Meikyu Butterfly, better known as Nenilein or just Neni elsewhere, is a japanophile Otaku Surrogate with a degree in Japanese Studies.
An avid fan of Japanese animation and Video Games ever since her childhood, the Austrian, adult Trooper has a degree in Japanese Studies and speaks a solid amount of Japanese, alongside her fluent English and native tongue, German. Her great aspiration is to be a professional Translator and Author (specifically a Scenario Writer) for her three languages.
This troper provides examples of:
- Ambiguously Brown: Due to mixed ancestry, this troper looks nothing like her fellow Austrians and guessing her heritage almost never results in getting it right.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: 3 of them.
- Asperger Syndrome: Diagnosed at the age of 16.
- Attention Deficit Creator Disorder: As anyone reading "A Complete Turnabout" can attest to. Can't even start to count all her abandoned and/or hiatus'd Projects.
- Cosplay: Done costumes include Haruhi, Toon Link, Saria, Hatsune Miku, Shiny Guardevoir, Human Shana and Dahlia, Trucy and Maya.
- Ditzy Genius: According to about 2/3 of the people who meet her.
- Fan-Art: Proud owner of a Deviant Art account. Neither especially good nor especially bad.
- Fan Fic: Writes a lot. Her works are scattered all over the internet and vary wildly in quality, depending on when they were written.
- Fangirl: Capable of squeeing on epic levels. Still, tries to stay the Only Sane Woman in Flame Wars. She often fails once the debate gets too heated.
- Girlish Pigtails: Signature Hairstyle.
- Gratuitous English: Tends to use English words (and Wiki Words) even while talking in German, much to the confusion of people around her.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Has a tendency to use Japanese sentences now and then. Justified in that she is actually taking Japanese classes and has no other means of training her language-skills. Played more straight, embarrassingly, in some of her older Fanfictions and, especially, on her Fanart.
- Motor Mouth: Coupled with No Indoor Voice and Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness causes this troper to become the Critical Annoyance Factor of her environment and often causes Real Life cases of Stop Helping Me!.
- No Indoor Voice: Has been accused of this by her friends and families several times.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: Guess this troper's favorite color and the color of half of her wardrobe
- Otaku Surrogate / Gamer Chick
- Tsundere: Type A towards her family, Type B towards pretty much anybody else.
- This Loser Is You: The universe just loves labeling anvils with this girl's name.
- TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life: Or rather - Having any other interest, especially involving the internet, beside the things you are supposed to do for your future will ruin your life.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Thiss trooper feils eppically at spelinng.
- Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: The reason why many people hate listening to her. Less noticeable in English, because of the shorter range of her vocabulary.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: With her boyfriend, Aliucon. The Amethyst Pendant that she always wears was a present from him.
- Wanton Cruelty to the Common Comma: "I am Austrian!" would be a convenient excuse for this one, wouldn't she make the exact opposite mistakes in German.