Oh! So, you've stumbled upon my TV Tropes page. Please, have a seat - make yourself at home. Feel free to get something to eat or drink. I'm just happy that you're checking this out, regardless of what your opinions on me are.
Anyways, you may have seen me from a WMG I made, or you might have seen the history of edits for Ultraman Geed's pagenote , and wondered what the creator of said page was like (or, for that matter, any of the other Playing With pages I've edited - I've kind of lost count in that area).
My name, in case you are curious, comes from a combination of two of my favorite franchises growing up - Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh!; the "Roark" comes from the Sinnoh Gym Leader of the same name (NOT the character from The Fountainhead - I've heard of that book, but not read it), and the "Tenjouin" part comes from the Japanese name of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX character Atticus Rhodes, Fubuki Tenjouin - and since we don't know Roark's real name...for all we know, it could be Tenjouin. But that's probably not the case. I've adopted the name on pretty much any other site, so odds are that if you find someone with some variant of Roark Tenjouin, that's me.
I write anime reviews on one of my Facebook pages (which you can find here), and I mainly post on the page which has my name (which is here). I am a fanfic writer...who can't post the fanfic he's working on (a Gundam fanfic) at the moment, mainly because I can't figure out what tags to use on Archive Of Our Own (as said fanfic uses all original characters, as opposed to using existing characters), so if you could help me figure that out, just message me and I would greatly appreciate that.
I am the embodiment of the following tropes:
- Achievements in Ignorance: I somehow accidentally joined the Stormcloacks in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I was attempting to complete Blood on Ice, and spoke with the wrong person.
- Author Appeal:
- Narm - Not in my works, mind you, but what I consume. I actually have used that entry for recommendations whenever I need some form of entertainment.
- So Bad, It's Good...to an extent.
- I have an affinity for unusual hair colors, and whenever I have the chance (an RPG that I can customize hair colors, a character I'm writing in a story, etc), I'll often give them an unusual hair color.
- Much like Seth MacFarlane, I'm quite fond of referencing other things I like in my works.
- Acceptable Targets: Nickelback is currently a favorite punching bag for me. As is Oklaholma City...although It's Personal in that regard explanation
- Berserk Button: "Cory in the House is best anime" jokesnote - I get that the joke is to troll weebs, but at least use something that's actually animated!
- Also, Six Feet Under, partially because of Chris Barnes Sucker-Punching Travis Ryan, and mainly because of their atrocious cover albums.
- And Mobile Suit Victory Gundam, or as I like to call it, Dude, Not Funny!! The Animation.
- Rouge Anglesof Satin doesn't drive me into a blind rage, but it will get you on my bad side (unless you're doing it on purpose for a good reason - i.e., you're mocking people who use it).
- Collectorofthe Strange: As a kid, I used to collect those airline safety brochures that they had. Don't know why I stopped.
- Insistent Terminology: Or rather, Insistent Formatting - thanks to TV Tropes, on ANYTHING I write, if I write the name of something (i.e., a movie, an album, a TV series), I am obligated to italicize itnote .
- Neutral Good: I am very good hearted...but I do have the urge to troll people sometimes, and if it's not too evil, I am willing to make bad-aligned choices just for Rule of Funny.
- What Could Have Been:
- I had 2 fanfics - one that was a blatant rip-off of StormBreaker (that I only wrote when I was bored in class during elementary school), and the other is a Smash Bros fic that...I don't think was too bad, but as I lost the computer that I had both on, I can't publish them. I would only publish the first to give people something to laugh at, and the second...I'm not sure what I'd do with it.