Page under construction.
A hummingbird hawkmoth is an adorable insect that makes me very happy every time I see one.
Absurd Phobia: Fortunately I grew out of this.
- Elk: I saw nature documentary about them and had nightmares for months.
Cloudcuckoolander: I get to same place as everyone else eventually. I just take the scenic route.
Fantasy Kitchen Sink: My usual writing schtick.
Non Sequitur: A specialty.
Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: Zigzigged: I love dictionaries and am a little prone to this. However, as my stress level goes up, my vocabulary goes down.
The Series consists of six books, split into two trilogies.
- Pure Dead Magic
- Pure Dead Wicked
- Pure Dead Brilliant
- Deep Trouble (Pure Dead Trouble)
- Deep Water (Pure Dead Batty)
- Deep Fear (Pure Dead Frozen)
Tropes in the Pure Dead Series
- A Boy, a Girl, and a Baby Family: Titus, Pandora, and Damp. At least until baby Nieve comes along
- Aerith and Bob: Titus, Pandora, and Lucifer alongside Marie, Flora, and Amelia.
- Big Fancy Castle: StregaSchloss. It has fifty-six chimneys. And a moat.
- Big Eater: Most of the characters fall under this.
- Chekov's Gun: The large crystal from the chandelier [[spoilers:which turns out to be the Chronostone, a magical artifact of immense power.]]
- Creepy Family: The Strega-Borgias live in a castle, keep vicious mythical creatures as pets, and have links to organised crime.
- Cryonics Failure: Strega Nonna is accidentally thawed several times.
- Discrete Dinner Disposal: Marie Bains cooking tends to be fed to the beasts or vanished with magic.
- Eating the Enemy: The Beasts are prone to this.
- Eat the Evidence: The Beasts again.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: Creatures from Scottish, Classical, and Asian legends, a magical library, cyberspace, cloning, witches, demons, Death, time travel, and Stan himself.
- The Mafia: Recurring antagonists and the source of the Strega-Borgias fortune.
- Magical Library: The Library: it's run by a centaur and loans out magical objects.
- MayDecember Romance:
- Latch and Mrs McLachlan.
- Zigzagged with Ffup and the Sleeper. It comes across as this, and there is a large age gap, but both are hundreds of years old.
- Odd Name Out: The Strega-Borgia family are: Baci, Luciano, Titus, Pandora, and Damp.
- Satan: Stan, the Big Bad of the second trilogy.
- Toilet Humour: Used frequently, especially in scenes involving the beasts.