Where do I even start with this?
At the beginning, I guess. My chosen alias around here is Filosera, a name I derived from the kingdom of the same name from Eien no Filena. I first stumbled on this place way back in... geez, how long ago? 2012? I know it was before I went to college. I don't remember what prompted me to come here, but I do recall that the first page I ever saw was the one for Tsundere.
Figured I might as well start a troper page after leaving a connection to a use of "I" on the TV Tropes Enhanced My Life page, so... here it is. I'll probably add things as ideas come to me.
Tropes pertaining to me as a person include:
- Apologises a Lot: Yep. (Sorry if I've made any mistakes in page editing elsewhere on the wiki... or put any positive/badass tropes on my own page. It feels a little narcissistic sometimes.)
- Berserk Button: I mean, I've got a few...
- I'm not a Munchkin. I used to be one several years ago, but I grew out of it and I hate past me for it (among many other things). Additionally, I'm not much for others being one either, with a particular hatred for the Gamebuster, Rules Lawyer, Cheater, and Troll archetypes.
- While I do try and help with people's problems when I can, I only have so much energy in a day for it, and I tend to get frustrated when people insist on wasting it on petty useless things early on in the day.
- Being made into the mediator for people who won't talk to each other like adults but are perfectly willing to complain to me about the other.
- Beware the Nice Ones: While I'm wary of calling myself "nice"* , my friends think I'm rather sweet albeit often spineless, and I tend to get along pretty well with most people* . I'm not prone to getting physical even at my angriest, but I have a habit of lapsing into Brutal Honesty when sufficiently upset.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: The vast majority of the time, I cannot talk over people to save my life, and generally do a lot more listening than talking in most conversations. I'm also generally not around people much (but I guess that's normal for an introvert). When I do talk over someone (or more often, tell them to shut up for a moment so I can actually get a word in edgewise), that's when I've had enough. This may also have something to do with being sound-sensitive and the fact that the closest person to the source of my own voice is me so if I'm too loud it can cause me pain.
- Beware the Silly Ones: Pretty much anyone who's met me in person knows I'm a mad punster, and I tend to have a lot of unconnected thoughts that leave both me and others wondering "how did you get from the current topic of conversation to that?", but... well, see the above.
- The Empath: Of the mundane and Power Incontinence variety (it's probably a lot more normal than I think it is, but I have a habit of unconsciously copying the emotions of people around me, even if I'm not involved in whatever it is and just happen to be present). It's kind of painful. It's also somewhat related to a couple of the Berserk Buttons I listed above in that while the empathy makes me able to help, it also makes me feel like I have to help because otherwise I'm stuck copying that negative feeling whether I want to or not.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: A mix of Melancholic and Phlegmatic, gradually sliding from the former toward the latter over the last few years.
- Min-Maxing: And I take pride in it, thank you very much. One of my few redeeming skills as a person, and I have my limits on what I'm willing to do with it before the resulting character stops feeling like a person.
- Pungeon Master: Anyone who's around me for very long at all in person learns that I am this. I also apparently lapse into it more when half-awake than when fully awake so people can use it to gauge my consciousness.
- Self-Deprecation: Yep.
- Shrinking Violet: In person, anyway. I can work with people one-on-one but any more than that and I can't get a word in edgewise so it just feels like I'm in the way of the more interesting groupings. I'm a little more outgoing online but not by much.