Describe givepass here.
Marital and Family Therapy/Counseling Psychology graduate student. Found TV Tropes in college freshman year. Only recently started contributing (and still not that much).
Tropes applicable to This Troper
- Attention Deficit Disorder: Semi-officially diagnosed with legal medication! Really manifests as an inability to attention in class for very long.
- Born Lucky: As I like to say, my luck kicks in exclusively in two areas of my life: Those completely useless to it, such as video games, and those completely critical to it, such as academic grades.
- Casual Danger Dialogue: During a severe car accident on an icy road, the collision caused the car to spin rapidly. This Troper went something along the line of: "Wheeee! Magic School Bus!"
- Catchphrase: According to my friends, I say "by default" and "let me put it this way" a lot.
- Chaotic Neutral: I despise bureaucracy. I like freedom. Everyone should be able to do their own thing.
- Deadly Upgrade: Adderall significantly jacks up my blood pressure and heart beat but makes me do homework and tests perfectly and fills me with initiative that I normally lack. It would be naive to assume there would be no long-term consequences. I like to think that it takes a day off my life in exchange for temporary awesomeness.
- Deadpan Snarker: When my jokes aren't nonsequiturs or being whimsical, they tend to be sarcastic or cynical.
- Forgets to Eat: Minimal appetite at best, then Adderall nukes what's left of it. Further complicated by how I really only eat because I like the taste of certain things...
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: When I feel like flattering myself.
- Must Have Ice Tea: Ideally, Arizona green tea. But any ice tea will do. Snapple, Nestea... Clearly, not very picky. Coffee is evil though.
- Trademark Favourite Food: Soup. Or see above.
- Ordinary University Student
- The Stoic: After taking Adderall, becomes this for the day.
- Super Mode: Adderall makes me super productive and super attentive.
- Total War: Rome, Empire, Napoleon.
- Deus Ex Human Revolution: Choice, stealth, gunplay? How could I not like it?
- Halo: Probably my first mature game after N64, so I have a special lifelong attachment to the series.
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent was terrible. Chaos Theory was excellent, probably the best. Conviction has its own charms, but it is a drastic departure from the series norm. They should just make two different games. One more stealthy, one more action-oriented.
- Warhammer40000: Just the Dawn of War series. No tabletop, though I wouldn't mind trying sometime.
- Fire Emblem: All the US versions. Disliked Sacred Stones. Thinks Radiant Dawn is the best. Well, besides from the lack of real support conversations. Hope they make a new one with its mechanics soon, instead of all those remakes. I want 3rd tier promotions to become standard! Come on! Doooo it!
- Assassin's Creed: 2 was good. Only problem I had with it was the health system. I liked the 1st one's better, but hey, whatever.
- Mass Effect: Thought the 1st was a decent attempt, but wasn't very thrilled with it. The 2nd... WOW. The combat blew me away. Loved it.
- Gears of War: Eh, standard overly-testosterone driven game. But I play it just because it's something to do. Probably desensitized me to gore, primarily limbs and heads getting cut off and exploding, which let me play...
- Dead Space: This was a terrifying game to play through. Also, my first real horror game, which is quite a step for someone who hates horror movies.
- [PROTOTYPE]: The Web of Intrigue is such a nice game plot mechanic. Wish there was a better way to navigate the Web, as well as playing videos in the Web.
- LeagueofLegends: In which I run around and try to play well enough to not get yelled at by my teammates.
- One Piece: Best anime/manga ever in my honest opinion.
- Darker Than Black: I was (still am) so thrilled by how the protagonist in Japanese (or really, any non-Chinese series) is Chinese. Love the fight scenes and the concept of Contractors. Wrote a basic program that assigned an ability and payment based on personal stats. Good times.
- Chuck: This is probably my favorite live-action show. This or...
- Burn Notice: Entertaining, feels like it actually goes somewhere (even when it doesn't), unlike...
- Lost: Watched it out of curiosity of its popularity. Only got to the end of Season 3. Thought it dragged on forever. Then I watched the finale of the series and it still made perfect sense. This fact is rather saddening. Overall, I think it's OK, maybe even good, but not really a fan of it. I seem to watch shows starring doctors like...
- House: Good, but then it got repetitive. Sorry, House.
- Family Guy: I like absurdist humor.
- American Dad: Might as well watch something else by Family Guy people.
- Iron Chef: This and other random shows on the Food Network make me want to eat.
- The Daily Show: Used to watch it all the time. Still a fan, just that my schedule screws it up.
- The Colbert Report: Ditto the above.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Pretty got into it the standard way. "What is this thing taking over the Internet? Let's go watch it!" Such a happy show.
Vandalism Goes Here
AND VANDALISM DID. -VutherA