This page is no longer being updated and only remains in the interests of posterity
I don't trope as much as spectate on the troping. And I contribute a little. I guess you could call me a troper, but I wouldn't consider myself one.
- The Useful Notes page in Left 4 Dead was my idea!
- I have a deviantArt page, but I mostly just do Alignment Charts
- I entered the first Headscratcher for Brink
I buy most of my films based on their pages on TV Tropes
Socialism is my enemy
Just got Brink, starting to love it
- As far as I'm concerned, Security are the good guys
- Guests bitch about how they're treated unfairly, but we saved their lives. They should be grateful for every little thing.
- I don't feel like Command Posts are worth the effort that's needed to keep them.
- That said, sometimes I like to capture one that's unguarded just to distract the opposition and keep them unfocused.
- I much prefer attacking to defending, probably 'cause it's harder
- I also prefer losing to curbstomping. My favourite outcome is a very tight win
- When you're playing with randomly matched partners, other Survivors can be obstacles as much as assistance. Forgive me if I'm a little 'out for myself' when we first meet.
- It's not a coincidence that there are four kits in a safe-room and four survivors in a team. If you take two kits and I don't get one as a result, I have no problem with taking one from your corpse.
- And don't be like "Oh, I'm sorry. I'll heal you [now / when you ask me]". It's not even close to the same thing
- There really ought to be a "give kit" key like with Pills (maybe double-tap LT) but there isn't.
- I don't care if I'll respawn with more health, I don't want you to kill me (it's happened before)
- And now I really want to find that guy and kill him (in-game). I should've written his name down...
I love these games. You might not.
- Assassin's Creed - Sure, the series is flawed, but the first one was an innovation in many ways (I feel that Batman Arkham Asylum owes it a little for the combat system) and the second one totally blew my mind at the climax of Ezio's story. Brotherhood can go jump off of a tower without a haystack for all I care
- Batman Arkham Asylum - The Boss Battles were lacking, but short of that it was marvelous
- Bioshock - Sure, it dragged on a little near the end, but short of that it was beautiful. The sequel had some shitty GFWL lock that wouldn't open for me after I paid for it, so it gets a 0 out of 10 in my books
- Brink - I don't understand why it got trashed so much by reviewers. It gets old quickly, however
- Fallout New Vegas - Totally superior to the so-called Fallout 3. I've tried to play Fallout 2 but I can't adapt to the old game-system so this combination of Bethesda's system and Obsidian/Black-Isles beautiful wasteland sandbox is perfect for me
- My problem with Fallout 3 is the linearity of it, by the way. I find the Brotherhood to be arrogant jerks and Dad to be way more focused on Socialism than Fatherhood, so I totally resent being lumped with the Brotherhood on my quest to save my father and his life's work (which I don't give a fuck about, by the way. I would've just walked out of Project Purity the second I heard from Doctor Li). Plus the game had like eight quests in it, which is just poor.
- Left 4 Dead (not Left 4 Dead 2) - I've nothing against the sequel, I just prefer the simpler original. I feel the extra Special Infected are unnecessary, especially since you need to be able to carry yourself at least a little online, in case your team-mates are useless or detrimental to the cause
- Mass Effect - The whole series. It's just a beautiful Space Opera and Bioware's best work in my books (given Baldur's Gate and Jade Empire are before my time). I played KOTOR but I felt it was far too Black and White Morality. Dragon Age looks great but I'm no good at it, I can never get past Redcliffe
- Portal - Short but Sweet
The following are great films. If you don't like them, you're missing something
- Back To The Future
- The Blood and Ice-Cream Trilogy - Deco-Recos of various genres
- The Dark Knight Saga
- Dirty Harry - just the first one. Serious Sequelitis here.
- The Emperors New Groove - probably just Nostalgia Filter here
- Fight Club
- The Frighteners
- In Bruges - *The* example of Trailers Always Lie in my books. It was marketed as a fucking comedy
- The Incredibles
- Kick Ass - The first Chloe Moretz film I saw. Everything she touches turns to gold, I swear
- Kung Fu Panda
- Lawn Dogs
- Leon - Natalie Portman was sexier as a child (yeah, I said it). Not really feeling that collar, though
- Which isn't to say I only like it for the sexy bits. It's a great story with some hard-core Fanservice thrown in
- Let Me In (there isn't a page solely for the remake, which is a shame}
- Lola Rennt
- Lord Of War
- Pulp Fiction
- Reservoir Dogs
- Serenity - The Firefly Movie
- The Silence Of The Lambs
- Sin City
- The Thing
- The Usual Suspects
- Five Hundred Days Of Summer - Not my usually fare, but I really liked it
- 8 Mile
I can't read literature and I struggle with Comics. It takes so much focus for me that it ceases to be entertainment