Describe PD here.
PD's been lurking moar around Troperville, but finally decided to get known for the sake of a couple YKTTWs she has in mind. She's a female geek working towards degrees in linguistics and computer science in the US of A. She eventually wants to go into natural language processing, but preferably in Canada, where (...Or So I Heard) natural language processing types and computational linguists actually talk to each other sometimes, instead of one blindly refining statistical methods and the other having little idea how computers work nor any say in industry. And very little grant money.
PD is responsible for the following pages:
- Adylheim - PD is staff there and highly recommends it. She loves to talk about it, so if you're interested, stop by Adychat.
PD is an example of the following tropes:
- Morally Ambiguous Ducktorate - "PD" stands for Paper Duck. It's a just a screenname joke, not a spiritual or furry identification; but when a friend found the page he immediately forwarded it to me. I believe that was my first introduction to TV Tropes!
- Most Tropers Are Young Nerds
PD is interested in these works, the works of these people, etc.:
- The Adventures Of Doctor Mc Ninja
- Dinosaur Comics
- Doctor Who
- Gears Of War
- Girl Genius
- Franz Kafka
- Lackadaisy Cats
- Language Tropes
- Lewis Carroll
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Red Dwarf
- Russian Language
- Saki (Not potholed because I mean the author, not the manga.)
- Stargate SG 1
- The Tick
PD thinks these works are highly overrated: