Well, this is embarrassing. But whatever. As you already know, I'm KingBowser9001, but feel free to just call me John. I'm a Toronto, Ontario-based good Christian boy, sunglasses-wearer extraordinaire, and professional memelord. I've been reading TV Tropes for years, but I only just made an account in mid-2016. I'm also a big gamer and aspiring Electronic Music artist.
On the site, you'll probably see me around Playing With Wiki, creating Playing With articles for tropes without them. Otherwise, I'll probably hang around the Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness, adding some of my favorite songs to the list if they're not there already. I started at levels 10 and 11, so yes, I am indeed out of my damn mind.
I lurk Newgrounds quite frequently, particularly the audio portal, although I never actually post anything. Currently in the process of figuring out FL Studio.
Became known as Jimmy after a Freudian Slip in 7th grade, and it still sticks to this date.
As of September 14, 2017, I may have accidentally gotten my English teacher addicted to TV Tropes.
A few tropes that apply to me include: (yes, I'm troping myself because why the hell not)
- Angrish: A staple of my rage.
- Asperger Syndrome: Immensely downplayed. I show barely any signs of the condition, but it still pops up in minor doses from time to time.
- Berserk Button:
- Most memes, particularly those used without any real context whatsoever.
- Go ahead. I dare you. Defend any aspect of Paper Mario: Sticker Star besides the graphics or soundtrack. You'll be perfectly fine, don't worry.
- On a similar note, when people don't give Paper Mario: Color Splash a fair chance, despite it being infinitely better than Sticker Star.
- Almost all of my friends' crappy puns.
- On a more serious note, the use of medical terms like "autism" as insults, especially as someone stuck with Asperger's syndrome. Don't expect an explosion, though. I tend to make fun of the use of these terms in such ways instead.
- Canada, Eh?: Yeah, I'm Canadian. Hide your children. Although I prefer to use American spelling because why the hell not.
- Crosses the Line Twice: I'm not really one to make a tasteless joke just because I can, but I do still enjoy this type of humor.
- Deadpan Snarker: You have no idea. If it exists and it annoys me, I will make fun of it.
- Fake Brit: Played for Laughs. My impression of a British accent is typically considered terrible by my friends. I still use it a lot for the sake of pissing people off, though.
- Gosh Dang It to Heck!: Downplayed. I am indeed a Sir Swears-a-Lot, but I generally resort to milder cursing unless absolutely enraged.
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks!: Applies to both music and other works.
- Music-wise, I will never be mainstream. Every hit song today sounds the same: A generic trap song. They take little to no effort to make anymore, and I'm sick of hearing them clog up every radio station.
- Otherwise, if a work doesn't do much to distance itself from its predecessor, I'm just going to assume that I'm watching the exact same work with minor changes.
- In-Joke: The previously-described Jimmy joke. None of my friends remember exactly how it started, not even me. It's expanded to the point where my entire history class is in on the joke, even the teachers. Later mutated into Jimmy the Greek, because, well, I'm Greek. As of now, it's reached full-on Memetic Badass status.
- Large Ham: While usually a Deadpan Snarker, I can easily reach Creator/BRIANBLESSED levels of ham depending on my mood.
- Lethal Chef: Simply put, I can't cook. I just can't. Although I haven't burned my house down yet, that's a good sign.
- Memetic Badass: Ironically, I view myself as somewhat of a Memetic Loser. But in the eyes of my best friends, it is a known fact that Jimmy the Greek caused the Big Bang that created the entire universe.
- Pet-Peeve Trope: Too damn many to count. Here are a few.
- Bowdlerize: When your needless censorship get to the point where a work becomes completely unrecognizable, that's a sign you've gone too far.
- Excuse Plot: If there isn't an intriguing plot to keep me interested, I'll probably stop following the work.
- Flat Character: If I don't get to know a character, they're probably gonna hit the Eight Deadly Words faster than you can say them out loud.
- For the Evulz: If you can't come up with a motivation of any kind for your villain, then what's the point of creating the character in the first place?
- Jump Scare: The absolute cheapest form of horror. In the same vein, Nothing Is Scarier when used to build up to a jump scare.
- Self-Deprecation: I bill myself as a professional idiot. No, seriously.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: Yes, but as previously stated, my language usually only gets as strong as "damn" or "hell".
- The Snark Knight: Even I'm not immune to my relentless onslaught of snark.
- Straw Nihilist: Parodied. I frequently go on long, comical rants about how much the world sucks, citing the most minor, insignificant possible reasons for thinking this way.
- Younger Than They Look: I'm in my mid-teens, but all my friends tell me I could pass for 18.
- Why the hell are you reading this, anyway?