A troper obsessed with anime, video games, cosplay, art, and theater. She came across this site while looking for web-comics, and TV Tropes has proved to suck out what little social life she has bit by bit. She lives and is studying to be an actor in the San Francisco Bay Area.
She is prone to Entry Pimping. She has also transcribed the River Tam Sessions of Firefly in their entirety—go here if you want to see them. She also has a tendency to work on at least three projects at a time.
Pages she's made major contributions to:
Her Troper Works:
- Hunting the Unicorn - her Glee fanfic drawing on The Last Unicorn, which is also a multi-fandom Crossover with Firefly, Criminal Minds, and Game Of Thrones.
- Moonflowers - her Fairy Tale-styled Urban Fantasy with heavy Celtic elements, published on HitRECord under the name Logophile. Album page is here.
- Takotsubo: The story of a superhero - her Deconstruction of both the superhero genre and the Asian-American gangster stereotype, also published on HitRECord. The main piece is a theater script, but she has also written several companion pieces in prose. Album page is here.
- The Crocodile God - Another Urban Fantasy on HitRECord and two writing websites. Focuses on a Reincarnation Romance between Filipino-American Mirasol and the Tagalog sea-god Haik, after centuries of colonization have already decimated the Philippines.
- Achey Scars: It's much more boring than the fictional version.
- All Girls Like Horses: She wants riding lessons so she can buy her own horse and learn mounted archery.
- Asian and Nerdy: She had a horrible time with Positive Discrimination in high school.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She is small and Filipino, with a strong sense of basic human decency. She also knows archery, has a Hair-Trigger Temper, and often uses Cluster F Bombs. The goddess she follows is an infamous war deity, and she's started learning Shaolin Kung Fu.
- Berserk Button: Racists, homophobes, and idiots. Also, every Double Standard involving rape or some form of abuse being okay if a girl/guy does it to a(nother) guy.
- Big enough to be noted on its own: Asian-targeted racism.
- Big Eater: She is constantly eating and has a hard time gaining weight.
- Buffy Speak: Combined with Sophisticated as Hell. She speaks of theater/film, the various aspects of her beliefs, and her plans to become a literal nerd in Hollywood with a slang-heavy vocabulary.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Has a problem with going off on tangents and sometimes misses the point, but when she doesn't get distracted, she's extremely creative and gives good advice.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: In her actual classes in high school, she was at the top. When it came to homework, she didn't see the point and could barely keep her grades above mid-C's. This is much less of a problem now that she's in college and homework in the high-school sense is quite rare.
- Broken Bird: She's been struggling with depression on and off since high school. You wouldn't know it by looking at her.
- Chaotic Good: For someone who has no interest in the law, she's extremely good at finding loopholes.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: She's not quite there sometimes.
- Compelling Voice: She has a low voice for a girl, and people have said that it's attention-grabbing. This is most likely a result of choir, actor training, and years of having to talk with braces.
- Crazy-Prepared: One of the walls of text is hers. She is also starting to prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Cuteness Proximity: Seeing something cute, tiny, and/or fluffy (that isn't making ugly noises) makes her do this in two seconds. This is a problem when her own dog is a cute black blob of Moe. Who is half-Dachshund.
- Daydream Believer: The type who tries to figure out the kernels of truth in the myths. The fact that giant squids and a mutant "unicorn" deer have been discovered helps a lot.
- Deadpan Snarker: More often in her real-life interactions than online.
- Fag Hag: Is starting to border on this, what with her vocal defense of the LGBT community and the fact that at least half her friends are gay.
- Gamer Chick
- Hollywood Nerd: As the previous tropes explain, she's extremely smart (and Asian), and has had passing strangers remark on how pretty she was. She plans to become a literal nerd in Hollywood once she finishes her theater degree.
- Hot-Blooded: FUCK YEAH.
- I Call It "Vera": She's named her iPod, her plants, and her journal.
- Love Dodecahedron: Was a HUGE problem in her high-school theater group. Not as fun as it sounds.
- Mistaken for Gay: When she was twelve, people threatened to call her a lesbian if she didn't say she liked a guy in class. Since she literally just had to SAY she liked the guy, without any kind of proof, she did to avoid more trouble. In high school, the dumber people thought she was gay because only a gay person would be bothered about all the hate speech. It doesn't help that she's in theater.
- Mistaken Nationality: She's Filipino(-American), yet has been mistaken frequently for Chinese and Japanese.
- Must Have Caffeine
- Neo-Pagan: Specifically, she's an Irish Reconstructionist Bard.
- Older Than They Look: She's constantly mistaken for a teenager despite being in her twenties, as she's short and slender.
- Overly Narrow Superlative: She's just like any other Irish-Recon, Filipino-American theater student.
- The Quiet One: Very much so.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator: Among other things, why she nearly flunked twelfth grade. ...And nearly every other year of school. Much less of a problem now that she's in college.
- Rousseau Was Right: She may not like certain beliefs, but she won't condemn the people who follow them.
- Tomboy: Was one when she was younger, and is working on becoming a Badass Bookworm.
- Scully Box: Her theater group mates frequently need her to stand on something if they want to give her a hug.
- Serial Tweaker: Hoo, boy.
- Twofer Token Minority: She's a non-Catholic Filipino-American.
- Vocal Dissonance: Tiny Asian woman, raspy and loud voice. A friend explicitly picked her to voice-act for a Badass Asian soldier because of it.
- Wild Hair: She enjoys the bohemian look.
- Yaoi Fangirl: That's all she's going to say.
- Author Appeal
- Celtic Mythology and all its related tropes: Partly because it's an important aspect of her religion, partly because it's badass.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Will usually be the sidekick/supporting character/ The Lancer. May be combined with a Knight in Sour Armor.
- Write What You Know / Write Who You Know: Her characters are varying combinations of Action Girl, Deadpan Snarker, Cloud Cuckoolander, Broken Bird / Troubled, but Cute, and The Smart Guy/Girl.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: She hates Downer Endings with a passion.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Whether it's a modern update or an actual knight, she makes sure at least one of her characters is this.
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Like whoa. Often it's a blend of various real-life cultures.
- Rule of Cool: She runs on this.
- Fix Fic: When she writes fanfiction, it has a 63% chance of being this.
- Ho Yay / Les Yay. If characters are not established as gay, they will have some instances of this.
- Badass Family: In spades.
- True Companions
- Shown Their Work: She tries to research at least the basics of anything she doesn't know already, and she absorbs information like a sponge.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: See Bunny-Ears Lawyer and Cloud Cuckoolander. Ties in with...
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: She's working on three original novels, a movie script, and one fanfic. And she can't decide whether to keep one of the novels as-is or to convert it into another script.
- Darker and Edgier: A common treatment of both her fandoms and Fairy Tale archetypes, but she also likes using Dark Is Not Evil.
- Doing It for the Art: She probably won't be very prolific with her tendencies toward Schedule Slips and spending weeks fine-tuning minutia, but nobody will say she just didn't care.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl
- Writers Cannot Do Math: She subverts this and Artists Are Not Architects by using her trusty calculator whenever something involves numbers, but she does not like it at all. However, she's learned to tolerate the knowledge that she's reducing future fanwank.
- Writing by the Seat of Your Pants: She rarely does more than a loose outline for her stories.
Vandalism from other tropers!
I like your Archery Page-Tuefel
I just decided I like you. - Gacek
- Huzzah for Druidry. - Diamonnes
Tá Gaeilge agat? Cén fáth? Níl aon usáid as an teanga sin ar chor ar bith. Rugadh mé i gCorcaigh, agus táim i mo chónaí ann fós; rinne me dharmad a lán de mo Gailge tar éis a fhág mé mo scoil, mar bhíonn an mórchuid daoine anseo ag caint as Béarla, in ngach áit. note - The Hero Hartmut
An cainteoir Gaeilge? Nuair a bhí tú mo shaol ar fad? XD -Dia, again.
Hi! Your trope list for your writing sounds really interesting.- Cheeseypoofs
Bonjour! Ca va? Your answer to my "Everyday Tasks Blinded and Sans Arm" thread was really helpful! I really like your trope list, also. I'm itching to learn French, in addition to the German I already take. Au revior, Mademoiselle! - Tropers/Punkreader
Hello! I just stumbled upon your page and realized we have a lot in common. Just wanted to say hi- Original Hobbit
Hey hey! A fellow Pinoy! :D — Liberated Liberater
Er...Hi, Ms Sharysa. I just wanted to say I really admire your work, and...er...yeah, I'm going to get back to lurking now. Thanatos 13713
DYYYNAMIC EEEN~TRYYY!!!... Hi. Nice Troper Page. You sound kinda awesome. ^_^ Karasu91
Hi. You sound awesome, so I thought I'd drop by and say hi. Zadia
Cześć! Good luck with the actor stuff! (Ninja Smoke Exit!) Oh... wait, was I supposed to leave? Hehe... bye. (Runs) -Ysa Slayer Of Sporks
A non-Catholic Filipino? I'm surprised. Oh, BTW, greetings from the mother land. — Icarael
Greetings fellow carbon unit! — TairaMai
Hi. thanks for the advice on mythopoeia,ate. -Passerby