A crazy man from Sydney Australia who reckons Tv Tropes was his destiny, has Aspergers, took his name from a Fire Emblem game, and likes crossovers a little too much.
I found this site from the Game Faqs forums, when I posted an name for a trope. See, I was big on tropes, yet I had never heard of this site. I was already naming tropes before I found this site. So the people on the forum pointed me here, and the rest is history (For me).
Loves music. Constantly dreams of putting his own loved songs over BGM while watching shows.
These are the series that I have interest in:
Anime and Manga
- Chrono Crusade
- Fullmetal Alchemist (My all time favourite series)
- Jo Jos Bizarre Adventure
- Kill La Kill
- One Piece
- Madoka Magica
- Breaking Bad
- Doctor Who
- Game Of Thrones
- The Gruen Transfer
- Top Gear
- Anything by Treasure
- Anything by Platinum Games
- Assassins Creed II
- Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City
- Blaz Blue
- Dark Souls
- Devil May Cry
- The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
- Elite Beat Agents
- Fallout New Vegas
- Fire Emblem
- Infinity Blade
- The Legend Of Zelda
- The Mario Series
- Mass Effect
- Metroid Prime
- Mother 3
- No More Heroes
- Plants Vs Zombies
- Street Fighter (Particularly Third Strike)
- Super Smash Bros
- Viewtiful Joe
- Xenoblade Chronicles
- Adventure Time
- Avatar The Last Airbender and
- Avatar The Legend Of Korra (Season 1)
- The Simpsons (Pre Season 10)
- Spectacular Spider Man
- Regular Show
- The Venture Bros
Tropes that define me:
- Author Appeal: Fullmetal Alchemist, Jo Jos Bizarre Adventure, Queen and Nintendo. I actually start renaming Stand-like spirits in other series to Jo Jo style names.
- Berserk Button: Being called "Mr Bean". It.....It's a long story...... Also, there is "Do you watch porn?". WHICH I DO NOT NOW SHUT YOUR DAMN TRAP YOU SHIT SPEWING WHORE GAHHHHHHHHHHH
- Irony: I recently became a fan of Blackadder, a character I like alot, and I realised that I could have twisted the "Mr Bean" stuff into people comparing me to Blackadder, which I would have appreciated.
- Also Region Codes. They screwed me out of Metroid Prime and Super Smash Bros Melee as a kid, and still give me nothing but grief even today, like when they prevented me from picking up the Nie R soundtrack on iTunes.
- Near the end of High School, my experiences and changing opinion has left me with a DEEP hatred of the Education System of it.
- THE MASS EFFECT 3 ENDING.
- Cloudcuckoolander: I tend to slip into this now and then.
- Hot-Blooded: I tend to overeact ALOT.
- Let's Play:
One on Fire Emblem: The Sword of Seals, which is on hiatus until late January. Cancelled to make way for my Fullmetal Alchemist Live Blog.Cancelled due to personal issues.
- Needs More Love: TORIKO NEEDS MORE FANS. IT'S FAR BETTER THAN EITHER BLEACH OR NARUTO.
- Nightmare Fuel: TOM's death in the Toonami "Intruder" special traumatized me, to the point where I refused to even watch Cartoon Network or even speak about the incident. Of course, when I resaw the special years later, and saw the conclusion, it became.....
- Nightmare Retardant: The aforementioned "Intruder" special became a lot less scary when I saw how anticlimactically the monster was dispatched.
- Old Shame: Hoo Boy. Where to BEGIN? My Fire Emblem/Naruto crossover, anything I posted on the Game Faq boards before 2008, my traits in primary school....
- Sanity Slippage: A somewhat comical example when I got stuck in a Mineshaft looking for the items left behind from my previous death in Minecraft, and a not so comical example during my second term in Year 12.
- Screwed by the Network: It's tough living in Australia, and watching Cartoon Network AU. Also being a Nintendo fan.
- Shout-Out: In my mind, everything is comparable to anything else.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: My zealot like fandom of Watchmen and the Harry Potter books made thier respective movies tough to sit through on first viewing.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Weirdly, Cartoon Network for me until 2004. See Nightmare Fuel.
- All In The Manual: When it's simple world building facts or superfluous details, then it's fine, and even fun to find out. When it's major plot details, and you need to read it to understand the main story, THEN it annoys me to no end.
- Broken Aesop: I do not want to have characters learn something which is contradictory to their experiences.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: If you must have a character die, make their death meaningful. Not kill them off just because.
- Forgot About His Powers: Don't like it when the characters need to be made incompetent just to get the plot going.
- Out of Focus: See the below trope.
- Never My Fault: Yes. Yes it is your fault. Own up to it kiddo. Characters that do that look like brats in my eyes.
- Spotlight-Stealing Squad: If you are going to have a numerous cast, please give them all attention, rather than one or two.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot:
- With Friends Like These...: Only in it's most extreme cases, such as Bloo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, or Jake Spidermonkey from My Gym Partners A Monkey.
Check my contributers page for my edits.
It's ya boy, B! - The MB