Currently Applicable Tropes
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Hiding the Handicap: I have something that's probably lupus, but I take medicine to suppress the effects.
- Mistaken Identity: A little kid mistook me for her pediatrician even though we look nothing alike. Also, when I was little, I went to the playground by myself and another little kid kept insisting that I was some other kid she knew.
- Mistaken Nationality because all Asians look alike, right?
- Older Than She Looks: I had a teaching internship at my old middle school and my former 7th grade history teacher almost confiscated my phone. Fortunately, he recognized me: "Wait. You don't go here any more, do you?"
Personality and behavior
- Be Yourself
- Obfuscating Stupidity: I try to keep expectations low so that it's easier for me to meet them.
- Ping-Pong Naïveté
- The Quiet One
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak
- Apologises a Lot
- Grumpy Bear
- Innocently Insensitive
Coworker: "How was the test?"Me: "It was pretty easy."Coworker: "Really? I thought that test was hard."Me, with zero malice / trying to point out that I'd just had more practice: "Well, that's 'cause you were an art major-"
- Intelligence Equals Isolation
- Not Good with People: People joke that I'm like a Disney princess because of the animals thing.
- Anti Appeal to Worse Problems: This is one of my pet peeves. I have been in too many rounds of Misery Poker (see Luck section below) to put up with this ish.
- The Cynic to a degree
Story of my life
- Deus Angst Machina: It all started when I dented my car. A couple days later, I was wrestling the knife out of someone's hand (long story). Another couple of days later, I got abruptly dumped. And a couple of days after that, I had to put my dog down. Oh, and this whole time, I was also dealing with the day-to-day of autoimmune problems, which was my new normal, and also with taking care of said dog who had epilepsy, was recovering from an orthopedic surgery, and was suffering complications with a bad infection at the surgical site.
- Moral Luck
- Wins by Doing Absolutely Nothing: I feel like I don't do anything special but my last two bosses went around telling their bosses that I'm the invaluable right hand and I secretly think they're just biased towards me because I emit vibes of intelligence.
- Unluckily Lucky
Historically Applicable Tropes
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette
- Lady Looks Like a Dude
"I didn't know you had a brother!""That's a photo of me."
- Mistaken for Subculture
"OMG, that girl is so emo." Somebody's parents didn't teach them any manners.
- Younger than She Looks: This is what happened when people estimated my age from my height.
Personality and behavior
- Bookworm: I probably should have been diagnosed with addiction, because confused teachers often found themselves requesting special parent-teacher conferences just to discuss curbing my excessive reading, when as teachers, the last they wanted to do was discourage reading.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Despite always being asleep in class, somehow in Calculus AB AP, I recalled the crucial tips from the teacher for completing the homework that none of the awake people managed to remember, resulting in me tutoring seniors in calculus after school hours during my junior year (probably feeding back into the exhaustion / sleep deprivation vicious cycle, though).
- In high school, the badminton coach considered me a reasonably quick study with new skills and entrusted me with coaching the beginners BUT I never managed to win any of my singles matches, much to her bafflement as the girls I coached climbed up the ladder.
- Deadpan Snarker: A classmate wrote in my yearbook, "We never sat at the same table but hearing some of your side comments was really funny!"
- Evil Laugh: I don't always laugh evilly, but when I do, is it ever.
- Little Miss Badass
- Wise Beyond Her Years
- Rebellious Rebel: As a kid, I decided that if all kids did the same thing to be rebellious, it wasn't really individualistic any more, so I chose to be a follower of rules to rebel against expectations of rebellion.
Story of my life
- Death Glare
- Hates Wearing Dresses: My parents punished me for kicking provocateurs by making me wear skirts for several months. This happened twice.
- Identical Stranger: I've never met a doppelganger myself but a few people have reported seeing me where I wasn't.
- Distaff Counterpart: Once, I even had a friend report to me that she encountered the male version of me, otherwise identical, down to my mannerisms.
- (Retired) Kick Chick
- Taught by Television: I was a little fountain of secondhand knowledge.