Roketto/Rocket/RyunoOhi is a long-standing denizen of the Internet, who contributes to better the online world through hunting trolls, instructing in basic syntax, spelling, etc., & consulting for DragonballZ fanfiction, among other things. She has a DeviantArt account under the username RyunoOhi, where she draws fanart, speculates on xenobiology, & illustrates DBZ fanfiction, including Honor Trip & Bringer of Death. She is also known for frequenting the Dragonball Multiverse forums. She also has a FanfictionDotNet account, under the username RyunoOhi, where she writes DBZ fanfiction. Her premiere work is Savior of Demons.
Tropes That Apply to This Troper:
- Acting Your Intellectual Age: The poster child for it, down to learning to read when she was 2 years old, and reading unabridged dictionaries for fun, then using the obscure words she learned to boggle adults around her.
- All There in the Manual: If you want to fully understand Savior of Demons, it's necessary to read the extensive Q&A at the end of each chapter. It also helps to refer to the SoD Special Forum, where the author personally responds to queries.
- Description Porn: The author is, shall we say, fond of explaining xenobiology and alien planets in loving, minute detail. And don't forget the SuperDetailedFightNarrations.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Surprisingly, Roketto does not curse (or at least, doesn't utter the really bad ones). This leads to bizarre exclamations on occasion, such as her trademark Unusual Euphemism "Holy fish-on-a-stick!" where others might use another word beginning with "f".
- Hates Being Touched: Even in her online persona's interactions with others, this trope comes out.
- The Illegible: In some of her sketches on Deviant Art, you can see that her handwriting is terrible. She even admits that her Japanese writing is better, because it's supposed to look flowing and stylized. In English though, it's chickenscratch.
- Large Ham: IRL, her teaching style could be described as this crossed with Absentminded Professor and Stern Teacher.
- Long Hair Is Feminine: She's got long, blonde hair, which she isn't fond of people touching.
- Misanthrope Supreme: Tends to come across as this, and hand-waves it as blanket pessimism towards people, until proven wrong.
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: Even though some people initially confuse her for a guy, Roketto is in fact female.
- Not a Morning Person: By her own admission, she's a night owl, and hates getting up in the morning at an ungodly hour.
- Original Character: She's known for creating them when canon characters aren't available to take a role in her fanfiction, Savior of Demons, but has also created original characters for other authors' stories.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: This affects everything from how often Savior of Demons updates, to various small aspects of the narrative, which is where Write What You Know becomes evident. To her credit, she knows a little about a lot of varied and diverse topics, so it's fairly unnoticeable.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: She Lampshades this trait of hers sometimes.