Poochy.EXE is named after Poochy, the dog from Yoshi's Island, and often goes by "Poochy" for short. He often claims to be a sentient computer program, though he occasionally admits he's technically a cyborg who's half human and half computer program. As far as anybody else is concerned, his full name is Poochy.EXE V4, he's currently 2 years old because the upgrade to V4 reset his clock, his birthday is February 30th, his phone number is 867-5309, and he lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave., Washington D.C., USA. (It's a big white house - you can't miss it. And if you believe any of that, he has some beautiful oceanfront property in Switzerland to sell you.)
Poochy speaks fluent Mandarin Chinese (but sucks at reading/writing it) and English, and knows a decent amount of Japanese and Spanish.
Poochy and his life contains examples of:
- Beware the Nice Ones - He will usually go out of his way to be nice to people, until someone hits his...
- Berserk Button - Though it usually takes multiple presses before it has an effect, it's generally a good idea to avoid saying anything bigoted, hateful, or discriminatory around him. Or anti-intellectual. Or Failing Logic Forever in what should be a serious discussion. Or any religious intolerance. Or using a straw man. Or implying that anybody who disagrees with you is stupid/immature/in denial/"un-American"/mentally ill/etc. Okay, so it's more of a Berserk Keyboard. In any case, prepare to be yelled at.
- Challenge Gamer
- Determinator - He tends to have the mentality of a shounen anime protagonist, probably to a fault. A prime example would be the occasion he slipped and fell on DDR in the middle of a song on Double Mode, and got back up and finished the song, completely and recklessly disregarding the fact that his leg had a big bloody gash in the side and hurt like a file system check. Then he paused to check the gash, and decided to attempt another song, and still on Heavy to boot. In hindsight, that may not have been the best idea.
- Dis Continuity - The Tetris Guideline does not exist to him, and especially not infinite rotation.
- Half-Human Hybrid - No, really.
- Martial Pacifist - He knows kung-fu, but dislikes fighting and prefers not to use it unless provoked to do so. To quote Mr. Miyagi, "Fighting not good. But if must fight, win."
- My Hovercraft Is Full of Eels - Four languages. Malapropisms happen, especially when switching between them.
- Mouthful of Pi - 70 digits.
- Not Good with People - Type 2, only his affinity is with computers and technology rather and plants or animals, and he doesn't actually think Humans Are Bastards, but merely finds about 1/3 of the population insufferably stupid.
- No Name Given - His first name is Poochy and his last name is .EXE - don't bother trying to ask what his "real" name is.
- Self-Imposed Challenge - When playing Shoot Em Ups seriously and not just to unlock stuff, he outright refuses to use continues, and refuses to call a game "beaten" if he used a continue. He also uses the Hard modifier by default on Beatmania IIDX, and only turns it off for the harder songs.
- Unusual Euphemism - Has a fascination with them, and will use one at any given opportunity.
Some of the Video Games that Poochy plays:
- beatmania IIDX
- Dance Dance Revolution
- Inazuma Eleven series
- Mario series
- Panel de Pon
- Tetris: The Grand Master
- Touhou Project series
- Super Smash Bros. series
Some of the Video Games that Poochy enjoyed but is not (re)playing currently:
- I Wanna Be the Guy
- Pop N Music
- Puyo Puyo
- Rockman.EXE series
- Tales of Symphonia
- Yoshi's Island
Poochy started the following articles: