Kari Gray is, first and foremost, a shipper. She mostly loves ships with lots of subtext because "I happen to have an unfortunate masochistic gene...and, okay, I love to gloat my brains out when my One True Pairing becomes Canon". Although she likes subtle romances, she doesn't go for anything that's non-canon. Fellow shippers describe her as "the right kind of crazy".
She is a self-declared pacifist who has a tendency to speak very loudly ("I am using my indoors voice!!!") and an intolerance for injustice. She has a Sweet Tooth and loves good food; this usually results in her dieting once a month every year. Kids tend to fight over her attention and dogs like to follow her around a lot. Shes not quite sure why.
She is currently struggling between her love of Human Biology and her obsession with writing/books/anime/manga. She describes it as "having to pick between crispy peking duck and cookie-dough ice cream". She occasionally works as a Teacher's Assistant and claims to maintain her sanity after teaching a hyper class of 12 year olds for 5 hours. It remains to be seen if said claim is true.
She spends most of her time in the Fullmetal Alchemist fandom. She is a steadfast RoyAi (Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye) shipper who was witnessed to laugh hysterically and randomly shriek 'CANON!!!' for half an hour when the two were confirmed to be an Official Couple in an interview. Kari Gray is reported to neither deny nor regret this display of insanity.
She is well-known to fellow RoyAi shippers as My-name-is-foxglove on ff.net and as mayura_4_loki on livejournal. Her source of well-known-ness is her 100 Royai themes fanfic Black and Blond, which has received over 300 reviews and over 100 followers/favorites. Yes, she does count.
Kari Gray tends to randomly appear and disappear from the net. People who don't know her think she's got more important stuff to do. She does, but that doesn't mean she's doing them.
Tropes that apply to her:
- Berserk Button:
- Big Eater
- Blind Without 'Em: Without glasses, this Troper has been noted to be unable to recognize family members outside a three meter radius.
- Bookworm: Even the Troper herself doesnt know how many books shes read.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: As noted below.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: The only reason her repeated absences and lack of homework were tolerated in school was because her grades brought up the school's gcse average.
- But I Digress:
Play to win. Pretend you lost on purpose.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Much to the chagrin of anyone who gets roped into helping.
- Drama Queen: Troper has shades of this.
Kari Gray reviewing a fictionpress story: * WHY DIDN'T I CHECK TO SEE IF THIS WAS COMPLETE? N Oes. NOES T_T My little voice of reason was TELLING me to check, but I just kept clicking chapter after chapter, I was too addicting to check and NOW I'M PAYING THE PRICE. ...Sorry, it's a very late hour and I'm kinda high on peanut butter and nutella sandwiches. And, well, I'm slightly dramatic. Or maybe crazy. IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO WHEN YOU'VE JUST EATEN PEANUT BUTTER AND NUTELLA SANDWICHES?
- Hates Being Touched: She has personal space boundaries.
- Innocently Insensitive
- Insists on Paying
- Large Ham:
Acquaintance: Dont you think you could...tone yourself down a bit?Kari Gray: *grinning* Whered the fun be if I did?
- Mama Bear
- Motor Mouth: Lampshaded by others a lot.
- Obsessed with Food
- The Stoic: Only in front of people she doesn't like.
- Unusual Euphemism: Her sweet tooth's vocabulary includes swear words of cavities. Why? Cuz its funner that way.