English teaching assistant, aspiring novelist, jazz trombonist (retired), Christian, unashamed brony (and author of The Successors), lover of Progressive Rock music, and all-around fun guy. Occasionally blogs about various media at The Study of Everything.
Some Tropes That Apply to Yours Truly:
- Absent-Minded Professor: English teacher variant.
- Adjusting Your Glasses: All the time.
- Actual Pacifist
- Apologizes a Lot
- Christianity: Wesleyan
- Forgetful Jones: See Absent-Minded Professor
- Geek Physique: Of the scrawny, stick-figure variety.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Phooey! And double phooey!
- Large Ham: Back when I was into acting.
- Messy Hair
- Mr. Imagination
- No Sense of Direction
- Nostalgia Filter: Wears it often.
- Ridiculous Procrastinator
- The Quiet One: When in unfamiliar surroundings, I dont speak up much.
Anime and Manga
- Cowboy Bebop
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Revolutionary Girl Utena
- Haibane Renmei
- Samurai Champloo
- Fruits Basket
- Many Studio Ghibli films, but especially Princess Mononoke
- Tolkien's Legendarium
- The Brothers Karamazov
- The Wind in the Willows
- All the King's Men
- Till We Have Faces
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Bridge of Birds
Live Action TV
- The Prisoner
- Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Yes, Minister
- Doctor Who
- Edge of Darkness
- Over the Garden Wall
- Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra
- The DCAU, especially Batman Beyond
- Gravity Falls
- Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
- Kim Possible
Vandalize here, if you please.