Avid gamer and tech dweeb extraordinaire. TV Tropes didn't ruin my life because I didn't have one to begin with.
Tropes that apply to this troper:
- Berserk Button: Other than blatant repetitive spelling and/or grammatical errors (see Grammar Nazi below), I have a certain very close friend. If I catch you saying anything bad about her, you. Are. DEAD.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: Despite being a high-octane Cloud Cuckoolander, I'm in the top 3% of my graduating class. Even I don't know how I did it.
- Catch Phrase: Two, specifically:
- Cloud Cuckoolander:
HalfMost of the time you will have no idea what the hell I'm talking about and/or wonder who let me out of the lunatic asylum. Do Not Adjust Your Set. This is normal.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Grammar Nazi: I don't mind minor and/or obscure infractions, but the more blatant ones are such a pet peeve of mine that my estimate of your IQ drops one point for every basic error I see. And do not let me catch you misusing "your" and "you're", "their", "there", and/or "they're", or "its" and "it's". (Believe me, if you had to endure several agonizing years peer-reviewing college students' essays, with
manymost coming off as if they were written by a ten-year-old, you'd be like this, too.)
- Humans Are Morons: To me, it applies to roughly 90% of them today, in no small part thanks to my preference of the cynicism side of the Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism.
- No Indoor Voice: Even when I try, I can never quite talk quietly.
- Sarcasm Mode: Employed frequently.
- Self-Deprecation: Despite how the rest of this article may come off, I'm my own toughest critic.
- Shrinking Violet: To people I don't know well or who I don't trust (read: more than you'd think).
- Take That Me: I'm a firm believer in "Who can you laugh at if not yourself?"
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Self-deprecating snarking aside, you know it's getting pretty damn bad when you start inventing tropes pertaining to your own life.
More to come as they develop. Now back to what I was doing before I was doing what I was because I know people there.