Hello there. I'm just your average Brilliant, but Lazy geek, sort of.
I created so many work pages that I got tired of having to add on to the list every time I made a new one. If you're wondering about the very first work page I wrote, see here. I've launched exactly one trope, Living Museum Exhibit.
Whenever I visit the forums, it's usually in the Forum Games and Yack Fest sections, most often the former.
See also my troper wall. Please, please do stuff there, it's lonely and in need of company.
See also also my "tweets", as the laymen call them. Occasionally I'll post art there.
By the way, if you're reading this and you think you might recognize me from somewhere besides TV Tropes, don't be afraid to send me a direct message saying so! I'd be more than happy to see any of my pals here!
I figured a list of tropes that apply to me was too cliche, so here is some more general info.
My current wiki goals:
- Increase the general representation of Asian Animation.
- Make the following works/franchises Trope Overdosed or Trope Kilowicked:
Some stuff about me:
- I am from the United States.
- I'm male and go by he/him pronouns, setting aside the gender of some of the characters in my avatars.
- I have High-Functioning Autism.
- My Western Zodiac symbol is Libra, the weighing scales. My Eastern Zodiac symbol is the water goat (no wonder I like Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf).
- My tastes in entertainment tend to lean towards sillier and/or more light-hearted series, though I have seen more serious works as well and like them.
- My favorite media tend to be:
- I succumb to Cuteness Proximity surprisingly often, and I'm a huge sucker for cutesy character designs. (Please don't question my feminine tastes...)
- On a similar note, I ship fictional characters. Or, more specifically, I usually get hyperfixated on whatever is my favorite pairing, often ignoring other shippings even if they don't interfere with the one I like the most. (I'm weird like that.) My Shipping Goggles have reached a point where I read romantic subtext in an alarming number of works I consume, even if it doesn't result in me shipping the couple most of the time.
- My main Troper Types are the Advertiser and the Trope Editor. Occasionally I'm also a Casual Example Adder.
Tropes I like:
- Cultural Cross-Reference: It's refreshing, or at least amusing, to see a work referencing one of the last pieces of foreign media that you'd expect it to reference.
- Moe: My favorite kind of character designs tend to be the very moe-looking ones.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: My other favorite type of character design.
- Ship Tease: If it's for a couple I actually like. My only real shipping preferences are "the characters look cute + the characters get enough ship tease = OHMYGOSHIWANNASEETHEMCUDDLEEACHOTHER".
- So Bad, It's Good: Who said your show/film/commercial/whatever had to be well-made to make your day?
- Unexpected Character: Surprise characters are often a lot of fun.
- Vanity Plate: Opening and closing logos are admittedly a latentnote interest of mine. The various Paramount logos are some of my favorites since the CGI in them looks amazing, and since I grew up watching a lot of Paramount-distributed programs on VHS and DVD. The Disney home media logos (and by extension, bumpers) possibly even more so, since I find their music more nostalgic.
Tropes I don't like:I want to keep this page as positive as possible, so I'll try not to go overboard in describing why I dislike these tropes. I'm at least neutral to 99% of the tropes documented here, with the below exceptions:
- Adored by the Network: If the network's adoration for a show reaches ridiculous lengths, such as how SpongeBob SquarePants and The Loud House reruns take up a majority of Nickelodeon's schedule.
- Reviews Are the Gospel: People are allowed to have differing opinions on a work, and they don't necessarily have to agree with another's opinion if they genuinely don't feel the same way about the work. If you like (for example) The Emoji Movie unironically, that's amazing that you like it! I don't mind; go on and enjoy yourself, and don't let others make you feel like garbage for enjoying it!
- Ship-to-Ship Combat: In most cases, I think it's best to just let people ship their preferred pairings.
- Strangled by the Red String: "Let's just pair these characters together with little foreshadowing or prompting, if any. Nobody will care how little effort we put into their relationship." This trope proves that writing romantic relationships into your work can be tricky, and is often done in sloppy ways.
- Toilet Humor: Most of the time, I tend to find toilet humor more gross than funny.
Characters that mean a lot to me, in no particular order:
- Sig and Amitie from Puyo Puyo. Their personalities remind me a lot of me - Sig's Bug Catching obsession being similar to how I tend to become obsessed with certain media, and Amitie being a Ditzy Genius. Besides that, Amitie x Sig is my One True Pairing; the one cutscene from Puyo Puyo Tetris where Amitie tells Sig "Lately, I feel like you and I... well... I just wanna say..." almost never fails to put a smile on my face, and they're just so cute and fluffy together that I can't help but want to give them both a big hug.
- Simple Samosa, in a half-ironic way. The show he's from has to be one of my weirdest Guilty Pleasures. On one hand, its animation is stiff, its jokes tend to be lame, and its characterization is wonky; on the other hand, I can't stay mad at the people who produce the show since they actually put their heart into making it, and I will admit that some of the stuff they do with the food-themed worldbuilding is genuinely nifty. Even if I find Samosa himself to be kind of a jerk, I can still appreciate that he genuinely loves his friends no matter what and means well. And whenever he does do something pathetic, it still makes good riffing fuel!
- Mametchi from Tamagotchi. Even if I don't geek out about it that much nowadays, I really like the Tamagotchi animated series from 2009. Mametchi is a cute, smart boy.
Avatars I drew myself:Any forum avatars that I personally drew will be shown here.
|Amitie x Sig||Amitie x Sig again||Kukuru|