goodtimesfreegrog (all lowercaps, thank you very much) never knows what to type in these things, but that's never stopped him before.
The subject is a 22-year-old IT student (found at the University of Tampere to be exact) hailing from Finland, sporting an average fashion sense and modestly neat facial hair. He's also short and pudgy (as you could tell from the extremely accurate portrait to the left), and has been repeatedly described as an adorable teddybear of a man. His actual stance on all of this is modestly conflicted.
His interests are generally limited to videoelectronic entertainment (as the size of his Steam library and collection of old consoles and games he's barely even played will attest), and he loves to navel-gaze and debate about game design in general, hoping to work in the industry eventually, even if it's just building computers for the really smart guys. He also likes to draw cutesy stuff from time to time (his Deviant Art account can be found here), and occasionally entertains the notion of developing his characters more fully and actually writing some sort of fiction starring them. But all those video games aren't going to not-play themselves, are they?
The subject is also noted for having excellent taste in music, and is occasionally known as the Insurance Man For The Funk. Ask him nicely, and he may share his playlists with you, assuming you have a liking to classic seventies funk and soul. Despite being the resident grumpy curmudgeon of the fora, the subject keeps his PM inbox open at all times, so don't be afraid to drop a mail and say hi.
If the subject's name is familiar to you at all, that's because it probably is. The subject goes by the same handle on other websites, and is a former member of the VidyaVidya livestream collective. He's still hoping to get back on track with talking over video games, via Let's Play. His videos so far can be watched here, and any feedback is welcome! He's also writing a liveblog about his ongoing attempts to wade through the entirety of his game collection, and beat every unfinished game he has. This liveblog can be found here.
The subject is also a recurring participant in the ongoing Grumpy Tropers project.
Tropes attributed to the subject include:
- Adorkable (yup, me again Little Miss Space Monkey)
- Audio Erotica (according to Little Miss Space Monkey)
- Berserk Button:
Apparently, Homestuck related threads in Yack Fest. -AltimeterHomestuck in general, really.
- Keet - HA HA HA No.
- Search your feelings, you know it to be true. —Irony Adams
- Large Ham: Has his moments every once in a while.
- Norse by Norsewest: Cause, you know, they're all the same. ;) - Keybreak
- Sad Clown: Fucker's funny and sure as hell likeable, but gets angsty from time to time. But it's okay, we still love him.
- Everything's Funkier with Disco
- Wise Guy to Shlapintogan's Straight Man
- Trademark Favourite Food: Hot wings with fried potatoes and blue cheese dip. Ask him nicely, and he might share his sauce and dip recipes with you!
The subject likes these things:
His contributions to the wiki include, but aren't limited to:
- After Last Season
- Americas Army
- Big First Choice (YKTTW'd)
- Black Mesa Commute (YKTTW'd)
- Bloody Good Time
- Dead To Rights
- Duty Calls
- Icarus Proudbottom In The Curse Of The Chocolate Fountain
- Metal Gear Solid 3
- Mid-Review Sketch Show
- Pickup Hierarchy
- Rayman 2
- Stair Dismount
- Think of the Censors
Sabotage goes here:
Best Liveblog EVAR of The Year award. - Newton the Newt
- Debatable, but I'm not going to contest it. Thanks! —goodtimesfreegrog
Lo, MAH BOI - Kinkajou
- Sup. —goodtimesfreegrog
I always wondered if Finnish people were born with fins... - Krrackknut.
- No, but we do develop them eventually. —goodtimesfreegrog
Great name, great taste in women, great times and passable grog, and a good all 'round dude. I don't see him around much, but I think I like him! - Fawriel
- Thanks! I think I like you too! —goodtimesfreegrog
Ozbourne was here. Now, where's this free grog I heard about?
- It's in the freezer. Go fetch me one while you're at it. —goodtimesfreegrog
HUGS! - Spain Sun
- Hugs to you too, buddy! —goodtimesfreegrog
You are a very fun dude. :)-Dark Lady Celebrian
- Thanks a lot :3 —goodtimesfreegrog
A FREEZAYER WAS HAYER -Freezair For A Limited Time
- OHNOSE. —goodtimesfreegrog
Grog's a great dude, even though I keep mistaking him for a tree frog for some reason. —Agent Nomnom Jayden
Miss Hedgey baked you some banana bread. Hope you indulge in it well.
- I do believe I will! Your bake-fu is highly appreciated! —goodtimesfreegrog
Snoo-PING AS usual I see. -B Pence 89
- What, is that no good? —goodtimesfreegrog
Grog is both stylish and quite cuddly at the same time. -hugs- -Epitome
- Lotsa hugs for you too! You're welcome to cuddle me up any time ;D —goodtimesfreegrog
I'm going to vandalize your page, although I can't stand it, because I know you planned it.
Clearly, I need to talk to you more good sir. Vandalised! For Great Justice!
- So you do, dear madame! Huzzah! —goodtimesfreegrog
LIAR. This is not a good time, nor is it free grog. This is an excellent way to amuse oneself, and some of the finest complimentary gin in the world. - Krrackknut.
- Oh, that's all from my brother, he's awesome. Unlike my lame little brother, depressedtimeslousyale. [wmg] —goodtimesfreegrog
- OH GOD REPENTANCE. —goodtimesfreegrog
...GAH. I just realized that I vandalized this page twice. Why did I do it twice? GAH! Now I did it THREE times! - Krrackknut.
- I am like a Pringle in human form. Once you pop...well, you know the rest. —goodtimesfreegrog
- Such is the power of SOW NOUN DIS CARR. Thanks! —goodtimesfreegrog
- Charlatan wuz here and thinks your avatar is cuuuuuute.
- So do I, that's why I use them. Thanks! —goodtimesfreegrog
- Are you insinuating that licking a poisonous frog will not result in good times? —goodtimesfreegrog
...What kind of grog? - English Ivy
- THEN WHO WAS DRAGON? —goodtimesfreegrog
- It's in the back. Bitch. —goodtimesfreegrog
- And hai to you too, fellow source of confusion! —goodtimesfreegrog
In this world of bitter roneriness.
Two will succeed where one will digress.
And a butt-buddy is really all that you need.
For a but is a butt is a but indeed.
So together we'll attack and throw poo at the strangers.
We'll be known as the Poo-Flinging Rainbow Rangers!
Charging on bears through the Lapland-ish land.
It'll be big, it'll be cool, it'll be oh so grand.
With capes of awesomeness, what a bustle we'll stir!
So here's to the self-proclaimed Finnish ambassador!
~ Tachi ♥
- 10/10, would cry again. —goodtimesfreegrog
Muahahahahaha! It's been a loooooong time, stranger! - Flanker 66
Dude your username alone makes me smile- Landstander
Hai! If we change all the G's in your name for F's, we get foodtimesfreefrof, which... doesn't mean anything. GRAH. Anyway. You are FUN and COOL. YEAH. - Jseblan
- I KNOW! Good Mimes Tree Frog! I'm so awesome. - Jseblan
- Yes, yes you are. Thanks! —goodtimesfreegrog
- We're still not doing that, FYI. —goodtimesfreegrog
I like your taste in music. For those about to rock, we salute you! Catfish42
- And salutations to you too, good sir! —goodtimesfreegrog
- How do you know I didn't just add all these here myself? I could be talking to myself right now! —goodtimesfreegrog
- Thanks for the visit! We should go out sometime! —goodtimesfreegrog
- Your living in Finland might put a damper on that, mate. ~ Saraphyn
Hello, dear. Poker sounds great! Would you like to invite your friend Ridley too? — M0therBrain
- Sounds like a plan to me! Just make sure he doesn't cheat. —goodtimesfreegrog
Has this vandalizing section been here for a long time? -Spooky Mask
- No. —goodtimesfreegrog
Thank you for (indirectly) introducing me to "why would you draw that"! Gotta go fast — -nohaynicklibre
- So you do! You're welcome, bro! —goodtimesfreegrog
- I don't even know what that means but thanks! —goodtimesfreegrog
Thanks for the welcome too! - StolenByFaeries
- Oh, don't worry about it! [huggle] —goodtimesfreegrog
Oh hai there, friend! :3 - BlackCoyote
- And hello to you too, buddy-type person! —goodtimesfreegrog
- Thanks, I needed a new pair anyway.—goodtimesfreegrog
A wild Kris appears! But then— gone!
This is an invisible vandalism. No one will ever know that I visited this page, and my work will only be visible when you least expect it.— a juice box
- Such as right now. GASP. —goodtimesfreegrog
- Hey now, save it for the Pile! —goodtimesfreegrog
While I understand your appreciation of French Canadians awesomeness, I must retaliate with this counter-argument stating that Finns are, in fact, the coolest people. Thumbs up, have a Good Time. Metal Jesus
- If you insist. Have fun being metal. —goodtimesfreegrog
You wanted some sabotage very well <leaves C-4 on the page> later grog man. -Tuefel Hunden IV
- Oh nose! Must defuse! —goodtimesfreegrog
- Fixed! Thanks, dear. —goodtimesfreegrog
My goodness, have I really not vandalized your page before? Well, here I am. ;D ~Bella
- I liked that movie too, thanks. —goodtimesfreegrog
I can't stand it
I know you planned it
I'mma set it straight, this Watergate
I can't stand rocking when I'm in here
Cause your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear...
[/sabotage] - Bobby G
I've never vandalized this page! D: I have to fix this presto! Keep rock.. ehrm, funkin'. You're the blackest of all the white Finns. —WUE
- Good job fixin' that! I'm still the whitest person I know, so what the heck evs. —goodtimesfreegrog
Hello! - Idler 20
Ask and ye shall receive. Receive VANDALISM, that is! buahahahahaha - SunshineWerewolf
THIS IS VANDALISM AND YOU WILL ENJOY IT - ColorPrinter
Just an experiment. The colors come and go, stealth! except for the animals that see in B&W. - Amused Troper Guy
I find this page to be disturbingly lacking in ~PINK~ — Juice Box Hero
There is no chance that I ever read your handle as "good times green frog" and subsequently was confused by your picture. Telcontar