I've loved television and movies for a long time, and am working on getting into the field by writing, directing, or really anything I can make a decent living at. Going to college right now.
I enjoy entertainment that is tightly executed. The type where it seems like every scene, every action, every character and every line has a point to it. I don't mind downer endings so long as it isn't nihilistic.
I also have an account on TV.com here.
My fanfiction.net account is here.
Tropes I Started:
- Big Damn Gunship
- Distinctive Appearances
- For Halloween, I Am Going as Myself
- Fridge Brilliance
- I Pulled a "Weird Al"
- It Has Been an Honor
- It's What I Do
- Meta Casting
- Moment Killer
- Right Hand Versus Left Hand
- Try and Follow
- "World of Cardboard" Speech
- Writer's Toolbox
Media Pages I Started:
- Titus- I love the philosophy, 'If you can laugh at your problems with others, you can deal with them and go on with your life.'
- The Karate Kid
- Transformers Film Series
- The Book Of Mormon
Shows I like:
- Cowboy Bebop (One of the most tightly wound themes I've seen depicted and this isn't even arc based.)
- Dragonball Z
- Yu Yu Hakusho
- Mobile Suit Gundam (and all its variations)
- Batman- The Animated series through Justice League (The Batman is alright, but this version is the definitive one for me)
- Avatar The Last Airbender- Every episode I watch, I get a goofy grin and the thought, "Here are masters of their craft at work."
- Mighty Max- Oh I wish they'd come out with DVD's.
- Transformers, including Beast Wars.
- Star Trek- I watch the episode "Best of Both Worlds" when it first aired and it terrified me. I was hooked ever since.
- Kyle XY
- Burn Notice
- Studio Ghibli is constantly impressive. Spirited Away is my favorite, just enchanting.
- Star Wars- Like most of the free world.
- The Last Samurai- Besides the Historical Inaccuracy, it is a loving portrait of the Japanese culture and builds an excellent story.