Whatever. I just hate empty pages.
This troper provides examples of:
- Adjusting Your Glasses: Type 3. But I'm not planning world domination , it's just the easiest way.note
- The Backwards Я: I really, really hate this. It's an old joke, it's trite, and it always sounds like you're trying to summon Cthulhu to an orgy with his own three parents who are also his siblings. And children.
- Beard of Evil: And I like to stroke it. Seriously, one guy told me I looked like "an evil Nhaz from an alternate universe". I wonder if he's a fellow troper.
- Berserk Button: A berserk keypad, actually.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: Well, not brilliant, but I have my moments when I actually stop being lazy and get things done.
- Dark Is Not Evil: I do like to invoke the image. But I wouldn't hurt a fly. note
- Death Glare: They tell me this is my default expression. When I'm really pissed off, this and Kubrick Stare helps get my point across.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Before I grew a beard, people tended to mistake me for a girl.
- Enraged by Idiocy: And twice as much at my own.
- Fascinating Eyebrow
- Hair-Trigger Temper: I hulk out frequently, over the smallest things.
- I Just Want to Be Special: Why else would I fill in my TV Tropes entry?
- Knight In Sour Armor: I'm trying.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All
- Mad Scientist: Will become one if I'm fortunate.
- Misplaced Nationalism: You are advised not to call the Cyrillic alphabet "Russian" (or claim Russians invented it) within earshot of me unless you have a death wish. Other than that, I'm not into Cultural Posturing.
- My Country Tis of Thee That I Sting: You're free to talk almost any trash about Bulgaria's politics and I won't mind (most of it would be true anyway and if so, I'd even happily join you).
- Percussive Maintenance: Unfortunately, I've had quite a few occasions on which I apply this to some. DEVICE. THAT. JUST. WON'T. WORK!!!
- Percussive Therapy: RAAAAAAARGH! After I break the device, I often need to vent my anger on something that won't be worse off if it breaks.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to almost anyone.
- Self-Deprecation: A mechanism to keep my ego in check. As evident from this page, it doesn't always work.
- Shrinking Violet: When not hulking out, I'm in this state, never taking the initiative and mumbling all to myself for fear of saying or doing something wrong.
- Slasher Smile: When the Death Glare doesn't work, this does.
- Stoic Spectacles: Inverted. I have the glasses and the low ponytail, but I'm nowhere near stoic.
- TV Tropes Ruined Your Life
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Vocabulary: Has already.
- Villainous Cheekbones: Combined with Kubrick Stare and Death Glare.
- Unstoppable Rage: When I hulk out.
Not sure if this is a good idea, but here's a list of tropes for my fanfics (to be updated together with the fics themselves, mainly as a list for myself):
Tropes in TRON: Uprising fan fiction TRON: Revolution:
- After-Action Patch-Up: How Beck gains Paige's trust.
- An Arm and a Leg: During their battle, Tesler has his leg cut off by Paige. He transfers the "deletion" onto her disc, severing her leg instead.
- And This Is for...: Paige before she kills Tesler.
- Asshole Victim: Paige's unusual nonchalant reaction to getting four of Pavel's Mooks killed comes from her knowledge that all of them are handpicked for their ruthlessness.
- Call a Rabbit a "Smeerp"/Hold Your Hipogriffs: I use those rather heavily, replacing normal words with computer terms, especially for slurs (glitch = bitch, malware = lowlife, shareware = whore, etc.)
- Continuation Fic: Since Disney all but cancelled Uprising.
- Defector from Decadence: Paige finally switches sides. Not really a spoiler.
- Flashback Echo: Beck has a glitch as an effect from the time he lost his identity when he stands at the exact place it happened. It gives Paige the final confirmation that it's him behind the mask.
- Reformed, but Rejected: Paige is afraid this will happen to her. She's right.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: CLU allows Paige to see Tesler's memories so she can go on one and dispose of the general. It works.
- The Un Reveal: Paige has figured out Beck's identity before he takes off his mask.
- Ungrateful Bitch: As in the show, Paige is initially furious at the Renegade for taking on Tesler, despite needing the help.
Tropes in Harry Potter fan fiction Sever not the Lily flower, lest you bleed in the mud:
- Faux Symbolism: I may be dropping too much symbolism in this. Just look at the title.
- For Want of a Nail: What If? Snape didn't call Lily a Mudblood?
- Give Geeks a Chance: Lily does.
- Love Redeems: The ultimate idea of the fic is to show how much better Snape's life would have been if he had done an effort to keep Lily in his life.
- My God, What Did I Almost Do: Severus is terrified that he almost called Lily a Mudblood.
Troping my countryTropes about my country, Bulgaria, mostly historical trivia.
I've found out that history is a lot more fun in trope form. However, apparently troping real life too much is against the wiki's rules, and I'm a terrible procrastinator who never finishes things, so I'll just make a list here on my user page and update it whenever I come up with something.
- Balkanize Me: The Second Empire. The Northwestern province, centered around the city of Vidin, had several seceding rulers, some of them foreign princes. Even after its ruler Michael III Shishman took the throne of the main kingdom centered at Tarnovo, his brother Belaur still tried to secede. When Michael's nephew, Ioan Alexander, inherited the throne, he had to out Belaur, only to split the Vidin province again and give it to his son Ioan Sratsimir while his other heir, Ioan Shishman, got the main part. Around that time, a despot named Dobrotitsa also seceded the eastern part of the country.
- Dressing as the Enemy: An infamous example. When escaping Byzantine captivity, Tzar Boris II and his brother Roman had disguisedthemselves as Byzantine guards. The Border Crossing ended badly when Bulgarian guards took the bait and really mistook them for Byzantines, killing Boris before Roman could clarify anything. Roman himself survived, but he had been castrated, so the entire male line of the dynasty died with him.
- Foreign Ruling Class:
- The First Empire started out as a confederation of Bulgars, Slavs and Vlchs, with Bulgar nobility ruling supreme.
- Most, if not all, ruling houses of the Second Empire are speculated to be of Cuman descent, nativized and ruling over an already homogenous population of Bulgarians.
- The Third State, while it was a monarchy, was ruled by Princes and Tzars hailing from the Western European houses of Battenberg and then Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, appointed by the Great Powers.
- The Maiden Name Debate: The Second Empire was infamous for this. Once all male lines of the ruling dynasty of Asen died out, various other rulers started seeking marriage to Asen women (daughters and granddaughters of the last Asen Tzar to have any progeny) so they could attach the Asen name to themselves and legitimize their claim on the throne.
- Succession Crisis:
- The First Empire had one lasting almost a century, with a new Khan every other year.
- The Second Empire had many of those after the main Asen dynasty died out.