Who is this contributor?
Hmm. Interesting question. He's interested in semiotics and theology, is a total history geek, is an obsessive and somewhat pathetic Doctor Who, Avatar The Last Airbender, and BeeTrain Girls-with-Guns fan, has an LJ but prefers to keep his Intarwebz identity fragmented (and thus will never bring this up again), and occasionally breaks down and admits to being just an easily confused young man with a memory that manages to be selective and eidetic at the same time.
The following tropes apply to him.
- The White Prince: subverted. He has the same inability to understand how normal people operate, but it's academic rather than class-based.
- The Stoic: played mostly straight; occasional subversions.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life.
- Yuri Fanboy: he also gets along surprisingly well with real-life lesbians. They talk about what girls they'd do.
- The Chessmaster: rare heroic example, as he's willing to manipulate people into doing things that they'd rather not, but not if it would actually harm them.
- Morality Pet: his Nakama.
- Nakama: Played completely straight.
- The Masochism Tango: every girl he knows.
- Mistaken for Gay: quite frequently.
- Cake Eater: "[real name] likes older women" has reached Memetic Mutation status among his friends.
- Non-Action Guy: although he's fairly handy with a gun.
- Gadgeteer Genius: sometimes.
- Badass Bookworm: only insofar as his capacity for abstract thought leads to much arse-kicking by other people.
- The Smart Guy.
- Emo Teen: subverted. He angsts a lot but remains a fairly optimistic person.
- You Suck: he feels this way about himself quite a lot.
- Born in the Wrong Century: ever since seeing Spice And Wolf, he's wished he was Lawrence. That's just one example.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: yyeaaahh
- Stoic Spectacles.
- Blind Without 'Em: subverted, although he still has to squint at a distance.
- Subbing vs. Dubbing: subbing.
- Theme Naming: every male in his family except for him and a few distant cousins is named Paul or something containing Paul. His mother and her two sisters are all named after musical stars (and, incidentally, Camp Gay icons).
- Geeky Turn-On: all the way.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: he tends to bounce around a lot.
He is now known as Entan due to accidentally deleting his cookies...after forgetting his password.