A page about Lady Norbert, or whatever she's calling herself today. Apologies for the length of the page, but the folders will keep it from being a Wall of Text. (She talks too much.)
She's kind of addicted to tropes, in case you couldn't tell from all the blue links. Sometimes she wears an Eyepatch of Power on account of being half-blind, but she has one good eye and she can still fire a gun. Also, due to a childhood car accident, she is partially constructed out of automail. No, we are not making this up.
As you may have guessed, she did indeed name herself after the dragon from Harry Potter. However, she would also like to go on record as stating that she chose the name before Norbert was revealed to be female. In fact, she's been using the name as her internet handle since 2000.
To the internet community, though, she's still better known as Lady Norbert, author of a whole lot of fanfic. As of summer 2017, she's written well over a million words of the stuff - probably more when you realize that some of her earliest fics were taken off of Fanfiction Dot Net owing to space restrictions. note Currently, she is cluttering up both that site and Archive of Our Own with more than thirty stories; links to her profiles, for the curious, are farther down the page.
She likes to talk about her fics perhaps a bit too much, which is why several of them have pages on this site (well, that and her troping addiction), but she doesn't mean to be self-indulgent - she just has entirely too much fun. She begs the reader not to give her too much credit, however, because she is the living embodiment of both I Just Write the Thing and Writing by the Seat of Your Pants. Her fics which can be found here are:
- The Private Diary of Elizabeth Quatermain (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
- Til The Sun Grows Cold and the Stars Grow Old (The Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess)
- Shadow And Rose (Dragon Age: Origins)
- Elemental Chess Trilogy (Fullmetal Alchemist)
- The Bank Called, Your Reality Check Bounced (a Fullmetal Alchemist and Ouran High School Host Club crossover)
- The Contractually Obligated Chaos series (the Beetlejuice cartoon) - notable for being the first page about one of her stories that was made by someone else (thanks, Bookworm Gal!)
- The Twice Upon An Age series (Dragon Age: Inquisition)
- The Skyhold Academy Yearbook series (coauthored with one of her closest friends, also based on Dragon Age: Inquisition... sort of)
- Fan Fiction dot Net
- Archive of Our Own
- deviantART, although she's rarely active there
- The Zeldapedia, The Elder Scrolls Wiki, The Fullmetal Alchemist Wiki, and other Wikia.com pages
- The Fullmetal Alchemist Forums
- Tumblr, which she joined only to discover she had an Instant Fan Club
- The Knights of Fandom, where she hangs out with several members of said Instant Fan Club to fight cyberbullying and squee about things
- Sunny Stories, the internet's only home for a very specific rare pair OTP from Dragon Age; she is the captain of this ship, and will be promoted to admiral once she gets a big enough hat
- Indie Game Magazine (under her real name), where she formerly reviewed video games and wrote articles about the gaming industry
- In recent years, a Powerpoint she created about the Dark Parables series caught the attention of the games' then-developer, Eipix, who sought her permission to use it as actual social media marketing, thereby pretty much making her entire week; they interact with her regularly on Facebook and Twitter, and have further boosted her ego with the honorary title of "North American Vice-President of Fairytale Detection"
- MarkerQuest is a quest of her own making in which she hunts up assorted facts about Pennsylvania history and shares them with the interwebs
"I am the Adoptive Mother of the Internet. I couldn't have my own children, so I took everyone else's on a loaner basis. I can't help you pay for college, but if you need someone to remind you that you are loved and valued, I'll be there."