Images from sprite-based games that should be at their native resolution or an even multiple of it:
- Always in Class One (second part)
- Athletic Arena Level
- AwesomeBosses.Sonic the Hedgehog
- Beat 'em Up
- Bottomless Pits
- BreakingTheFourthWall.Video Games
- Cannibalism Superpower
- Cave Story
- Ce Satané Niveau
- Context-Sensitive Button
- Devil World
- Dual Boss
- Duel Boss
- Easily Conquered World
- Ese Maldito Nivel
- Finger-Licking Poison
- Giant Space Flea from Nowhere
- GuideDangIt.Platform Games
- Have You Come to Gloat?
- Health/Damage Asymmetry
- A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
- NightmareFuel.Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis
- Interpol Special Agent
- Invincibility Power-Up
- I Wanna Be the Guy: Gaiden
- Joke Item
- Kaizo Trap
- L33t L1ng0
- Characters.The Legend Of Zelda Goddesses And Allies (Old Man)
- Funny.The Legend Of Zelda Phantom Hourglass (256 × 192)
- One-Hit Point Wonder
- Mr. X image on Pantheon.Organized Crime
- Reviving Enemy
- Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom
- Seishun Scandal
- Shielded Core Boss (Vector Game)
- SNKBoss.Capcom (full size here◊)
- Skippable Boss
- Awesome.Sonic Mania
- NightmareFuel.Sonic Mania
- Springs, Springs Everywhere
- Stalked by the Bell
- Star Raiders
- Stationary Boss
- Subliminal Seduction (from Cracked)
- Swiss Bank Account
- ThatOneLevel.Super Mario Bros
- Teaser Equipment
- Thirsty Desert
- Trying Not to Cry
- Where in the World Is Carmen Sandiego? (320x200)
- You Fight Like a Cow
Other images in need of quality upgrades:
- Adorable Evil Minions
- The Amazing Feats of Young Hercules
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: Team Avatar (Suki without makeup)
- Bank Toaster
- Ben 10 Omnitrix Aliens
- Ben 10: Ultimate Alien
- Bill Nye the Science Guy
- Characters.Captain Planet And The Planeteers
- Closed Captioning
- The Cramp Twins
- Characters.Danny Phantom
- Memes.Death Note
- HoYay.Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger (zoom in)
- Doug's 1st Movie
- Characters.Dragon Ball Androids 17 And 18 (Android 18 in Super)
- Emily Youcis (locked)
- Enemy Summoner
- Enfant Terrible
- Pantheon.Establishments (Quester's Rest)
- Evil Con Carne
- Furry Confusion
- God, the Devil and Bob
- Goggles Do Nothing
- Grandia II
- Heat Vision and Jack
- Honey Honey
- Characters.The Hunchback Of Notre Dame Disney Characters and other subpages of The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Infinity -1 Sword
- Imagine Spotting
- Jump Physics
- Killer Game Master
- WesternAnimation.The Legend Of Zelda
- Legend of the Blue Wolves
- Lens Flare (middle third)
- Letting Her Hair Down
- Life Imitates Art
- Magic Music
- Man in the Machine
- Pantheon.Maximum Security (The Crimson Stone needs a direct rip)
- Meaningful Echo
- Media Watchdog
- Meteor Move
- Monkey Morality Pose
- Characters.Ouran High School Host Club
- Pec Flex
- Poison Mushroom
- Rapid Aging
- Saturday Supercade
- Screams Like a Little Girl
- Screwed by the Lawyers
- Scully Box
- Shining Time Station
- Suddenly Susan
- Sexy Coat Flashing
- Sharp-Dressed Man
- Skirts and Ladders (crop out text on bottom)
- Sliding Scale of Shiny Versus Gritty
- Pinball.Star Wars
- Awesome.Super Mario Sunshine (HQ version here◊, but lacks subtitles)
- Tennis Boss
- Time Skip
- Tomboyish Baseball Cap
- Unwilling Suspension
- Wall Master
- Water Is Air
- Witch Hunt
- World in the Sky
- Wu-Tang Clan
- Characters.Yandere Simulator Other Characters (Beldere-chan and Dracula-chan need direct rips)
- You Can't Do That on Television
Could come from colorized manga/comic:
- Aside Comment (Dragon Ball chapter 426)
- Blood Lust
- Fan Disservice.Anime & Manga
- Fantastic Arousal
- From a Single Cell (see here◊)
- Have a Gay Old Time (see here, though the quality of that scan is lacking)
- Heroic Resolve
- MediumAwareness.Anime And Manga
- Normally, I Would Be Dead Now
- The Nudifier
- One-Letter Name
- Overshadowed by Awesome
- Readings Blew Up the Scale (Dragon Ball chapter 230)
- The Tape Knew You Would Say That
- Most from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- One Piece:
- Digitized Hacker (stock photo)
- Dragon Rider
- From the Mind of Finn Mertens
- Furnace Body Disposal (outdated)
- Honor Before Reason (4/6 panels)
- The Legend of the Titanic
- Modified Clone (no permission)
- Parental Substitute (no permission)
- Powerpuff Girls Z (uses earlier costume designs)
- Super Mode
- Teenage Wasteland (no permission)
- ThatOneBoss.Pokemon (no permission)
- Welcome to Hell
- Badass Baritone
- Cold Ham: Snape
- Contralto of Danger
- Smoky Voice
- Subliminal Advertising
- Vocal Dissonance
Split off 2010-present on The Millennium Age of Animation into its own page.
Pages needing cleanup:
- Move many examples on Subliminal Seduction to Sdrawkcab Speech and redirect Backmasking to the latter
- Allow in-universe examples on Favorite Trope and Pet-Peeve Trope
- Ambiguous Situation (overused)
- Better on DVD (misused)
- Cut-and-Paste Translation (complaining and examples that better fit under Bowdlerize)
- Country Matters and Precision F-Strike (frequently sinkholed)
- George Lucas Altered Version (complaining and overlap with other tropes)
- Grotesque Gallery
- Heroic Bastard
- Merge Characters.The Hunger Games Literature and Characters.The Hunger Games Film
- NightmareFuel.Awkward Zombie
- NightmareFuel.Dragon Ball Z
- NightmareFuel.Hazbin Hotel
- Review Ironic Echo (make trivia?)
- Significant Anagram contains many seemingly unintentional examples
- Stealth Cigarette Commercial
- Straight Gay
- Stupid Sexy Flanders (used as an audience reaction)
- Televised Torture
- Emo Teen: Stereotype
- Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy: Villain trope, valid examples should be moved to A-Team Firing
- Unseen Evil: Evil trope
- Cipher Scything
- City in a Bottle
- Cool, Clear Water to "Clear, Refreshing Water"
- Cousin Oliver to "Replacement Kid-Appeal Character"
- Finger on Lips
- Harpo Does Something Funny to "Scripted Improvisation"
- Homosocial Heterosexuality
- Glacier Waif
- Locked into Strangeness
- Lotsa People Try to Dun It
- The Neidermeyer
- Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant
- River of Insanity to "Doomed Expedition"
- Short Run in Peru
- The Trope Kid
- What Song Was This Again?
- Grand Unified Timeline to JustForFun.Grand Unified Timeline
- UsefulNotes.HM The Queen to (Queen) Elizabeth II
- UsefulNotes.The Presidents to Presidents of the United States
- Notable Music Videos to Music Videos
- Notable Flash Videos to Flash Videos
- Notable Original Music to Original Music
- Notable Fanfiction Archives to Fanfiction Archives
- WesternAnimation.The New Mr Peabody And Sherman Show to The Mr. Peabody and Sherman Show
- WebVideo.The Rock Critic to Crash Thompson
- VideoGame.Conception 2 Children Of The Seven Stars to VideoGame.Conception II Children Of The Seven Stars
- WebAnimation.Dorkly Originals to Dorkly
- VideoGame.Dissidia Final Fantasy 2015 to Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
- WesternAnimation.Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer 1998 to Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Movie
- Fanfic.Bastard to Bastard (Harry Potter) (to avoid wiki word collision)
- VideoGame.Rayman 1995 to Rayman 1
- VideoGame.Crash Bandicoot 1996 to Crash Bandicoot 1
- VideoGame.Spyro The Dragon 1998 to Spyro the Dragon 1
- VideoGame.Sakura Wars 1996 to Sakura Wars 1
- Anime.Yu Gi Oh First Anime Series to Yu-Gi-Oh! (1998)
- Manga.Metroid Manga to Metroid (2003)
- Anime.Negima Second Season to Negima!? (2006)
- Series.The Mystic Knights Of Tir Na Nog to Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog
- Anime.Irresponsible Captain Tylor to The Irresponsible Captain Tylor
- Anime.Alice In Wonderland JP to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Anime.Kyogoku Natsuhiko Kosetsu Hyaku Monogatari to Requiem From the Darkness
- Literature.Requiem From The Darkness to The Wicked and the Damned: A Hundred Tales of Karma
- Radio.True Capitalist to Podcast.True Capitalist Radio
- Manga.Ge Ge Ge No Kitaro to Anime.Ge Ge Ge No Kitaro
- VideoGame.Necrosis Resurrection to Roleplay.Necrosis Resurrection
- WesternAnimation.Song In The Sky to WebAnimation.Song In The Sky?
- Beyblade series to Manga/
- Characters.South Park Antagonists Big Bads to Characters.South Park Big Bads
- Characters.South Park Antagonists Secondary And Minor to Characters.South Park Secondary And Minor Antagonists
- Characters.South Park Antagonists Jerks And Bullies to Characters.South Park Jerks And Bullies
- Pokémon Anime - Team Rocket to Pokémon the Series Team Rocket Trio
- Pokémon Anime - Team Rocket Others to Pokemon The Series Team Rocket
- Star Wars - The Mandalorian (Character Sheet) to Star Wars Din Djarin?
- WebAnimation.DC Super Hero Girls to DC Super Hero Girls: At Super Hero High?
- WesternAnimation.Dragons Riders Of Berk to DreamWorks Dragons?
- WesternAnimation.Tangled The Series to Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure?
Anime and Manga
- The original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, clockwise from top-left: Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Mastermind, and Toad: ◊
Describe Brazil Nut Disorder Here.
I'll try, TV Tropes.
It's kinda complicated, and filled to the brim with satire.
To start: SOMEONE made a stupid mistake. Or maybe they just were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Really, who cares?
Unfortunately, the guv'mit, or the guv'mit's superior, gets involved. And, well, SOMEONES not happy at/scared of SOMEONE about the SOMETHING that SOMEONE did even though it's SOMEONE ELSE'S SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING.
Well, this can pretty much go three ways:
Eventually (usually), the fact that It Was All a Misunderstanding comes to light. The government/whatever is approached with the evidence.
There's just so much bureaucracy, too much stupidity to get around.
The dysfunctional Sister Trope to Chance the Gardener, this is a complex and unusual disorder. It may lead to total, utter, hilarious chaos if left unchecked for too long. Related to Chance the Gardener.
This disease can come in three different forms of severity:
- Class I (Horatial BND): Minor mistake, usu. on the part of the victim, usu. leads to imprisonment, often in The Asylum. Not much damage is done, but it's still screwed up.
- Class II (Juvenalial BND): The victim actually may be somewhat responsible here. There's reasonable suspicion. But through red tape, Hobbesian human nature and such, they won't listen to the truth. This may actually do damage, and is where a Gardener Contract may come in in more severe cases.
- Class III (Apocalyptial BND): This usually applies to Planets Eris and Crapsack Worlds. Everything comes down at once, repeatedly. Chaos, horrible, hilarious chaos, uncovering the disturbing flaws, Blah Blah Blah, You Get the Idea.
Actually, no. You don't. I'm making it sound simpler than it is. I'll try to use some more applicable or related terms:
So, with that vague, incomplete, nigh incomprehesible description, I hope you'll understand how it works and will be able to help once I list the
Class I or Horatial:
Class II or Juvenalial:
- The Fugitive, sort of. Hey. it was good enough for the picture.
- Big Trouble.
- The Iron Giant (Parts of it.)
Class III or Apocalyptial:
- As Traude recounts the fate of her father after the Battle of Moria to Brianna in Beorn's bathroom, we get this heart-wrenching exchange:
Traude: They told me my father was gone. He was one of the dead. But I didnt believe them. I searched through the entire battlefield. Every last body. And he wasnt there. But my brother was.Brianna: Your brother?Traude: Y-Yes. Frerin.Brianna: You never told me.Traude: [Starts to cry] I don't like to talk about Frerin. He always looked after me and Dis when my father couldn't. Now...now he's gone as well.
- Hearing Beorn tell his backstory is already sad enough, but the absolute pain that's described when he remembers his daughters laughter is just unbearable.
- After hearing her backstory, Beate's terrified reaction to the wargs suddenly become very sad, especially when Bertha tries to calm her down.
- Talia and Lechsinka bonding over memories of Talia's dead husband, who was Lechsinka's father.
- Brianna's longing for home.
- Barbara's trying to fight back the tears while she recounts the Battle of Moria around the campfire.
- Beate feeling like she's useless on this journey and admitting that she feels she shouldn't have come on the journey. You just want to go over and hug the poor thing. It is, however, followed by Bertha comforting her and reassuring her bravery.
- Brianna's horrified reaction to killing the monitor lizard when it got too close to the ring. All the other moments were the ring effects her were troubling enough, but with that moment, all bets are off.
- This exchange between Bridget and Beatrice about her deceased husband:
Bridget: And you're husband is at home watching them?Beatrice: (trying not to cry) He's dead.
- The utter horror the girls expierence when they think some of the their group were killed in the battle of the stone giants, especially poor Frieda's reaction to it.
- It's establsihed that while Lechsinka and Talia have a good relationship, Talia dosen't get along very well with Taduesz, contanstly referring to him as "captain". Imagine living most of your life living under the shadow of your mentors daughter, rarely being called by your first name. But what especially places this into Tear Jerker territory is this single line he delievers to Lechsinka:
Taduesz: Why should I go back? Your mother dosen't treat me like your brother. She's never even called me her son.
- Lechsinka practically begging Taduesz to come home with her, with a fear that her mother might banish him.
- Dorothea being Emotionally Tongue-Tied and never being able to get the chance to express her feelings for Beorn out of fear of offending him or hurting their friendship.
- The separation of Bertha and Beate in Lake-town. It's surprisingly sad to read, given that Bertha had promised Beate to take her up the mountain herself as a thank you for saving her life, only to discover she can't fulfill that promise.
- Beatrice being laughed at and mocked by members of the crowd when Julie brings up her family history. Poor girl.
- Kamilla's heartbreak of not only being away from Taduesz, the man she loves, but also being forced to stay behind in Lake-town becuase she's too ill.
- Dorothea's childish crush isn't this at first, but considering what nightmarish trauma Beorn suffered, it seems like he wouldn't be able to properly return Dorothea's affections even if he knew of her crush on him.
- Knowing what's going to happen to Frieda and Kamilla, many of their scenes talking about their future become very hard to read without getting choked up.
- The fact that Dis, Truade, Kamilla, Frieda Deborah and her husband might be the last living descendants of the line of Durin.
- Beorn himself.
- Thrain. Poor guy has lost his father and son, was captured by Azog and tortured in Dol Guldur for years. It drove him completely insane to the extent that when Gillian investigates Dol Guldur herself, he actually tries to kill her. Even after Gillian frees his mind, he feels that in the current state he's in, he'd do nothing but shame his daughters.
- "The flesh is weak. It is vulnerable. Soft. Squishy. So easily torn. But most of all, it can be infected. Mainly by a virus."— engie_ninja, about to do something horrible.
While Destroy the Godmodder is very light-hearted most of the time, with hilarious antics going on frequently, if one stops to look below the surface, there are some pretty dark things that go on.
- First off, the Godmodder himself. Capable of shrugging off damage that would destroy anything else, dodging or blocking almost every attack aimed at him, learns from his mistakes meaning nothing can reliably beat him, and dishes out just as much damage as he evades.
- The players opposing him. Take a look at any player, and you will find at least one thing that makes them this. Twinbuilder has a literal split personality that tried to kill him, Maniac controls an army made up entirely of the dead which grows stronger with every person who dies in battle, Erelye has dealt with Eldritch Abominations on a regular basis, Blue is perfectly happy to commit genocide to fulfil her goals, and Engie is both a Universe Eater and a Psychopathic Manchild.
- The fact that Universe Eaters exist at all.
- And they are FAR from the most powerful beings in existence.
- Being a bystander in this war. Think about it - you're minding your own business, living life as usual, when all of a sudden, you're locked into a game of Minecraft with every other player in the world. With no idea what is happening, you try to survive as best as you can, using any methods you can, and rejoice once you hear that a supercomputer has been built that could end the operation... That is, until you read the news and discover that the players you thought were fighting as heroes are against you too. Life continues on, until a strange orchid glow appears in the sky, spelling the word "OBEY". Your mind slowly clouds, the word repeating itself in your head, until you know nothing.
- HoYay.Doubutsu Sentai Zyuohger: A series of 'couples' portraits (others include Leo and Sela, Yamato and Amu and Tusk and Amu) but those two are by far the most intimate.
It's not like it can change your fate anyway.
- Crack Ship:
- For some reason, a lot of people pair me with Cell. I will admit, he is a valuable ally, but he is my clone in a sense - that's a bit too egocentric even for my tastes.
- Upon my second resurrection in Super, some people started pairing me with Goku, of all people. While I have come to admit he's almost like an equal, the idea still makes me want to vomit.
- Not that you worms have any idea how things like gender, anatomy, or reproduction work for my species anyway. It's only natural there would be...missteps.
- Evil Is Cool/Love to Hate: Shōnen villains, bow before your master!
- Fanon: Since I keep to myself, there's a lot of talk in the fan community about who my race is, my past before meeting the Saiyans, and so on. A shame, really. I don't see what the fuss is all about. I simply am what I am.
- Memetic Mutation: Many a joke on my other forms and my accurate view on minutes has been made. I'm glad nobody snickers about my ball caressing.
- Awesome Ego: I know how impressive I am, and you know you love me more for it.
- "Common Knowledge": A common myth among the fandom is that Kakarot defeated me in our battle on Earth, and I grew obsessed with defeating him afterwords. The truth is that I actually won our fight, it was Kakarot's brat and the bald one who defeated me. The fact that I grew so obsessed with defeating Kakarot after seeing him surpass me makes it easy to forget that he has never actually defeated me.
- Draco in Leather Pants: Not that I don't mind having fans, but some of you people seem to forget that I came to destroy you entire race, all the other races I've destroyed, and act like Kakarot is the real villain. The stupidity of humanity never fails to surprise me.
- Foe Yay: What?! How dare you insinuate my desire to surpass that pathetic clown Kakarot is in any way related to... that! *charges a ki blast* Keep that up, you miserable little pest, and I'll make sure you never walk again!
- Jerkass Woobie: So I am not nice, but I managed to get some sympathizers anyways because the universe spares no effort to make me suffer.
- Magnificent Bastard: During my race to the Dragon Balls on Namek I managed to pull this off. After my defeat from Zarbon dragged me to Freeza's ship so the bastard could learn where I hid one of the Dragon Balls, I made me escape when I was being healed. Since Freezaand all his men had lost their scouters, a couple explosions in the ship threw them off long enough for me to steal the five Dragon Balls Freeza had collected. My only regret is that I didn't get to see the look on his face, but oh well. Sadly I wasn't able to show my cunning in such a manner later.
- Strawman Has a Point: English dub only, Kakarot reprimanded me for killing Burter and Recoome after he had knocked them out. Idiot was being too nice for his own good and complained I was too cruel. They worked for Freeza and had killed countless people, which nearly included Kakarot's son and bald friend, and it's highly unlikely they would've stopped if they lived to wake up. Not to mention that moron's mercy towards Freeza nearly doomed the entire Earth, twice!
- Unpopular Popular Character: Everyone in my world who is not Kakarot, Bulma, Trunks, Bra/Bulla seems to have some sort of grudge against me, and even my creator said he doesn't like me (bah, what would a soft, human weakling know about true strength and greatness anyway?). *smirks* But the very reason that I have a character page here means that I must have had a lot of fanbase in the outer world *chuckles*. I guess I really do live up to my hype.
The game enables players to form teams using famous Pokémon Trainers from past main-series games. The concept originated from Game Freak character designer and founding member Ken Sugimori, who had the idea for a game where every single character from past games would appear.
The game has a four-minute animated trailer.
This game provides examples of:
- The Ace: Many of the trainers available in the game are this, including protagonists, Gym Leaders and Champions. Special mention goes to Red, who is implied to be this relative to even the other Champions. In the game's promotional artwork, he appears alongside a Mega Charizard X as his partner, even though Steven, Cynthia and Diantha are all present and only have their signature Pokémon alongside them in base form.
- Adaptational Attractiveness: The game features HD models of the Pokémon Trainer characters with realistic proportions and a high level of detail to add to the realism. Cynthia and Misty look more accurately realized, even though Cynthia's last appearance in Sun and Moon was already a step up in realism from X and Y, and Misty was deliberately chibi-styled in the Let's Go games. Height is also accurately shown for the first time - Cynthia towers over Rosa and presumably Misty, who would be of a similar height. Misty all retains the more casual outfit she sports in the Let's Go games despite being brought in line with the canonical proportions that exist outside those games. Brock both loses his shirt and gets considerably more buff when he uses the Super Move Portrait Attack. Red also sports a redesign - he has the style of his hat and jacket from the Generation I and Let's Go games, but facially and proportionally resembles his main series appearance from HeartGold and SoulSilver, with a modified jacket and a flame emblem on his hat to match his Mega Charizard X.
- All Your Powers Combined: The game lets players form teams using trainers that previously have never worked together, including Champions, Gym Leaders and Protagonists. This gives the player access to the strengths of those characters' signature Pokémon all at once.
- Cutting Off the Branches: Red is depicted in the game's promotional artwork as having a Mega Charizard X for a partner, with the leaf on his hat changed to a blue flame to reflect this. Previously, he was always shown to use all three starters in the main series games, or focus on Venusaur in the Let's Go series.
- Suddenly Voiced: For the first time in the series, the trainers are fully voiced. Cynthia, Brock and Misty are all shown speaking in the game's debut gameplay trailer. Naturally, this adds a great deal of personality to the battles. Players seem to also be able to interact with the trainers outside of the battle, with additional voiced lines present. Ironically, one of the trainers with the most focus in the game's promotional art is Red, who himself is notoriously silent throughout the series. Thus, he may be the only character to lack voiced lines entirely.
- Super Mode: While in-battle transformations have not been shown, Red is depicted as using Mega Charizard X for his partner, indicating that Mega Evolutions will be present even if they are always active.
- Super Move Portrait Attack: Trainers seem to be able to perform a signature move unique to their signature Pokémon, as Brock does with his Onix. During this move, the trainer strikes performs a flashy animation and strikes a pose that references their traits from the main series. Brock's aforementioned animation has him cross his arms and lose his shirt to match his Generation I and Let's Go artwork.
The animated trailer provides examples of:
- Adaptation Dye-Job: Red's hair is a darker shade of brown than normal. Given the studio animating the trailer, however, it uses its own art style interpretation for the series.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Lusamine, Gladion, and Lillie (in her "Z-powered" form at that) are shown together. This spoils their relationship for any viewer who didn't already know.
- Pokémon Speak: Zig-zagged. Most Pokémon don't say their names, but Pikachu does (like it does in the post-X and Y games).
- The Voiceless: Rosa, Red, and the new player characters are voiceless. They don't even make noise. This is a reference to the two being silent protagonists in the games.
- Memetic Mutation:
- Everyone is here.note
- Where's N?note
- Thinking Rosanote
- Short Hildanote
- Unexpected Character:
- Archer and Ariana. They're the only admins/executives of an evil team to appear in the game trailer.
- Kris. After almost two decades of absence, with Lyra taking her role for HeartGold and SoulSilver, she reappeared towards the end of the June 27th livestream. Needless to say, fans were pleasantly surprised.