Rytex* is a rather eccentric troper. He found TV Tropes when searching for information on My Immortal and My Inner Life due to an interest in badfics at the time. From there, he went on to become a regular contributor on the site.
Trope Pages Created:
Works Pages Created:
Works With Trope Pages:
Favorite Sports Teams (in a general order of preference)
- Arsenal FC
- Los Angeles Galaxy
- San Antonio FC
- The United States Men's National Soccer Team
- The United States Women's National Soccer Team
- Boston Red Sox
- Texas Rangers
- San Francisco Giants
- New England Patriots
- San Francisco 49ers
- Oklahoma City Thunder
- Boston Celtics
- Anaheim Ducks
- Dallas Stars
- Boston Bruins
- Auburn Tigers
- Oklahoma Sooners
Rytex spends his time reading, writing fanfiction (and the occasional original fiction), coding, playing video games, and watching CGP Grey and Kurzgesagt. Rytex is currently a programmer in some random city on earth.
His Web Pages
He is a fan of a ton of things, but most notably The Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Sportsball, Star Wars, Red Vs Blue, RWBY, Star Trek, Final Fantasy, Harry Potter, Half-Life, GLaDOS, Portal, Star Trek The Next Generation, Rocket League, Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire, Doctor Who, xkcd, Rick and Morty, Archer, Metroid, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
He writes Fan Fics. There are links to his pages above. Fanfiction.net, however, is old and mostly garbage (with the occasional good story). Feel free to ignore, or laugh at his earlier pathetic storytelling attempts.
He is known for his vague references and currently has the death sentence on twelve systems.
This Troper shows examples of:
- Afraid of Needles: As in, full on petrifying phobia of them.
- Angrish: Say something that really pisses him off and he won't be able to properly form a sentence.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: A notable trait in his style of humor.
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: Known to come up with a ton of ideas, but doing his damnedest to finish them.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Not severe, but he can wander off-topic.
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Not a physical guy at all, but excels at strategy and management.
- Badass Bookworm: Loves to read and write.
- Belief Makes You Stupid: An unapologetic Christian, but goes out of his way to be an aversion, being an educated young man who programs, expresses disdain for those who play it straight, and geeks out about science.
- Buffy Speak: A severe case of it, but one he's trying to overcome.
- Soul Crushing Retail Job: Responsible for a case of depression, but fortunately, well past that job.
- Cast Calculus:
- Catch-Phrase: Ends blogs or chapter uploads with "Rytex out. Have a good day!"
- Character Alignment: Switches between Chaotic and Lawful, and between Good and Neutral a lot. Most often Neutral Good or Chaotic Good, as while he's a good guy, he can be incredibly dickish at times.
- Claustrophobia: Not a fan of small spaces. Can deal with it, but if too many people press in around him and give him no space, he can snap.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: No shortage of eccentricity, but has mellowed out in recent years.
- Deadpan Snarker: Has his moments, but sarcasm is his go-to.
- Fake Brit: Once upon a time, he picked up a Received Pronunciation accent to play an English News Anchor for a theatre production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, then he started cosplaying as the Tenth Doctor, and after that, the accent got mixed in with his regular accent for several years.
- For the Evulz: Used to work retail. Would frequently antagonize unhelpful customers for no real reason.
- Grammar Nazi: He finds the term no longer funny given recent events, so he prefers the term "Grammar Gestapo," with Added Alliterative Appeal.
- It Amused Me: His rationale for half of the trollish things he does.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: An unapologetic Troll with a penchant for sarcasm, but still goes out of his way to be kind to people not pissing him off.
- Military Brat: More specifically, Air Force brat.
- Myers–Briggs: Introverted, iNtuition, Thinking, Judging - Turbulent.
- Old Shame: Just about everything on his Fan Fiction.Net page. He keeps it around as a reminder of how far he's come, and he occasionally posts new things to it anyway.
- Porky Pig Pronunciation: Has a stutter picked up from his time working retail. Trying to work it off.
- Rooting for the Empire: Despite being a good guy deep down, he's a big fan of the Trope Namer, and other such subjects.
- Shameless Self-Promoter: He has written three fanfics that he has been the one to put under the recommended fics section, and a page of one of said works that he created. No one has taken them off yet. Guess people just assume they're actually good.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Despite this, he doesn't hold a terribly high opinion of his own writing and frequently can be found being overly-critical of his own uploaded chapters.
- Signing-Off Catchphrase: "Rytex out. Have a good day!"
- Speech Impediment: Picked up a stutter while working retail that he is trying to work out of his normal speech.
- Troll: If one knows him on Facebook, they won't be surprised to see him derailing political conversations by posting GIFs of Stephen Colbert with popcorn.
- You Make Me Sic: An unapologetic Grammar Gestapo, and will point out your grammatical errors if you make them.
- (I wanted to sneak something in down here, but couldn't think of anything. Also, don't you hate it when someone opens a parentheses without closing it?