Una persona muy extraña a quien le gusta estudiar los mamíferos poco conocidos (como el pangolín escamoso o el carpincho tan lindo). Usualmente estoy en los foros, pero de vez en cuando hago contribuciones.
Ella también tiene una cuenta alternativa bajo el nombre de Globster A Go Go.
Todos los tropes que han añadido otros usuarios hoy están en mi Troper Wall, que se puede encontrar aquí.
- A Darker Me: Averted. I might be a bit more saccharine online, if anything.
- Apologizes a Lot: Too much, sometimes.
- The B Grade: My worst nightmare.
- Berserk Button: Averted. There are some things that irk me, but I hardly ever feel comfortable getting on someone else's case about them. note
- Bile Fascination: I have a soft spot for unintentional hilarity in bad-quality works.
- Buffy Speak: Combined with Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness, Shaped Like Itself and occasional Intentional Engrish for Funny.
- The Ditz: Goes with the above. I'm very forgetful and not always the best when it comes to common sense.
- Emoticon: Boy howdy do I abuse them. :o I find them helpful because I get paranoid about whether or not my writing clearly reflects my intended tone sometimes.
- Fandumb: Comes with being a Fangirl. I try to reign in those tendencies, though whether or not I'm successful is up to you.
- Of the subtypes, I mostly show traits of the Monomaniac, Theocrat and Willfully Blind.
- Fangirl: Though I try not to be an obnoxious one.
- Friend to Bugs: I'm a fan of all arthropods really, save for fleas, ticks, mosquitoes and roaches.
- Glurge Addict: I generally enjoy sappy narratives about heartfelt tragedy and troubled family/friend relationships. This is reflected in my taste in fanfiction as well as in some of my RPing habits.
- Go-Getter Girl: If I'm not on my A-game in the academics department, I don't feel right at all.
- The Illegible: Both my print and my cursive handwriting are completely godawful.
- Kitsch Collection: I've got a shelf dedicated to knick-knacks.
- The Klutz
- Leprechaun: Might or might not be one. If so, I'd be a rare female example.
- Nerd: Though who here isn't?
- Nerds Love Tough Schoolwork: Specifically essays.
- No Sense of Direction: I get lost very, very easily.
- Not Good with People: I really need to quit saying hello to squirrels and birds in public. See Shrinking Violet below, though.
- One of the Kids: Comes with being the eldest sibling in a large family.
- The Quiet One: I tend to be fairly reserved, though I am pretty talkative sometimes.
- Shrinking Violet: Getting better about it, though.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: I kind of go back and forth between the two. My fixation with creepy crawlies and robots is tempered by my fondness for pretty clothes and accessories. Between me and my sister, though, I am definitely the Tomboy.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Online example. Many people initially mistake me for a dude. Averted IRL, however.
Favorite Media (Under construction):
- Apocalypse Now
- Bonnie and Clyde
- Casa De Mi Padre
- Das Boot
- Dumb and Dumber
- The Birds
- Forrest Gump
- Full Metal Jacket
- The Kentucky Fried Movie
- Mary Poppins
- The Matrix
- Mystery Train
- Nacho Libre
- Napoleon Dynamite
- The film adaptation of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- Lost in Translation
- Pan's Labyrinth
- The Secret of NIMH
- The Naked Gun trilogy note
- Schindler's List
- Silence of the Lambs
- Thirteen Days
- Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
- The Zatoichi serials and other samurai films
- Anything by the Coen Brothers
- All of the classic Disney movies
- All of the Monty Python movies
- Anything by Pixar
- Anything by Quentin Tarantino
- Anything by Wes Anderson
- Anything by Werner Herzog
- Several documentaries that might or might not have pages here
- Amy Winehouse
- Barenaked Ladies
- The Beastie Boys
- The Beatles
- Blues Traveler
- David Bowie
- The Doors
- Imogen Heap
- Jack Johnson
- Johnny Cash
- Modest Mouse
- King Crimson
- Pink Floyd
- The Police
- The Protomen note
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- The Shins
- Simon & Garfunkel
- They Might Be Giants
- Tiny Tim
- The Toadies
- Classical music
- Film/TV/videogame soundtracks
- Old hymns
Really cool animals that more people should know about:
(Also under construction)
- The aforementioned capybara, the largest living rodent. Similar to a semi-aquatic guinea pig.
- The chevrotain, the world's smallest ungulate species.
- The degu, a caviomorph rodent that makes an affectionate pet and shows signs of having ape-like/corvid-like intelligence.
- The dik-dik, cute lil' antelopes with a name that makes grade-schoolers chuckle.
- The pangolin, an anteater-lookin' thing with a thick armor of plate-like scales made of keratin.
- Members of the family tenrecidae, a diverse family whose members come in many interesting shapes, sizes and colors and tend to look and behave like critters that they're not related to.
- The star-nosed mole, which looks like it has a face-full of tentacles.
- The marsupial mole, which looks like a Tribble with a big, pink nose.
- The numbat, an adorable little thing which sports a long, anteater-like tongue thanks to the wonders of convergent evolution.
- The quokka, once called the happiest animal in the world. It has no fear of humans and is cute as a button.
- The tree-kangaroo, like normal kangaroos, but with trees! They also have really pretty patterns on their fur.
- The Bulldog Rat, a dopey dodo of a mammal that lived on Christmas Island and was inadvertently killed off by human sailors who brought foreign diseases with them.
- The Caspian tiger, an extinct tiger with a Badass Beard.
- The glyptodon, an extinct armadillo relative the size of a Volkswagen Beetle. It might have looked like a cross between a turtle and a squirrel with a short trunk like that of a tapir.
- Megatherium, the giant ground sloth. Was most likely an herbivore, but could possibly have been a predator or scavenger of the aforementioned glyptodonts.
- Paraceratherium, which looked like giraffe-shaped hornless rhinos.
- The thylacine, better known as the Tasmanian Tiger. God rest their stripy souls.
- The Mexican mole lizard (or ajolote). It's tiny, it's shaped like a worm, it's bright pink, it's only got two legs and it has beady little black eyes. What's not to love?
- Uromastyx, a genus of lizards more famously known as spiny tailed lizards. They live in the deserts of North Africa and use their spiked tails to fend off predators.
- The cassowary, a shy flightless bird with a beautiful crest and a kick that can kill an adult human.
- The Northern White-faced owl, an African owl that is also known as the Transformer owl due to a popular viral video of its unique bluffing strategy.
- The potoo, a near-passerine bird native to Middle and South America, renowned for its excellent camouflage abilities as well as herping its derp.
- The Zebra Finch, an important model organism, a very good pet, and has recently been found to be possibly capable of parthenogenesis (or virgin birth), though the offspring have not been observed to make it that far.
- Amblypygids, relatives of spiders and scorpions who look hells menacing but are only capable of giving a painful pinch when threatened.
- Camel-spiders, which aren't actually spiders and don't actually kill camels but are still pretty freaky.
- Members of the order Isopoda, which includes your common cute little garden pillbugs as well as these oversized ocean floor creepy-crawlies.
- Mantis shrimp, who have some of the best eyesight in the animal kingdom and are able to snap their claws shut with such quickness and force that they make incredibly powerful mini-explosions, used to kill or stun their prey.
- Tardigrades (or water bears), which look like cute, silly little microscopic caterpillars but are actually nigh-indestructible badasses.
- Velvet worms, who despite their moniker are not related to annelids and are notable for their oddly-mammalian social structure and their ability to catch prey Spider-Man style.
Picture dumping ground
|We all need more of this in our lives. I mean, where else are you gonna put that remote?|
|Osama Bin Cortex salutes you.|
|Sleep soundly, my lovely angels~|
|Let's make that Happy Meal even happier... >:3|
|NERV wants you.|
|This was a real animal, apparently.|
|This is completely awesome.note|
|Blastoise x Majora OTP|
|Blastoise x Cloud OTP. Somehow they coexist. Don't ask why.|
|Blastoise x Aven x Dante OT3 note|
|Forum RP-related drawing. Hopefully I can get better with practice.|
Now we're feeling kinda hungry.
We got the mega munchies.
Got to make our pizza as big as some countries.
How much pizza do you think we can chow?
More than our parents would ever allow.
We're gonna make a master-piece a pizza.
A work of art like the Mona Lisa.
It's gonna be high like the Tower of Pisa.
But to get there...You don't need a visa.
Pizza, P-I-Z-Z-A. Gimme pizza.
Uh, did I happen to say, I want pizza.
P-I-Z-Z-A. I want pizza.
Hey, are you ready to play?
Now set down the pizza and bring me some chicken.
Throw it on top and make it finger lickin'
Guacomole. Meatballs, whip cream pouring like waterfalls.
Here's a little salsa to make it hot.
Here's a lot of ice cream to hit the spot.
Toss the fish, let it fly, fly, fly, pizza pie.
Pizza, P-I-Z-Z-A. Gimme pizza.
Watch it rise like a soufflé.
Gimme pizza. P-I-Z-Z-A.
I want pizza. You think we should stop?
Get your motors ready cause here we go.
Chocolate sauce, spreading it slow.
Oreos, marshmallows, caramel, coconut cream, egg foo young, chicken tongue.
Hold the eyeballs. I'm gonna scream.
Now don't forget the rice or the mashed potatoes.
And what about these fried green tomatoes?
Batter's up, catcher's ready.
Pasta...Put it in the pizza.
Fist sticks...Put it in the pizza.
Ketchup...Put it in the pizza.
Meatloaf...awww Put it in the pizza.
Pizza, P-I-Z-Z-A. Gimme pizza.
Add some tacos, Ole!
I want pizza. P-I-Z-Z-A.
I want pizza. Call us the queens of gourmet.
I want pizza. P-I-Z-Z-A. Gimme pizza.
How much does it weigh? I want pizza.
P-I-Z-Z-A. I want pizza.
Is it finally done?
Here it is, ready to serve. This pizza is made...Yeah!