This Troper contains examples of:
- Accident Prone 1: played for laughs. The verdict is still open if this is a form of Obfuscating Stupidity or not, but girls do sometimes find it endearing and...
- Adorkable: or at least that's the rumour.
- Announcer Chatter: Sometimes speaks like this. Notable points include "Smashed to bits!" whenever anyone drops anything, even something unsmashtobitsable, "YES!" whenever he drops and/or breaks anything unintentionally and "I warned you!" whenever he did warn him/her/it. Oftentimes crosses into Refuge in Audacity and/or Self-Deprecation.
- Apologizes a Lot: Sorry.
- Ass Pull: On par with Gaius Baltar sometimes, of the "embellish something about yourself greatly, then, when you have to support your claims, miraculously manage to achieve task (or create the illusion of having done so) in the nick of time".
- Bilingual Bonus: cheerfully fond of using more than one language in a given post.
- Bi the Way: Somewhere around a 2 on the Kinsey Scale.
- Catchphrase: "These things, they happen."
- Cool Loser: Supposedly a rare Real Life example. A bit of a YMMV there, as there is no consensus on this. There is still no palpable explanation for not having any real friends until after university graduation despite having had the same personality traits since entering school.
- Fake Brit: preferred way of speaking English.
- Fan Fic: FF.NET page is over here. Deviant Art page is over there.
- Priority: Earth?: Commander Shepard, in a fit of Genre Savvy, actually pays attention to the poorly-written Foreshadowing of the third game and stacks the odds in his favour instead of juggling the Idiot Ball with the rest of the cast.
- Dark Space: A man wakes up in 2012 after a lengthy coma to discover that what he remembers doesn't quite match up to what is happening around him. An attempt at character analysis of Commander Shepard through the lens of a modern hospital setting. Possibly. Somewhat inspired by Without Remorse and other Tom Clancy novels.
- General Protection Fault: Taking the Esoteric Happy Ending of Mass Effect 3 and shining a light on it. How well does the Space Whale Aesop intended by the writers for the Synthesis Ending hold up when faced with reality? What makes it different from The Singularity? And where will it lead? (With a side-order of trying to defy all three of the laws of Gender Bending. Primarily inspired by Altered Carbon, but not an actual crossover.
- New addition is a Worm Recursive Fanfiction in the Internship family tree called Emissary, wherein the Taylor Hebert from Deputy lands in the canon timeline.
- Fan Translation: used to participate in a few Marvel comics translation groups as a fontmaker, editor and translator. Currently working on a translation of Menage A 3, the WiP to be found here.
- Fetish Fuel: Hartman Hips, Bi the Way, Wholesome Crossdresser, Lipstick Lesbian, Good Scars, Evil Scars, there's probably more that This Troper cannot readily put into words.
- Gratuitous English: averted. Despite a decent grasp of the language, This Troper tends to avoid using English words in non-English speech as much as possible, something that is marginally rare for his generation.
- Hold the Line: Yes. What?
- Husky Russkie: Averted.
- Insistent Terminology: Screamshots, magick, trailor. Vidyagaems.
- Meddling Parents: Providing Freudian Excuse for almost anything This Troper ever does.
- My Beloved Smother: No comments.
- Mythology Gag: the misuse of a good memory can lead to all his lines being either this or a Shout-Out.
- Older Than They Look: is oftentimes asked for some ID in bars before alcohol serving can commence. When you're living in a country where the legal drinking age is 18 (and isn't enforced too often against people who are Younger Than They Look), it gets pretty irritating pretty quickly.
- Perfectly Cromulent Word: is a fan of the word "redonkulous" as a replacement for "ridiculous". Other notable examples are all in Russian.
- Phantasy Spelling: will always write "music" as "musick", for example. Also: ackshully, somewhy, somewhen, and probably many others which do not readily spring to mind.
- Russian Relaxing: does, indeed, drink vodka on occasions.
- Sdrawkcab Name: speaks for itself.
- Secret Chaser: Has a thing for learning people's secret secrets. Mainly fetishes and dirty facts about their Mysterious Past lives. Usually done under the guise of a wannabe Confidant, see below.
- Self-Deprecation: So much that it's almost a career choice by now.
- Given half a chance, will replace those F and PH spellings with PFH. Pfhor real!
- Named his first dog after a character in the Soviet cartoon "Vacation in Prostokvashino" - a calf that was raised as a puppy called Gavruysha, a diminutive form of Gavrila, the Russian form of Gabriel, which would make the English diminutive Gabe. As such, whenever a game lets him name a pet, said pet will be called Gabe.
- Has made all of his Live Journal avatars be sort of a Lego Crossover Game equivalent for modern-day games as interpreted by Kunio Kun graphics. Examples: System Shock◊, Fallout◊, Metal Gear◊.
- Sleeps with Everyone but You: Has fallen victim to this several times.
- The Southpaw: He's one of those lefties that was retrained into being a righty as a little kid. Hello ambidexterity, goodbye legible handwriting. Also, whoever killed Everyone Is Righthanded is a jerk, because there is now no trope for people like This Troper.
- Stock Foreign Name: his given name is really Ivan.
- Stoic Spectacles: NEW! Mainly because Video Games DO ruin your eyesight.
- The Confidant: Not recognized as such by most friends, but This Troper does have an uncanny ability to inspire belief in being a good one. He is not a good one, but you will only learn that AFTER you somewhy revealed all your secrets to him for 'safekeeping'. Be wary, he's a blabbermouth.
- The Illegible: What you get when you're born left-handed and are forcibly converted to being right-handed. Stupid Soviet education system...
- Verbal Tic: ALLCAP NOUNS!
- Wrong Genre Savvy: It's hard being the Plucky Comic Relief when you're not very plucky and not particularly funny. Still, he tries.
Works pages covered by This Troper:
- Aliens: Infestation: Started from scratch. This Needs More Love, because it is a Troperrific Metroidvania about Aliens. GO GET TO IT!
- Black Man: Started from scratch. The book's worth it. Needs More Love!
- Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights: Given Wiki Magic because it, too, Needs More Love.
- Eric The Unready: Started from scratch. Still Needs More Love to prove its Trope Overdosed nature!
- E.X. Troopers: Best Third-Person Shooter on the Nintendo 3 DS now has its own page rather than a footnote in its parent series.
- The Method: Hyperviolent detective series? How could I not?
- Mimana Iyar Chronicle: Rescued from deletion via troping it up.
- Supa Robo Gakuen: Ever weird Spin-Off games need some love.
1 - Apparently, there isn't an inoffensive form of this trope? The Klutz is someone who is ONLY this, after all.
If you feel like adding tropes YOU think describe This Troper fittingly, add them here, please:
If you feel like defacing this page, please please do it here:
- Позвольте вандализировать на основе того что вы Довольно Крутой Чувак. (Мы не особенно сталкивались но я обожаю ваши посты.) -Litis
- А мне интересны оказались ваши, так что всегда пожалуйста =)
- I couldn't think of anything witty, so I wrote this. - Spirit
- I don't read cyrillic, but it looks like a cool alphabet. - Amused Troper Guy
- Yes, yes it is. We have 33 letters in it, that helps a bit=)
- If you're slow(like Kalaong), yes, his name is "Chameleon" spelled backwards.
- I believe I did list that trope in the above description, or that wasn't me? 0_0 In any case, nice to see you here, Kal =)