- You, out there reading this. Yes, I'm Breaking the Fourth Wall and The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You. Go decide if I'm a Seme or Uke (heterosexually speaking). Post your handle to post response in this folder - "Seme vs. Uke: The Debate About Darkclaw". Cool, thanks and have a good day! Or night. Whatever. Now continue reading :)
Which tropes make up the troper darkclaw? Let us find out. This page will be updated every now and then.
STOP! Before you read the stuff that's on this massive page, you may want theme music. Open them in another tab so you can continue reading this page. Here you go. And if you are in a more...unrestrained mood, play this. Oh, and for a song with lyrics, go here.
Thank me later because after reading this, you'll know why I chose these songs for reading this page. Enjoy!
And opening the pictures/video/other stuff folder is guaranteed to make you want Brain Bleach. Even if you do somehow enjoy my kinks, there may be even more messed up stuff in there. Just saying. So, stay out to keep your sanity :P
Hey, I write stuff too! Check the pictures/video/other stuff for the links to some stuff I may post!
Me on Trope-Related sites:
- darkclaw on TV Tropes
- darkclaw91 on the Fetish Fuel Wiki
- thrilldude91 on DeviantArt...what? It is technically an article on the site. So yeah. Warning though: I can't draw (okay, at least, I can't draw really good....I've only tried it a couple of times, and I can draw some characters enough so they're recognizable) so it is just a bunch of kinky favs. Yeah. You have been warned, so if you find my kinks make you need Brain Bleach...then don't go there! It will only end in tears if you hate my main fetish (which you can see if you scroll down the page, not even that far). So yeah, I'm warning you. You Have Been Warned.
Hobbies: Writing (yay for writing overly long and convoluted series), fighting (see The Mario trope for more on that), working out (enough that I have a job at a gym), flirting with the ladies and trying to Take Over the World. Joking on that last one...maybe.
Tropes Created and Launched:
Work Pages Added:
What's Happening With Me Right Now:
November 30, 2012
Wow, haven't updated in over a year. You know that awkward moment when you put I Just Want to Be Badass as a trope on your page for over a year, but don't read the trope page and don't know what it means, and realize you're not actually an example after actually reading it? Yeah, I just had that. I like, no love, fighting; but I'm not an example of I Just Want to Be Badass, since I do it for my own enjoyment and know and worry about the risks of becoming Dented Iron and on top of that; I don't usually care what people think of me as long as they see me as a Nice Guy so I can help them. Since I like helping people. Plus, believe it or not, I sometimes worry if I am a good person due to my...tendencies to like fighting a bit too much.
Anyways, to anyone reading, have a great day!
October 30, 2011 s
Didn't post much in a while, due to my laptop screen breaking and being ill for the first time in what seems like forever. Much better now and have found a way to make my computer work through other monitors.
September 13, 2011
I apologize for not posting as much recently. I've been very busy with school starting, and recently went through a major Tear Jerker...my oldest dog died. So, I've been kind of down lately...
August 25, 2011
Dear fellow tropers who may or may not visit this page. At the bottom of the page, there is a new folder marked "Seme vs. Uke: The Debate About Darkclaw" (yes, it needed a dramatic name). Inside it, you can sign whether or not you think I'm a Seme or Uke. I am questioning this right now, as usually I'm more of a Seme in my opinion but my kinks scream Submissive Badass. So, head to the bottom folder and vote (by signing your handle)! You're legally obliged for visiting this page, anyways.
Oh, and although I've noted it down there, seme and uke in this case do not mean I'm homosexual and a Boys' Love Genre character. In this case, please apply the tropes to a heterosexual relationship, since I'm a heterosexual male. So, it's sort of like "Dom"/"Sub" for all you BDSM fans out there. For a quick rundown of the differences:
- Seme/Dom = More dominating, stereotypically masculine, less emotionally charged partner.
- Uke/Sub = More submissive, stereotypically feminine, more emotionally charged partner.
- And note, before anyone complains about gender stereotypes, I used the word "stereotypically" and that masculinity or femininity can be different things to different people, and apply to either sex. Which makes me wonder...why are they named after gender? Anyways, that's another question for another time. Go vote!
August 23, 2011
Someone deleted my Quotes Page!! NOOOOO! Anyways, check the Quotes folder now.
August 22, 2011
My quote page is now a quotes page. Plural.
August 16, 2011
Moving out today. And finally updated this page :)
- Only I, Darkclaw, post in this folder, because I know me more than I know me. Wait, what? Anyways, if you wanna post tropes, do it here in the folder marked "tropes others want to apply to me...be they already mentioned or not",
- A Darker Me: Averted, this is basically how I am in Real Life, minus some restrictions since tropers are usually down to talk about more than my Real Life peers.
- Adult Child: This side of me rarely is shown too often; but I sometimes act really silly and spontaneous, making some people believe I'm this. However, even when I'm silly; I can still be pretty smart according to my friends.
- All Hercules Want Amazons: Yes, I'm a Gender Flip of All Amazons Want Hercules. If I'm a Hercules-in-training (I enjoy fighting and working out a lot)...I definitely want a Hot Amazonian girlfriend. Some say my standards are too high, and I should settle for a "normal" girlfriend. I don't really want to though. Some friends think I shouldn't date a buff badass woman due to their personal tastes. But I like what I like, right? A few friends have even gone so far as to compare me to Artemis due to this and my love of Classical Mythology. I guess the comparison makes some sense...I do advocate athleticism and being badass, and would very much like to be with a badass woman. Unlike some guys, I really don't care who's stronger or more badass in the relationship...I just know I want a woman with legs like Chun-Li and an upper body like She Hulk. And if she can kick ass, that's a definite plus. Though I guess it should be noted, that I do like pushing myself to become more muscular and more badass...so even in a relationship like that, I'd probably still push myself.
- Just to sum up how badly I like strong women, here is a quote from me on Deviant Art (posting on a pic of a buffed Samus, though this is taken slightly out of context): "...when it comes down to it, for me...strength is beauty." ...I think that sums up my views on strong women well enough. But in case it didn't, there's a bunch of other stuff on this page...so I suggest you skip all the anvilicious stuff.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: I have issue with this trope in Real Life, but it seems when I am more sullen/solemn/cynical/determined but still the previous three things or in Blood Knight mode, then the ladies notice me more. Weird. On the other hand, I know lots of ladies even when really nice. But the ones who know me most for being nice, are usually Just Friends (and usually not with benefits).
- On an related note, I guess I'm kind of a Gender Flip of the above trope. All Guys Want Bad Girls? Well, since I like girls like Revy (who is a female gunslinger, Ladette, Dark Action Girl, Heroic Sociopath and arguable Ms. Fanservice) and Juri Han (who is a Depraved Bisexual and Evilly Affable...and a Fetish Fuel Station Attendant with a Stripperific outfit)...yeah. And if I'm not after "bad girls", I'm usually after ass-kicking girls...so yeah.
- The above may have something to do with my Hidden Depths. See the trope entry below.
- All Love Is Unrequited: More like All True Love Is Unrequited. Friends with Benefits and random flings can happen with me...but actual love? Nope, not in a long time. Sometimes I feel like love is pointless and I feel like it is only based on things like physical attraction, which I am not immune to either. It's not like I'm ugly, but as I look at relationships more cynically, I see them often like this. It is conflicting because I am usually very idealistic and want people to be happy...but I feel I may never be in a happy long-lasting relationship. I'm not quite at Silly Rabbit, Romance Is for Kids!, but I just don't always see it as an option for me in the near future...maybe when I'm a bit older, though.
- Anti-Hero: Love writing them.
- I actually have traits of anti-heroes according to the Sliding Scale Of Anti Heroes:
- Type 1 - Used to be socially awkward, sometimes can't relate to people and am somewhat geeky.
- Type 2 - When depressed, I'm cynical. But I still do the right thing.
- Type 3 - If it comes to helping the greater good and helping everyone treat each other equally and with respect, as well as be happy...then I'll do it even if I can't be kind when doing it.
- Type 4 - I have ideals...I want the world to be filled with equality, respect, happiness and kindness...I just know the world is full of different people and to force the world to change is hard, especially with all the cynicism and Humans Are Bastards belief that is prevalent nowadays. To be honest, I don't think I can fix the world by myself, but I hope to inspire others to help others change themselves and others for the better. Unfortunately, making a better world also conflicts with my Blood Knight side (if the world was always happy and peaceful, how would I get to fight?) and the fact that I'm a Cosmic Plaything who sometimes despairs but somehow manages to overcome his problems over and over...although I'm realizing to change myself to be always happy, I should just become a Unfettered Blood Knight who acknowledges the rules of society (meaning I do whatever it takes to make everyone happy while making myself happy by fighting for sport, and not seeking out fights outside of sport...not out of morality, but out of necessity to keep on living how I want). Unfortunately, to become The Unfettered and dedicate myself to embracing my darker side, making others happy and myself...I might have to give up some morals. But I won't, even if Being Good Sucks.
- Type 5: Have the potential to become this. I do love fighting far too much, but I don't think I'll ever seek it out enough to sacrifce my morality.
- Yet, somehow, I am still considered The Messiah AND a Ideal Hero by most people. I guess I just hide flaws well in Real Life.
- I actually have traits of anti-heroes according to the Sliding Scale Of Anti Heroes:
- Anti-Villain: Love writing them too.
- Apologizes a Lot: I sometimes do this.
- Author Appeal: Does the story have Badass Action Girls? Does the story have mythological beings? And is there at least one buff Hot Amazon/Amazonian Beauty? And lots of Fanservice/Fetish Fuel (for as many tastes as possible)? If so, there is a good chance I wrote it. (Except for one play I wrote, it only has mythological beings.)
- Awesomeness by Analysis: Pretty much how I learn a lot of things; I have an insanely long memory (I don't think it is quite eidetic; but some have theorized that about me). Unfortunately; I encountered the Centipede's Dilemma when it came to fighting a couple of years back...but that turned out to be mostly because I didn't understand the "feelings" I felt when fighting. Fortunately; I managed to separate the Blood Knight part of me from my usual Nice Guy behaviour; so the Blood Knight only came out when fighting. But eventually I got therapy for it all anyways.
- Badass Bookworm: Not a clear-cut example. I can fight well but I am way too nice to be considered badass in my opinion. That does not stop others from thinking I'm this though. Due to wanting to be an extremely amazing fighter in tip top shape when older like Street Fighter, I can be considered a mix of Badass Bookworm AND Genius Bruiser according to some friends. I'm in noticeably fit shape, with some fairly buff legs and my arms are more muscular than most I know. Still, I'm not as buff as some bodybuilders and some pretty buff martial artists I know, so I don't personally consider myself to be really muscular (hence I lean more towards Badass Bookworm right now in my opinion). But others who are not fighters and don't work out like I do think I'm more of a Genius Bruiser. ...So YMMV?
- Badass Pacifist: I prefer to talk out and solve problems peacefully but people still think I'm badass enough to listen to me.
- Unfortunately, I have the tendency to not always stand up for myself...until I'm really pissed off. However, I'm getting over that.
- Beneath the Mask: Usually really nice and idealistic, but tend not to tell my problems to others until I REALLY need help. It isn't really because I want to make friends or anything like that, but more just because I was raised in a way in which a lot of the time, I had to solve my own problems. Hence, I'm good at helping other people but not so much myself sometimes.
- Battle Couple: SO wants to be in one.
- Berserk Button: I am a Nice Guy but...
- Do NOT hurt children around me. Ever.
- On a humorous note, do not EVER say Chun-Li's thighs are thin. Well, I guess you can, but you better hope I don't think you're serious. Once I was really tired and a friend joked about this with me...I ranted for a really long time. After trying to hide my kinks since I was uncomfortable at the time talking about them to friends, even though they were saying theirs as a party game....I have odd friends. It's safe to say they knew I had the hots for Chunder Thighs then and figured out what kind of legs I prefer. Yeah...awkward...ah well, I'm much more relaxed about it now. Well, as relaxed as a Chivalrous Pervert is anyways.
- Better as Friends: The girl in question, who I crushed on through most of high school, was really popular and nice. But other than the niceness, we are totally different now. I initially liked her because we were both into going to plays, Drama and she was beautiful. However, by the time I finally decided to ask her out (this was before I had become a Chivalrous Pervert)...I realized I had started changing a lot. However, I wasn't completely sure how, just that I was really getting into boxing, wrestling and working out. I still was flustered around her and found the girl in question beautiful, but I was starting to feel more and more like she was pretty but just not somehow right for me, which prevented me from asking her out. Eventually, even when I had a great chance to ask her out, I decided against it just because I felt we were Better as Friends. She might be a Stupid Sexy Friend, but I realized it was not going to work out between us if we were in a relationship as by that time, we were too different. If I were the same person I was when I first met her, it would've worked out. But since she is probably the closest example to Incorruptible Pure Pureness I know in Real Life (not a lovestruck exaggeration, trust me on this) and I...was now different...it really wouldn't work out. She had always dated even nicer guys and although I was still nice, I was also starting to realize I had a "darker side" which knowing her, she would not approve of. So I decided against dating her, never told her my feelings (though they were really obvious) and stayed friends to this day. Besides, by then, she was more of a "conventional" attractive to me, not exactly my dream girl (in physical terms anyways) anymore... If you don't know what I mean by "dream girl"...have you read the rest of the page?!?
- Beware the Nice Ones: I know a black belt martial artist who once said this about me. Apparently, for all my niceness, I may hide some serious Badassery. I don't consider myself badass due to being insanely nice (most of the time) but I can fight well, am fairly strong and I am a Guile Hero, so yeah.
- Big Eater: I eat a ton. However, now I am trying to eat healthy so I can lose fat and build muscle.
- Big Little Brother: My younger brother is taller than me at 6'3, but I'm stockier and more muscular.
- Blatant Lies: I don't like lying, but I often link this trope to things I say in the forums on Tv Tropes. Usually when I say something like "Darkclaw likes -insert fetish-y thing or silly thing here-? No."
- Blood Knight: A tame example. Although I am a Martial Pacifist, I love to spar and improve my fighting skills. I would never hurt someone though outside of a sparring match unless it was self-defense or defending others.
- Recently got deconstructed as while my injuries are recovering, I keep wanting to fight more and more. Although I can force myself not to fight because I know I need to recover 100% before I put myself through fighting and intense training again, I still seem to want too so badly that I sometimes daydream about it and find myself feeling bittersweet about it (the bitter is that I can't do it while injured, the sweet is that it makes me feel happy). After talking to a counsellor, I discovered that I am split between being an idealistic Nice Guy who geniunely enjoys helping others and trying to make the world better...and being an adrenaline junkie who puts myself in danger for fun, who also enjoys the feelings of confidence and pain from fighting. To further complicate matters, I'm a Martial Pacifist (no, seriously) who is capable of controlling himself to not fight...but due to my enjoyment of fighting, without fighting I feel frustrated.
- ....And now my inner Blood Knight has been through a Reconstruction! If I enjoy fighting so much, I can still enjoy sparring and use my morals and logic to make sure I don't become a Heroic Sociopath. And if people want to think I'm badass for having fighting skills, as long as I don't do anything to worry them...well, who doesn't want to be considered badass?
- Boisterous Bruiser: Well, obviously. Look at the rest of the page for evidence.
- Born in the Wrong Century: Some close friends have thought due to my Blood Knight Combat Sadomasochist tendencies; I would be better off if I was born in Ancient Greece (probably helps I love Classical Mythology in their opinions). They are wrong...sort of. Although I enjoy fighting; I still have strict morals I adhere to and believe in Thou Shalt Not Kill; morals which I came to myself. I think I'd be better in Samurai times; probably because of Samurai Champloo...although they didn't really believe Thou Shalt Not Kill back then; I think I would've anyways. So yeah.
- Break the Cutie: Has happened way too many times to me, to varying degrees. But I learn from the incident and move on...mostly.
- Recently, I worried I was becoming too nice again. I decided after some talking to friends and soul searching, that it is more that I'm just really open sometimes and sometimes help others to the exclusion of helping myself. I guess old habits die hard. Well, I'll work on that. But I was down for like an hour or two. It was an intense hour or two though...
- Brilliant, but Lazy: My general attitude towards schoolwork; high GPA and low motivation.
- Broken Ace: According to others, I am extremely smart. I have been published, I learn quickly, I am fairly fit and build muscle fast, I can fight well and get good marks. However, I have multiple mental illnesses and a Big, Screwed-Up Family...which I'd rather not talk about, thank you. However, I seem to be getting through life and people seem to like me...I just need to gain more confidence in myself.
- Currently; it seems my problems are now less related to confidence in myself; as I now have a lot more in myself after fully accepting my Blood Knight tendencies and other flaws. My problems are now more due to being utterly bored by every day life. Although I have the discipline to not go into Blood Knight mode everywhere and I still stick to my morals...Real Life bores me; unless I'm thrill-seeking, fighting or having fun somehow else. And Real Life isn't always fun.
- Broken Pedestal: Used to idolize one of my older cousins...but slowly I moved away from doing so as I realized she often gave me advice that roughly translated to "Your parents are always right", while I believed both my viewpoint and my parents' views were important, and sometimes my problems didn't have anything to do with my parents. I eventually had a falling out with her; due to our different opinions on my relationship with my family (I believed I should respect my parents but still follow my dreams of writing and fighting as well as that I deserved respect from my parents as well; since they sometimes can insult me and yell at me, but they rarely apologize contrasted to me...my cousin believed I should do everything my parents say, including not following my dreams due to their over-protective nature being "right" in her opinion, simply because they are my parents). I called her to apologize and ask if I misunderstood her...and she hung up on me. Needless to say; I no longer idolize her and rarely try to contact her now.
- Bullying a Dragon: Recently, someone in one of my classes tried to get me to fight them. Apparently, the person believed that not drinking alcohol, smoking or doing drugs means that you can't fight. I left to avoid a fight, as it would only cause problems if I fought in a classroom...
- Butt-Monkey: I can be the butt of a lot of jokes sometimes. Depends on the group.
- Calling the Old Man Out: My relationship with my parents is complicated but not happy usually. Long story short, they don't want me to be a writer or fighter (which is annoying since I love to do those things). So, I called them out on it and told both my Mom and Dad that I gotta do what I gotta do. And they can either support me or not. But I will be who I want to be and nothing will stop me.
- Canada, Eh?: I am Canadian, eh?
- Chaotic Good: Was once described by a friend as this in Real Life. When younger, was probably a Chaotic Neutral.
- Character Alignment: Chaotic Neutral when younger -> Chaotic Good now.
- Character Development: Many examples-
- From Shrinking Violet to extroverted guy...but still a genuine Nice Guy. Though with a dominant streak every now and then. Thanks High School.
- From Nice Guy to extroverted Jerk with a Heart of Gold Blood Knight Übermensch due to Trauma Conga Line. ...Actually, still a Nice Guy when I think about it; just with much less guilt over my Blood Knight side and no longer afraid to speak my mind. Not really jerky. So I am actually a Nice Guy Blood Knight Übermensch...yeah, I'm weird...deal with it :P
- From Celibate Hero to Chivalrous Pervert. Thanks High School.
- From Non-Action Guy to Action...Guy? I'm not quite an Action Hero...due to the "hero" part. Not that I'm a villain either. It's just in Real Life, I don't often get to save the world. Whatever. Thanks High School. But I'm not really thanking high school for that.
- From out of shape to toned and fit, with legs enough to get me nicknamed Chun-Li by some friends (they're only 24 inches when defined though (as of this writing)...but still pretty big looking). He's Got Legs? I never thought I'd type that...
- From finding thin women most attractive to liking buff women a whole lot more.
- From Nice Guy to Knight In Sour Armor; due to a Despair Event Horizon. And back to Nice Guy. It doesn't really count as a Despair Event Horizon if you're down for two weeks off and on and then get over it does it?
- And more. Which I may or may not post later.
- From Shrinking Violet to extroverted guy...but still a genuine Nice Guy. Though with a dominant streak every now and then. Thanks High School.
- Chivalrous Pervert: I really like to flirt with the ladies...though most ladies don't quite fit my tastes (see Fetish lower on this page or "All Hercules Want Amazons" above), I still find a lot of ladies attractive and never hesitate to flirt with them. Still, I prefer to not be in a relationship at the moment due to the above All Hercules Want Amazons and my fetishes and all...
- Clueless Chick Magnet: Was recently told that I "ooze masculinity" and that I attract women easily...but don't actually understand their flirting, which leads to me making friends with a lot of women. And that some guys wonder if I'm actually gay, since I rarely ask women out. I usally don't ask women out because I want to know I'm in love before I do so and I want my life under control before I do so.
- To drive the point home, when I was told the above, it quickly led to some guys I know telling me that I need to understand women, to having a female friend I know come in my room and stretch out on my bed. I still didn't understand the signals, so to speak, until I was told after she left.
- Also, me being a Clueless Chick Magnet is also a Deconstruction of that trope. I wish I could understand flirtation more, but I don't really understand healthy relationships enough to ask someone out at the moment which sometimes leads to me wondering why I can't get a date and feeling down about it. However, at least I'm not one of those Entitled to Have You types. Although I'm a Nice Guy, who thinks some girls believe All Girls Want Bad Boys, I don't do kind things to get dates, I do them because I'm an Ethical Hedonist. That doesn't mean my lack of dates isn't frustrating sometimes though. But I try not to wangst about it in Real Life.
- Combat Sadomasochist: To the point of combat and pain from fights are one of my main fetishes.
- Which means to me, Sex Is Violence. Did I mention I'm adept at both taking and giving? Damn, I'm kinky :P
- I actually analyzed this with a counsellor recently; as she believed I am too nice to want to hurt others. She was right; as I enjoy pain happening to me and the adrenaline rush and confidence from fights...I don't really like hurting others. I think I still count for the trope though due to other looser uses.
- For record; on the "sadistic" side, I like the adrenaline and confidence; on the "masochistic" side, I can enjoy my own physical pain when I feel it (especially in combat) as long as I feel I can overcome it (which I usually do). Also; I can enjoy winning and losing a fight. Mix all the above in this paragraph and it equals...well, you can guess.
- Cosmic Plaything: A lot of bad stuff happens to me. But I refuse to become a jerkass due to it. Besides, bad stuff happens to everyone. It's all how you deal with it.
- Crazy Awesome: My writings, though they usually are deconstructive as well. I am as well to an extent, since I seem to have some weird plans to solve problems. And they often work.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Getting a play I wrote performed. It was a dream come true.
- Cute and Psycho: This could explain my general personality. Due to my interests and mental illnesses, I tend to go back and forth from being really happy to really sad. On top of that, even when happy, it is quite clear that I love Black Comedy and have kinks that I'm unashamed of but others find weird or off-putting (you can guess which kinks if you've made it this far down the page).
- Dare to Be Badass: One day, I felt my life really sucked. So I dared myself to do this. And never looked back.
- Made another one to myself, to learn to control and accept my flaws and still accomplish all my goals.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Enough that I feel like an Iron Woobie sometimes. Still, Don't You Dare Pity Me! is in effect a lot. And I am not telling you all of it, if you ask. I'll tell you if I feel like it.
- Dark Is Not Evil: My name is Darkclaw. I am a really Nice Guy.
- Determinator: When it comes to writing. I will do anything to get into anime writing and anything for people to enjoy my writings. Anything.
- And fighting. And fighting games.
- Distaff Counterpart: After a Gender Bender incident on a forum game on this wiki, it turns out my Distaff Counterpart is basically me but female. And she's named Daca. The only really notable difference is that Daca loves high heels. Oh, and since I'm a flirtatious heterosexual male in Real Life...Daca is a flirtatious lesbian. Check out her trope section below!
- Ditzy Genius: For proof, read the Genius Ditz section below.
- Does Not Like Guns: Subverted. I want to learn how to use a firearm and practice sharp-shooting if I ever get the time (college + social life + fighting + writing + job + internet time + playing video games + watching anime and cartoons = virtually no time to do whatever I want other than those things); but I really, REALLY never ever want to use one outside of learning how to use one just in case it ever comes to me needing to use one. And I really hope it never does.
- Double Standard: I hate this trope and the related problems it brings. In general, I believe people are people, regardless of gender. For some reason, a few Tsunderes I have known have attempted to hit me for trivial reasons (like disagreeing in a pointless argument) and then tried to justify it with the Double Standard. Either I dodge the hit, or if it is simply a slap, I may allow them to slap me due to me having a good pain threshold. Still, afterwards, I remind them I truly believe in equality...equal rights for everyone AND equal punishment. Meaning, I Would Hit a Girl in self-defense or to defend others, but only if my life or someone else's is in danger. Also, I like to spar with both badass men and women. In general, be it fighting or writing or even dealing with people in the everyday of Real Life...I always try to treat everyone equally.
- Entry Pimp: For Amazonian Beauties. I personally think naturally buff women are hot, regardless of what others think (I don't like women who use steroids because it makes them look...odd...in my opinion, but I would never use steroids myself...so the moral is: Drugs Are Bad).
- Fanservice: I hate this trope. No, I just dislike the Double Standard attached with it. Why can't a series have fanservice for as many orientations as possible? I guess because some authors tend to write only their own kinks into a series. If I write fanservice, I tend to try to limit to scenes which won't ruin the drama if they have fanservice. Also, I try to write fanservice involving both female and male characters, of varying appearances and kinks. Though I usually put in one or two Amazonian Beauties, I look at the amount of characters and amount of time I give fanservice to them, so I don't make them give too much fanservice or appear so often they become The Wesley. I do this practice pretty much whenever I feel a kink may become too prominent in a series or story I write, to minimize squick since obviously not everyone shares the same tastes as me or anyone else.
- Fetish: Due to some health problems, I hit the gym. I got better but in the process, realized just how attractive I found women with muscles at the gym. Fitness models, female bodybuilders, martial artists, etc...short way of putting it is, the more muscle, the hotter she is to me (as long as you can still tell it's a pretty woman...I've seen some overdosed on steroids...it is not pretty). It can be seen in my writings, see Author Appeal above...though to my credit, I'm trying to tone it down. That was not meant to be an incredibly lame pun. Despite my fetish, I have been attracted to many different women that don't fit my fetish at all. In fact, I probably have many more...the one listed is just my oddest, so I thought you might find it interesting. Or not. Or squick. If the last is the case, I apologize. ...I also like Action Girls and Badass women in general.
- Seriously, trying to become a fighter and get insanely fit has only made my fetishes even harder to contain. It can be awkward when you know so many people who work out. I want to be buffer like the bodybuilders and more badass like the fighters. But did you know many martial artists combine their training with bodybuilding to make themselves even more dangerous in fights? Seriously, I have met some women who are fighters even buffer than say, Chun-Li or Cammy. They often have a little fat over their muscles though...but some play the Amazonian Beauty trope even further than Up to Eleven. Since there is a lot of overlap between fighting and bodybuilding, there are badass hot Amazonian Beauties whose muscles are on clear display (though they often have unnatural chests due to losing so much fat). Needless to say, it's hard for me to not get...excited around them.
- Other fetishes include...HA! I am not telling you. You have to talk to me instead...though you could probably figure some of them out yourself. But I have a lot so...you could probably just guess and have a 50/50 chance. As long as you're guessing about a female character. Or about Poison from Final Fight.
- And finally, I have actually studied theories of attraction and fetishism. Sadly, it has not helped me in Real Life that much, but it interested me, so I decided to learn it on a whim.
- And finally, finally, if you read this whole page, I'm sure you'll learn other kinks of mine.
- The Fettered: Although I've wanted to be The Unfettered at times; I prefer to be this. My morals keep me in check and I want to help others despite being somewhat of a Blood Knight.
- Foe Yay: In a really good fight, I sometimes...enjoy the fight too much. And if I think my opponent looks good at all, then it's going to be more obvious in a fight. In fact, some people think for me, fighting is basically foreplay. Which it can be to me...
- For Happiness: Happiness is awesome.
- Freak Out: Downplayed and subverted every time, but it has happened. Usually when I have a realization about something about me that I REALLY don't like about myself. The reason the trope is downplayed is because I usually just isolate myself when they happen and cry a bit. Then the subversion comes in when I realize I am not alone and talk to friends. Crowning Moment Of Heartwarming ensues, and I resolve to change whatever I don't like. And I believe nothing is beyond my ability to change, just like Xanatos. The reason these incidents are still FreakOuts in my opinion is because they do change my character...but in good ways after the initial trauma. Like being more confident or assertive...even though I'm REALLY cynical during the Freak Out part.
- Friend to All Children: I can be this...except to my brother sometimes when we were younger. Ah, sibling rivalry.
- I'm guessing it is because I still love Saturday morning cartoons. Or something. Not sure.
- On a related note, after my childhood...I hate people who harm children. 110% hate them. With very few exceptions in fiction. And none in Real Life. I Wouldn't Hurt a Child...but if someone hurts them around me, they are going down. No exceptions.
- Friend to All Living Things: I wish I were this; as I don't even like harming insects. And I usually am...but both of my toy poodles I've owned liked to bite me. But they also liked to lick me so it balances out.
- Game-Breaking Injury: Downplayed and (thankfully) subverted. I have a back injury but it should heal completely according to doctors and physiotherapists. Unfortunately, I can't fight or work out heavily right now...but in a couple of months, I should be fully better from the injury. It turns out my medicine for my Bipolar screwed over my body's ability to utilize calcium...but fortunately, I am scheduled for surgery in a couple of months to fix that as well. After all that, my body should be able to handle injuries a lot better and they won't happen as often either. So, I'm very thankful, since a back injury could have been much worse, all things considered. Although I feel out of shape right now, at least I'll be able to get back into shape and continue fighting soon. Though I'm not going to say the wait is fun. :P
- Yay; back is better! XD
- Genius Ditz: Well, "genius" might be pushing it but I do have very good grades despite my odd tendencies.
- For an example of this, when younger, I passed multiple tests in grade school. The first test almost the whole school couldn't do. The second was taken by a few people, most didn't pass and I did. If I passed the final test I would have to be taken to another school (...Or So I Heard...but I was REALLY gullible back then). So I almost passed the final test, by answering all the questions except the last one while talking about video games and how awesome Kirby is. The test was on a time limit, so by not answering the final question, the test was considered incomplete and I didn't have to leave my friends behind by going to another school. I was told by the instructor that I could have passed and that I was very intelligent. I told him I didn't care and just wanted to be with my friends. Later, other tests I would take continued to say I was really smart. However, I don't believe any of these tests. Why? If I'm so smart, why is it that I cannot solve all the problems in my life? Until I do, I will never call myself a "genius" and will continue to deprecate myself.
- Yeah, note the "Ditz" part. Apparently, the trope I was actually looking for was NOT GeniusDitz. It was Ditzy Genius. So, I'm more of a Ditzy Genius. Whoops.
- Gentle Giant: Yeah, I'm this.
- Good Old Fisticuffs: I can do this, with my boxing skills. But I'm also learning a lot about martial arts. So I don't play this totally straight.
- Grey and Gray Morality: Dabble in it time to time in my writings. But I believe Real Life is a lot like this.
- Guile Hero: I always have a plan. Always.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation: Prone to this when sad or when I Wangst over my flaws, usually in private.
- Heroic Sociopath: Sometimes worried I may become this to some extent. Character Development isn't always "good", you know?
- He's Back: Went through two weeks of trying to sort out and understand my more negative emotions and repressed memories; turned me to a Knight In Sour Armor briefly. I'm back to my usual self now.
- Hidden Depths: Some people in Real Life know me as a Nice Guy. When they get to know me more, they are sometiemes surprised at the stuff that I describe in the rest of this folder. Just because I'm nice doesn't mean I don't have a wild side.
- Though my Hidden Depths could end up being subverted as since I grow more confident and assertive, although I still like helping people in Real Life, some friends have said I'm becoming much less passive (and therefore, much more likely to do whatever I feel like or talk about what I want). For example; when I had a friend over to my place recently, we had a discussion about Lady Shiva (long story short, he was looking through my Batman encyclopedia, yes they have those). When he saw a picture of a buffed-in the legs Lady Shiva kicking a thug in the face, he was grossed out by the slight gorn of the pic. When he saw I was smiling apparently, he made fun of me for it. I immediately told him that I like women who can kick ass and asked what was wrong with that. He stopped making fun of me and put the book away. In the past, I usually would have been passive and let it slide. Now, according to my friends, I'm still silly but a lot more assertive and confident.
- I Call It "Vera": My left arm is "Megan" (named after Megan Fox) and my right arm is Morrigan (named after Morrigan of Darkstalkers fame). My aim is to make my arms extremely buff and noticeable, along with the rest of my body. Then when people ask about my arms, I can call them by name. I'm weird. I know.
- I Just Want to Be Special or I Just Want to Be Normal: Depends if I am bored (then I want special) or if I am dealing with my mental illnesses (then I want normal).
- Iron Woobie: I sometimes consider myself due to my Dark and Troubled Past, which I rarely bring up the full extents of. Considering some of the stuff that has happened to me, my closest friends also often consider me this...but when I start being woobie-d over and people feel really sad for me when I'm not feeling sad, I usually say: Don't You Dare Pity Me!.
- Irony: In my writings a lot.
- Oh, and a Real Life example? When younger, a LOT younger, I used to be a lot more into stereotyping. I also loved Hollywood Thin women and believed No Guy Wants an Amazon until I started doing what I wanted to for a while, but hadn't become a Determinator yet. Once I started doing the stuff posted all over this page well...I turned out how you see me on the rest of the page.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Some people see me this way (albeit a Chivalrous Pervert is also a common interpretation of me). Some people don't know about what I like to keep hidden sometimes.
- In Harm's Way: I sometimes find normal everyday life boring, unless I'm fighting or thrill-seeking; or at least doing something spontaneous and fun.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: I have a Brony wallet, I have small facial features and wrists and ankles (although they nicely contrast the rest of my body...am I being pervy about myself?...Moving on), I am very emotional and despite being a Blood Knight, I'm a Nice Guy who would rather talk out problems than beat someone up. Though if we talk out our issues and then beat each other up consensually for fun that's cool.
- Keet: A common first interpretation of me; despite my build and above average height. Even if I can seem intimidating at a glance; I still am (usually) very energetic with interests ranging from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (Real Men Are Bronies, didn't you know?) to cheering people up to doing whatever the hell comes to mind (within some reason, I do have standards and morals)...in fact some people have been surprised to find out I fight, considering I can sometimes act like my body is filled with caffeine.
- Knife Nut: Weird example, downplayed I guess. I don't know too much about this, I'll admit. I know bits and pieces, but I'm not amazing...just slightly above average skilled I guess. However, since I find female KnifeNuts hawt (I'm looking at you Chane Laforet), I'm thinking of learning more in that area. For no reason like seeing hot women fighting with knives. Not Fetish Fuel.
- Lightning Bruiser: I am quick. Very quick. I have an ectomesomorphic build, so I can move quickly and build muscle quickly.
- The downside to this is that I easily can become a Glass Cannon, unless I consume insane amounts of food (specifically protein and calcium).
- Madden Into Misanthropy: Barely averted. After a Trauma Conga Line of events; ranging from injuries to illnesses to my oldest dog dying and dealing with a crazy yandere and needing to call the cops on her, I felt that after four weeks of a lot of bad things happening...well, I wouldn't hate people, I just worried I was going down that path. Fortunately, thanks to friends and tropers, I realized You Are Not Alone and have the will to keep going on. I'm also working through the cynicism I gained from all that, and am starting to become idealistic again.
- Megane: I usually wear glasses in my more casual times. The Glasses Come Off though in a fight.
- The Mario: My fighting style. To date I have:
- Trained under a pro-level boxer and a recreational boxer.
- Learned some wrestling in high school.
- Have a personal trainer for bodybuilding (muscle can and will help in fighting, so that's why I'm mentioning this...basically as long as you don't use steroids and train to keep your speed, endurance, agility and reflexes along with building strength...you too could be like a badass Street Fighter character!)
- I am part of a MMA club in college and have done well for myself (in my first class, I flipped an experienced martial artist for example).
- Have learned some things about weaponry; I especially seem to like learning about knives.
- Joined a Mixed Martial Arts Gym to learn Muay Thai and Krav Maga.
- Finally, I can also be a Combat Pragmatist.
- Martial Pacifist: This is me to a tee. It helps keep my Blood Knight side in check, check the Blood Knight trope above
- The Messiah: I tend to believe all people are good at heart. I try my best to treat everyone equally as well. As in, actually equally. Some people have tried to manipulate me by trying to use the Double Standard or other ways of claming "equality" to help them and not others. I sometimes can convince them to help everyone instead. ...If not, well then I usually just leave them alone. Despite my Bipolar, I am very kind to a fault...but Beware the Nice Ones as I can also fight well and will defend myself and others from being hurt. Also, despite being The Messiah, I still have a Dark and Troubled Past (battling with depression partially due to it) and I love to flirt with the ladies.
- Mistaken for Gay: Not in Real Life...but Tv Tropes sometimes gives me ads to "date muscular men". It is...slightly annoying. In Real Life, my friends sometimes complain I'm too heterosexual for flirting with so many women...and the ones who say this are often YaoiFangirls. Honestly, I can understand how liking buff women is not always considered "normal" but seriously, advertisements on Tv Tropes...what the hell? I have never been attracted to a man, muscles or not, but I like women with muscles. As you probably know from reading this far because I'm too anvilicious...
- Mood Whiplash: I can be VERY happy to the point of sunshine and lollipops most of the time. The other 10% of the time I can be down (depressed, even).
- Motor Mouth: If I get started talking about something I like or am interested in. This page is proof. Or some of my posts in the forum. Otherwise, I can be The Quiet One.
- Murderous Thighs: Well, I wouldn't kill someone with them, but I am a male version of this trope. I somehow don't think my legs are being seen as fanservice by most people though. They are just really big, strong and I can pin someone with them. Which I have done, and it is awkward doing to guys or girls...for different reasons, but I'll let you figure out why it's different for each.
- It's not to say I don't know how to fight with my upper body though.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: Well, in terms of sheer physical strength, I avert this. In terms of not being knocked out...most of the time. Still, I know some much more experience fighters who could knock me the hell out with a really fast punch or kick or whatever. However, the trope is technically about strength last I checked...it has just gone through Trope Decay. Anyways, why would I want big muscles for a fight? Well, because this formula: Speed + Strength + Mass = A lot harder punch or kick or throw or whatever plus it's easier to take more damage and it's easier to knock someone out with an attack.
- That's not to say there aren't downsides; like keeping up my endurance, speed and agility with my extra weight due to the muscle. Which is why one of many reasons I train naturally, otherwise it would be insanely hard to keep my endurance, speed and agility up. Currently, in terms of speed, agility, endurance, flexibility, and all that other stuff...I'm a Jack-of-All-Trades. Except in brute strength, which I'm more than a bit above average in. Especially in my legs...see the trope "Murderous Thighs" above.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Sometimes, I like girls I really shouldn't. For Perverse Sexual Lust examples...Dark Phoenix from X Men, Juri Han from Street Fighter IV and even Irisu from Irisu Syndrome (though she's sort of more "cute" than "hot" to me...in a weird way, even I don't understand). For Real Life examples, I'm not even getting into that right now.
- No Doubt the Years Have Changed Me: Met an old accquaintance from high school, from way back in early Drama years (I was in Grade 10 when she graduated from the school) at a local bar once (was there to meet some friends, not to drink). This trope came up in a way, though I didn't say it. At first, my accquaintance couldn't believe she bumped into me again. As we talked, she at first also couldn't believe that I was bigger now and much less shy. This prompted me to realize just how much I had changed since my early high school days, though I didn't comment much on it since I needed to go see my friends.
- Noodle People: Obviously averted (look at the rest of the page). However, when younger (as a child), I fit this trope due to running a lot and not getting into fighting or weights until after I gained a lot of fat due to some health problems and medicine for my Bipolar. However, I then took up working to go for a Heroic Build instead.
- It is still a possibility for me, because due to being an ectomesomorph; I build muscle quickly but can lose fat and muscle quickly (if I don't eat properly and/or work out/stay active). I don't want to be a noodle person, but due to not working out heavily or fighting for a bit due to injury (see Game-Breaking Injury, but don't worry because it seems I shall pull off a I Got Better)...I look slimmer in my arms (but not my legs or abdominals, or anywhere else in my body). However, when I flex, my arms do bulge...which would be cool, if I hadn't lost some muscle during my injury. Oh well, I can still get back to where I was again. And then improve.
- No Social Skills: Used to be this way. Some traces linger.
- Nice Guy: Nice guys do finish last. I am proof of this. Oh well, I heard they also finish best. Hopefully. However, despite my nice guy attitude, I am actively trying to become "badass". It's not working out too well so far, since I can't get the attitude down. However, I can box, I lift weights and am learning mixed martial arts so it's a start.
- On the other hand, many people already consider me badass...maybe I'm too hard on myself. Also, I really dislike being hit for no reason or others being hurt. I will always stand up for others and am starting to stand up for myself a lot more.
- Recently, I am starting to realize the downsides of being a Nice Guy (specifically people seem to over-react when it turns out I can feel emotions other than happiness, and a lot of people got ticked off at me for things like frowning!). Well, I already knew them...I just can't take them anymore and am starting to become some kind of hybrid of a Nice Guy and a Jerk with a Heart of Gold. I still care for people, help people often and believe Rosseau Was Right...I just am no longer afraid to voice my own opinion, regardless of what others may think, am prone to insulting others when they insult me and am starting to have less and less guilt over my Blood Knight side. I also am beginning to see the world as a Morality Kitchen Sink and am starting to create and follow my own moral code.
- Perverse Sexual Lust: Oh, how I try to hide this and fail miserably. My friends often point it out for laughs when we play Street Fighter...can I really help how fit and attractive Cammy, Chun-Li and Sakura are? I also actually find some of my own original characters attractive. I need help.
- Add Juri Han to that list...though not as buff as most women I instantly react to, her defined fitness model body is pretty hot I'll admit. Also, her flexibility coupled with those awesome abs... makes her fitness model body even hotter. Yes, I like fit women, why do you ask?
- And there a lot more characters due to being way too much into fiction when younger (old habits die hard). Samus, She Hulk, Wonder Woman, the list goes on and on...basically if they were a hawt and 100% badass Action Girl or Dark Action Girl (what? Evil Is Sexy sometimes, don't deny it), then I like em'. even if they don't fit my other kinks, action is hawt to me. But if they do fit other kinks, especially being buff...I'll be in my bunk.
- Pet-Peeve Trope: A few.
- Double Standard: I HATE THEM ALL. STEREOTYPES SHOULD NOT EXIST. DO NOT MAKE ME RANT ABOUT THIS, OR YOU WILL SEE EVEN MORE CAPS!
- Would Hurt a Child: I am a Friend to All Children so if this goes down without adequate explanation (and there are so few reasons to "justify" it I can think of, I can only think of Black Lagoon and Darker Than Black story arcs at the moment...fans of those series, you know what I'm talking about), you will be going down. No exceptions.
- Lolicon and Shotacon...if you like that stuff, please keep it to yourself and do not pursue this in Real Life. It's illegal. And wrong in my and many others' opinions.
- Maybe not a trope, but everyone is different. Do not be sexist, racist, homophobic, heterosexist, or anything like that. At least while you're around me. Unless it's for humour and you're making a point and not really insulting others. Though even then it can still have Unfortunate Implications...
- Speaking of people being different... a lot of people have different kinks. If you are grossed out by someone's kinks, do not insult them about it. The only time I feel this should be revoked is if the kink in question is NOT Safe, Sane, and Consensual...and legal.
- That is all.
- Postmodernism: My writings. Plus Genre-Busting and deconstructedtropes. A lot of them.
- Power Makes Your Voice Deep: My voice was usually somewhat high for a man due to my general happiness except when I'm working out, training for fighting, fighting or trying to intimdate someone. Fortunately, I haven't usually had to intimidate someone, but it has happened once or twice to end conflict so I don't have to fight. These incidents are NoodleIncidents though.
- In a related phenomena, one of my friends noticed as I have become more assertive, confident and not afraid to say what's on mind...my voice is somehow deeper. After hearing this, I tried casually talking without thinking too much...and it was. My voice still sometimes go high, when really happy, but not as much anymore.
- Real Men Wear Pink: I enjoy Shojo manga on occasion, and love cute animals, like my toy poodles (one of them has passed; but I still love them both). Oh, and I'm a Brony...I even have a muscle shirt with Rainbow Dash on it. Yeah.
- Reality Ensues: Although I can fight; in an upscale town where I live...there is not nearly as much opportunity for fights as in comics or anime. This bores me greatly; so I enjoy fighting for sport whenever I can.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: I'm the Red one for almost all my friends. Basically; when a Brilliant, but Lazy Blood Knight Combat Sadomasochist Nice Guy with a few occasions of Large Ham and a love of being In Harm's Way is put against other people; it's hard to not be Red. I'm trying to gain more Blue attributes; so I can think more by logic...but it is hard, so basically I can be smart...I'm just too energetic.
- Seme: Apparently a heterosexual version of this, according to forums. Except, I guess with my...tastes, I'm attracted to dominant and aggressive women. Which means if I ever do get in my dream relationship...it's going to be...interesting. You know, since I can also be dominant and aggressive. Weird.
- As a side-note: I used to be a sort of heteroseuxal Uke. Kinda, since I was so focused on being nice, that when my dominant side showed, people were like: Whoa. But it's a lot more noticeable now, so I'm not really an Uke anymore. And besides, most Uke I know of don't really fight and work out nearly as much as I do. Just saying.
- As another side-note, check out the poll in the bottom folder. Seme or Uke? Switch? You decide!
- Slash Fic: Someone online once wrote one of me. Sort of. It was like - insert another online name here - meets a bunch of guys, Even the Guys Want Him and ...stuff ensues. Yeah, I'll let you fill in the blanks there. I am not even saying where this is, so don't ask. I was mildly flattered, amused and weirded out. It's not often that happens.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: Usually idealistic...but my writings and inner thoughts are sometimes cynical.
- Submissive Badass: Let's see what we can pull from that index...
- The Smart Guy: Despite my enjoyment of working out and fighting, I am more this trope than The Big Guy. This is probably because I'm a Martial Pacifist, I enjoy learning, get good grades and have a wild imagination which I can apply to Real Life. This allows me to be Genre Savvy by understanding the people I know and my previous situations and try to make situations play in my favour.
- Super Fighting Crazy Side: This describes what happens when I give into my Combat Sadomasochist Blood Knight side...I go from Nice Guy to someone who is not afraid of pain (hell, I enjoy pain happening to me when I'm in this state), enjoys the adrenaline rush and I shift from a more refined style of fighting to being more unpredictable and enjoying the fight regardless of I win or lose. Fortunately; I have morals even while acting like this and I still respect my opponent; so I don't do anything bad. I do become a lot more competent in a fight though. However; I want to learn to control this side of me even more.
- Tell Me How You Fight: In three main ways -
- Quick, Elegant Strikes: I can punch well and palm strike well due to my boxing training. Apparently this means I'm refined...but this is more when I keep myself under full control.
- Dance Battler...sorta: I can be unpredictable when I fight. I haven't really learned to dance, but I understand how to fake attacks and dodge well enough and usually am flexible and agile enough due to having somewhat thin bones (even if I have muscle over them). Apparently this means I have a fun-loving personality. True but it also means I have elements of a...
- Combat Sadomasochist / Blood Knight: Yeah, I keep this crazy side of me in check.
- Thou Shalt Not Kill: I believe in this, as one of my many morals.
- Tsundere: I have actually once been told to date a friend of mine who is one. It's not going to happen.
- In a totally not Perverse Sexual Lust example, I seem to be a mild version of this towards Saeko Busijima from High School Of The Dead. I alternate between being scared of the similarities between me when I fight and her hidden Heroic Sociopath Blood Knight side, and finding her hawt. Of course, being me, when scared I say things like "Enjoying fighting that much is messed up" so I don't look into it too much and discover more than the Fridge Horror that her personality is somewhat like mine, but deconstructed and turned Up to Eleven. And yes, her name is spoilered and Saeko is referred to as "her" a lot, because it's a big spoiler for High School Of The Dead I suppose.
- I am in a platonic tsundere relationship with my immediate family. We have problems when we live with each other, but as we moved apart, we're doing better. Sometimes.
- Übermensch: Let's just say after enough Break the Cutie and reflecting on my knowledge of people and the world, I decided I wanted to be this. And then decided that wanting wasn't enough, I should just do it. At least I still believe in treating others nicely...but to still make my own path and not ever be dependent on others fully, and now have no problems with speaking my mind or accomplishing my goals over others. Additionally, I enjoy my Blood Knight side much more now and have no problems with it as long as I keep it to sparring and do not hurt others (unless it is self-defense), both for my morals and more cynically, that I could get into trouble and impede my goals by hurting people. And I will fulfill all my goals. Period.
- Uke: I once knew a girl who liked treating me like this Up to Eleven. It didn't work out between us; especially since she kept saying she was an Action Girl despite being obviously out of shape and saying that all her combat experience was less than a year of Aikido lessons; over a decade ago...which she gave up because she found it too hard. I didn't want to be jerky and call her a Faux Action Girl, but I did end up seeing her somewhat less since she seemed to want to date me, according to friends, and I did not want to. I'm still friendly with her when I bump into her; then again I'm friendly with pretty much everyone I meet.
- Underestimating Badassery: Yeah, this used to happen to me. Not so much anymore, since those who know me (mostly) know not to tick me off. Of course, to make me angry, it takes a LOT (mainly people attempting to hurt me or others).
- Unholy Matrimony: When younger, before my teens, I wasn't evil but not necessarily really good...just a Chaotic Neutral, who did what he wanted, when he wanted a lot of the time. I didn't really do anything bad, but I really didn't care what others thought of me. Until I met my first crush, who was very similar to me in personality and didn't mind getting her hands dirty in a fight. Although when younger, I believed No Guy Wants an Amazon (see entries for Irony above) and she loved a good fight, we hit it off and always hung out together for a while, causing minor mischief and scrapping with each other (it was usually a toss-up to who would win). But, ultimately, we were forced apart and I haven't seen her in a LONG time and may never again.
- Urban Legend Love Life: My friends over the years made this up for me. Due to shipping and rumors taken out of control. I still haven't been able to fix my false reputation at all.
- Wham Episode: LOVE THIS TROPE. I have to be careful when writing to not fall into Mandatory Twist Ending just because I love Whams so much.
- For a Real Life example, when I was diagonsed with Bipolar and OCD...at the age of eight. Break the Cutie indeed at that moment. But I got back to being a Nice Guy so I guess it worked out.
- Recently, my oldest dog died...and I'm not sure I'm ever going to be fully the same again.
- Would Hit a Girl: Due to taking fighting lessons and sparring with women, I went pretty quickly from Wouldn't Hit a Girl to this trope. However, I am not abusive at all as the rest of this page attests to, with me being a Nice Guy and all. Rather, I would hit a woman in a sparring match. And if I need to defend myself or others. Still, I prefer not to hit anyone, regardless of gender.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: I absolutely would never hurt a child due to my messed up childhood and me being a Friend to All Children.
- Yandere: Not me, but I had to deal with one. I called the cops and cut off contact with her after she started texting me violent threats for not seeing her every day.
- You Are Not Alone: Have both given this to other people and been on the receiving end of it.
- Recently, a lot of friends and tropers helped me through a lot of issues I've been going through. It was a Crowning Moment Of Heartwarming for me, as I help others without expecting help back. But people helped me in my time of need anyways.
- Yuri Fan: Yes, I'm into this too.
- Now I have a Yuri Genre Crack Fic written in under five minutes, shipping Morrigan Aensland with Dark Phoenix and Chun-Li with She-Hulk. Check it out in the picture/videos/other stuff folder! (possibly NSFW depending on your definition of it...and other stuff will be in the folder, so You Have Been Warned.)
- The Ace: Yes; it is impossible to be this in Real Life (probably). But it would be cool to be so anyways.
- Badass: I just need more confidence and I might consider myself this one day.
- Genius Bruiser: Although some consider me a Badass Bookworm, I really want to be this. Give it a couple of years, and I should be jacked considering I now work out almost every day. Except when college homework takes over my life sometimes.
- Happily Married: I really want to get married one day, and have a Badass Family. A happy one too. Considering my current family life, I sometimes doubt it, but I won't give up. And if I get married, I hopefully want to marry a Fetish Fuel Station Attendant. If I get married, I want to marry a woman who is badass, buff and buxom, even if due to working out (which she'd need to do in order to be buff), they're probably not natural. And I hope she has glasses.
- Heroic Build: I want to be a natural bodybuilder along with being a famous writer. But considering I seem to be gaining muscle fast (I'm an ectomesomorph, so I'm genetically made to build muscle easilybut can lose it somewhat easilyalong with fat if I don't work out]]), and I think along the lines of Bigger Is Better, I hope to be at least 180 - 190 pounds of muscle in five years. Hopefully with very little fat, so my muscles show easily. I say "hopefully" because I like to eat a lot.
- If anyone wonders why I changed the 230 pounds to 180 - 190, it is because I used to know a 230 pound fighter who was totally awesome. However, my fighting style (or styles arguably) are so fun to me I don't want to give them up...and being 230 would seriously tax my endurance and possibly hurt my fighting styles. See Tell Me How You Fight in the first folder for more on what I mean by styles.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: Or scriptwriter, bodybuilder, martial artist and Nice Guy.
- Action Girl: I have the same skills as Darkclaw. I just look hotter using them...though I'm sure he would point out Your Mileage May Vary.
- All Women Love Shoes: They're awesome!
- Amazonian Beauty: Darkclaw wishes. Perv. And if any of you are harbouring thoughts about this or any other Turn On Trope, or shipping me and Darkclaw...don't. Or I'll relase Slash Fic of you and your worst enemy! Ha!
- Good Bad Girl: Sorta. More like this trope meets a female Casanova Wannabe...so far. Why is Darkclaw more lucky in what he calls Real Life? I say Double Standard! Stupid Darkclaw! It's not like he's cool or anything...
- Yes, I just made Ship Tease between me and Darkclaw. It's like a Crossover Ship meets inverted Perverse Sexual Lust meets Screw Yourself! It's...wrong. And That's Terrible.
- I'm just screwing with him though. I am 99.9884378% lesbian. The other miniscule percentage is something I don't wanna know, else Darkclaw finds a way to use it to actually flirt with me :P
- Gender Flip: This much should be obvious.
- Lad-Ette: Totally.
- Les Yay: You're looking pretty cute out there...if you're a woman. I don't know.
- Meganekko: Have glasses but not the usual personality of a meganekko.
- Poke the Poodle: Not above it.
- Plucky Girl
- Statuesque Stunner: Well, the "Stunner" part may vary but I'm the same height as Darkclaw. Six feet, edging into 6'1".
- Totally Radical: I say "Totally"...a lot. Totally.
The joke about Daca started on this forum: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=12935748190A26585200&page=386 (Check a few pages in for Daca's name to start appearing)
- I am an existentialist, egalitarian and ethical hedonist. Yay for things starting with E!
- Currently when I have little fat on me (as in Body Mass Index of 15% or lower) I have 14 inch arms and 24 inch legs. And a six-pack. That's not to say I'm even at 15% BMI right now :(
- As a side-note to the above, as long as I keep my fighting skills up and improving...and I keep my speed and agility, I have no problem with buffing up (naturally) further. However, my trainer said in say 10-15 years, with my genetics, if I kept training, I could have 36 inch legs. To put that in perspective, my legs would be three feet thick. Yeah. I know it would be freaky looking to a lot of people, but I think it would be awesome albeit intimidating to a lot of people. But imagine the kicks I could do! As for arms, they'd be like only 18 inches or something. Not as cool. Sorry arms. But I'd be like the next Chun-Li...but male, real...and you know, maybe I'm not thinking about this right. Moving on.
- First vandalization ? Niceeeee ~Dhana Ragnarok
- Niceeee. - Darkclaw
- Hello, my friend. In time... I shall write you a song. Inhopelessguy
- Yay! What will the song be about? - Darkclaw
- I came up with my name note for a My Chemical Romance forum, and thought about "Bella" meaning "beauty" and about "-cide" so I put the two together for a slightly dark, cheery name. You were half right (and a lot of people have asked me about Bella, but nope, has nothing to do with her~ lulz) anyways, yay vandalization~! -throws party, confetti falls from ceiling- ~Bella
- That's pretty cool. MCR is awesome! Yay, party! - Darkclaw
- Oh, darkclaw, you're so droll... ~ boyob13
- Wait, droll like "funny"? Oh, cool. Yeah, I am kind of funny :) - Darkclaw
- Here, have this nice vandalism. And some Dark Side cookies!!!! - Mort08
- I'll get around to the song. I'll get around to it. Hold on in there. Inhopeless Guy
- Do you have any ideas on what the song will be about? - Darkclaw
- First vandalism made by me here! - Premonition45
- First response to Premonition45's vandalism made by me here! - Darkclaw
- What does a hero truly need ? ...Much depends upon the hero...Mah friend Darkclaw doesn't need no damn stuff to kick asses :D ~Dhana Ragnarok
- Thanks :) I hope I don't need to kick asses in my every day life though. I do love sparring though, but that's probably obvious by now. - Darkclaw
- Awesome fourth-walling, dude. - Who Needs Sleep
- Thanks Who Needs Sleep and the person reading this right now. - Darkclaw
- Your martial arts don't impress me. Once I accidentally made a blackbelt trip downstairs. And I wasn't even supposed to be there, I was with a friend. Long story. With enough Contrived Coincidences, I could do the same to you. Maybe. - Belfagor
- I'd rather not trip down stairs. - Darkclaw
- He got better. Plus he didn't get hurt, it was more a gag than anything else.
- In that case; I guess I could meet you near a set of stairs sometime...nah.
- Where have you been? You never pay a visit on my page! How are we supposed to be enemies if you never pay attention to me? Oh no, wait... there's another villain, is it? —Belfagor
- Please post in alphabetical order. Thanks!
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: At first I was going to add Hunk, but then I didn't want to create too much Ho Yay (considering also the other tropes I've applied on this page), so I'll just place a gratuitous negative trope here to counterbalance. Seems convoluted? Indeed it is. Plus, I've left some vandalism. Then again, that would make too muh Foe Yay? I don't know. Do as you prefer, at this point. — Belfagor
- Foe Yay huh? So you don't like me... -Darkclaw cries in corner- I'm not really that arrogant though...although I mention my martial skill sometimes too much because I tend to say anything that comes to mind; I also usually mention there are many better than me and even someone with no fighting experience could beat me possibly. So yeah. - Darkclaw
- Thanks Dracosketch! This made my day, and I really needed something to cheer me up as I type this. - Darkclaw
- Badass Adorable: So obvious I forgot to add it xD ~Dhana Ragnarok
- Me? Adorable? Never. I am so MANLY that I...oh look, a kitten. Aww...it's so cute and I'm going to hug and play with it, and teach it to hit pressure points and teach it to hold a knife... - Darkclaw
- Beware the Quiet Ones: I sense danger here.... - Voids Empathy
- It's rare, since I have a high tolerance of others, but in Real Life, I usually just give TheReasonYouSuckSpeeches to people who push me too far. If they hit me though...then I usually just defend myself however much I feel necessary. If they ever decide to use a weapon that coud seriously hurt or kill me or others though, then I'm more inclined to ensure they can't use that weapon when I turn my back. I'll leave that up to you to interpret how I'd go about that. Or...you might not want to, if you're the faint of heart. - Darkclaw
- Beware the Nice Ones: I don't want to know what occurs when you kerplode. - Inhopeless Guy
- It's...not pretty. But if anyone wants it to be, imagine CareBearStares and rainbows, instead of yelling, insults and stuff. By stuff, I mean, if it gets to a physical fight; punches, kicks, grapples, and other stuff. Though I wouldn't throw the first punch unless I had to for self-defense. Well, you know what I mean. - Darkclaw
- Boisterous Bruiser: You're a friendly chap, and going by some of your other tropes, you can probably kick ass as well. -Quarterman
- Yeah, I'm usually pretty social but I do enjoy a good fight every now and then (or too often)... - Darkclaw
- Crazy Awesome: More awesome than crazy though. ~ thiefoftime
- Yay! I'm crazy and awesome, but more awesome which is awesome :) Thanks for the compliment :)- Darkclaw
- Dark Is Not Evil: Or is it? — Liberated Liberater
- Distaff Counterpart: After twelve seconds of intense reflexion...You're basically looking for a female you ? :p ~Dhana Ragnarok
- I never thought of if that way...but I guess, yeah? Does this mean I'm narcissistic? Or have serious issues. Or... nah. - Darkclaw
- Distracted by the Sexy: For some reason, I see you as being easily distracted. Must be your avatars. -shrug- ~@Theindefiniteone
- Distracted by the Sexy: Girls at the gym. :P - Stolen By Faeries
- Eldritch Abomination: Don't lie... mellochan42
- I am not an Eldritch Abomination... I am a Humanoid Abomination planning to Take Over The multiverse by turning everyone who reads this page into my Brainwashed and Crazy less powered but still dangerous Humanoid Abomination mooks; except they do not know about their transformation or that I can make them do anything, anytime. My conquest will begin...in maybe a billion years; I'm lazy. - Darkclaw
- Eldritch Location: mellochan42
- Well, this page is pretty long... - Darkclaw
- Mr. Fanservice: From your page, I suppose you could be an eye-candy for the female audience, but only you can tell if that actually applies or not. Must investigate further. Or maybe not. P.S.: Thanks for posting that trope on my page, even if I don't really see myself as an Anti-Hero. — Belfagor
- Yes and no. I do know a lot of women; and I have been complimented and flirted to; and I know how to flirt...but when my Blood Knight Combat Sadomasochist side comes into play (which I don't go around talking about; except to fellow fighters and friends who I fully trust)...the results are mixed (some women I've sparred with want to spar...and some women are kinda weirded out; even if I can contain myself...most people don't smile from being hit or have weird eye expressions when fighting). Also, I can be ditzy which to some is a turn-off...but then I can flirt and compliment enough later to win back some favour. But then I'm also a Clueless Chick Magnet according to a few friends. Let's just say this trope is played with. But thank you so much for the compliment. - Darkclaw
- The Fighting Narcissist: Extrapolating wildly from the Distaff Counterpart entry above this and your response. And assuming you fight. Especially when you kerplode. - Balmung
- Whoa, are you implying I don't actually fight? - Puts on nearby handwraps - Bring it on! ...Okay, but seriously, I have been trained in boxing, wrestling and MMA (karate, taekwondo and Japanese Jiujutsu). I like to think I know a bit about fighting :P And I am totally NOT narcisstic, as I do NOT spend ludicrous hours figuring out how to train to not be only buff but still be able to combine sheer strength, speed, agility, flexibility, endurance and all that other fun stuff. So, no, it is totally 100% illogical to think that I would be focused on creating my ideal physical body capable of nigh- Charles Atlas Superpower levels. And to think that I would want to find a woman like that is also absurd. Me, narcissistic? Never. ...Oh, and you don't wanna see me kerplode :P - Darkclaw
- Also, if you see my Rants folder below, I'm sure my first rant posted obviously disproves me being a narcissist. Though in Real Life, I try not to flaunt myself too much, I do take great pride in my body...to the point when if I am recovering from injuries or even have a bit of fat on me, I hate myself for it and either want to just go fight or burn most of my fat until my muscles are showing more :P So...maybe I'm a bit narcissistic and obssessed with fitness and fighting. - Darkclaw
- Genre Savvy - Even if I'm not a genie... You never can be too careful though. :P — Dark Confidant
- First-Person Smartass - ~Tenzen12
- Well duh, I'm a smartass. But thank you. - Darkclaw
- Hercule Wants Amazons: Duh. ~Dhana Ragnarok
- Was it really that obvious? - Darkclaw
- Gentle Giant - Definitely. ~Milos Stefanovic
- Hidden Depths: There is obviously more than meets the eye. ~theindefiniteone
- Informed Attribute: He states a lot of things, but has anyone of you ever seen him in action? I don't think so. Cue Evil Laugh. Belfagor
- Theoretically; almost everything on Tv Tropes troper pages could be considered an Informed Attribute. It's kind of hard to prove everything someone says on Tv Tropes. Regardless; I have not lied about anything and although some of the things I have done may be "cool", I have also informed my flaws. So, I really don't mind this trope.
- Knife Nut: Why hasn't no one added this yet? - @DRoy
- Knives are very dangerous and should not be used in any dangerous ways, outside of controlled practices and sparring. That said...they're also awesome. XD - Darkclaw
- Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics ~theindefiniteone
- Wait, when did I use these? - Darkclaw
- Luminescent Blush: I can't help but think of you with two big pink stickers on your cheeks everytime someone talks about Amazonian Beauty ~Dhana Ragnarok
- To blush? Such a thing would...okay, yeah I kind of do. But don't tell anybody! - Darkclaw
- Meta Guy: Just read the top of your page! ~Jimmmyman10
- I do like being meta. Do you hear that, you reading my page? - Darkclaw
- Miles Gloriosus: You know you are it. Admit it openly. Sincerely, your part-time villain.
- No; I am not. Although I talk about my skills a lot; it is due to two reasons; one, unlike a lot of fighters, my fighting skills are tied to my sexuality and two, I'm very ditzy and have a Motor Mouth. However; I'm still humble in that I have fully admitted on many occasions that anyone could beat me, maybe someone is a better fighter or maybe they catch me off guard (like attacking In the Back for example) or any number of reasons. Besides; I am tormented internally very often by my Blood Knight Combat Sadomasochist side which does not tie in with my Nice Guy persona very well. And only recently due to therapy have I been able to avoid dangerous situations due to my enjoyment of being In Harm's Way; which has nearly gotten me killed on occasion. So, overall; although I enjoy many dangerous things, I still feel a lot of guilt over my enjoyment of them. I am getting better in regards to that; but it will take a long time to fix my flaws. If I were actually a Miles Gloriosus, I would not mention all the downsides of being a Blood Knight Combat Sadomasochist; I'd be trying to keep saying things like "being a Blood Knight is cool"! And it sometimes really isn't. - Darkclaw
- Nakama: Because you're my best friend here with inhopelessguy ~Dhana Ragnarok
- Agreed! - Darkclaw
- Ninja: Seems like you're still posting here - but I'm never here when you do :'( ~Dhana Ragnarok
- I was gone for a few long periods of time; due to injuries, illnesses and personal matters. I did post every now and then briefly though. Sorry for disappearing though - Darkclaw
- Noodle Incident: CAN'T. UNSEE. (And yeah, it's-a-me!)
- I'm pretty sure that Dhana added this one. It is a really odd but plausible Noodle Incident and trust me whoever is reading this, you don't wanna know. Ever. It would either be an Anti-Climax or High Octane Nightmare Fuel. And the fact that it could happen to you in Real Life, is Paranoia Fuel too. - Darkclaw
- Papa Wolf ~risingdreams
- Well, I don't have kids of my own yet...but I can see why you believe this about me. Thanks! - Darkclaw
- I heard it could be applied to younger sibilings or cousins. X_X ~risingdreams
- Oh cool, did not know. Yeah, no one can bother my brother. Evah. But me. :P - Darkclaw
- Well, I don't have kids of my own yet...but I can see why you believe this about me. Thanks! - Darkclaw
- Pretty Cool Guy ~Dracosketch
- Red Boxing Gloves: I give 90% odds that you own these. - Balmung
- I do. - Darkclaw
- Rule of at Least 20% Cooler: Your Rainbow Dash avatar. - Balmung
- Thanks, Balmung! - Darkclaw
- If anyone is wondering why I, Darkclaw, posted the above trope, it is because there were some technical difficulties with my page...so Balmung PM'd me what he was going to post and I then posted it on my page. Same with Red Boxing Gloves.
- Thanks, Balmung! - Darkclaw
- Rule of Sexy: Well, your page is filled with tropes about your fetish, your love for physical activity, your Male Gaze and... heck, even an asexual guy like me is noticing that! — Belfagor
- I'm too sexy for my tropes. - Darkclaw
- Self-Fanservice: You know, making a whole page for your fetish is a bit suspicious :p ~Dhana Ragnarok
- Serious Business: Seme or Uke! I hope this doesn't offend you. I think the debate is pretty awesome ^_^'. ~risingdreams
- No offense taken. It is a serious matter, more important than anything else that may ever happen to me in the next second of my life. - Darkclaw
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: There's something about Yoü & I. — Belfagor
- I see it too - Darkclaw
- No more, I think. I fear I've lost the inspiration. We can still remain enemies, though.
- Smoking Is Cool: one of your avatars feature smoking. = Commander Obvious
- Smoking is bad. Just saying. But...that avatar is Revy, so she makes it so. But only if it's her. - Darkclaw
- So Cool Its Awesome: Guess who :D ~ Dhana Ragnarok
- Thanks! :D - Darkclaw
- Theme Music Powerup: You seem to be fond of this. - Mort08
- Yeah, I do it in Real Life too sometimes sort of...I usually listen to music while doing, well, anything. Almost anything anyways. - Darkclaw
- The Quiet One: You seem to be a man of few words. But I kinda like it ^^ ~ Dhana Ragnarok
- Thanks Dhana! I can talk a lot if I'm really interested in something, though I do tend to go silent for a while until I know exactly what I want to say. - Darkclaw
- Troperiffic: I alone managed to find 7 tropes applying to you ! (Not including this one) ~ Dhana Ragnarok
- I can't think of a hilarious comment for this one, so...-insert joke here-. Thanks for the compliment! - Darkclaw
- Trope Overdosed: ~ OMalley
- So true when I look at this page. Thank you! - Darkclaw
- Wall of Text: This page. This page in the edit box, with all the code. Yeah. ~theindefiniteone
- That's why we have search functions :P Okay, no seriously, I just can type REALLY fast. Should probably clean it up...eventually. - Darkclaw
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Awesome?: Seme or Uke debate! Best. Idea. EVAR. ~risingdreams
- Yay! It is totally So Cool Its Awesome though :) - Darkclaw
- What Do You Mean, It's Not Symbolic?: EXISTENTIALISM IS TOO DEEP FOR MY RENE DESCARTES, FREUDIAN, JUNGIAN BRAIN = Commander Obvious
- You Talk Too Much: I had a hard time finding a place to put a trope because you're page is just sooooo long. Not that it's a bad thing, this is a very informative page. ~Enzeru
- Darkclaw is the living embodiment of CMoAs - Dalexterminate
- Darkclaw is the only person to have evaded Altaïr... for now. - Deadbeatloser 22
- "I Wish I Could Employ Someone to Come Up With Witty Song Titles, But For the Time Being, I Shall Write Them Myself, Even Though It Takes a Little Time, and They Get Absurdly Long" by inhopelessguy
I wrote this little ditty,
For a guy called Darkclaw,
In my eyes he is,
Awesome forever more!
What's the point of writing this?
I just want to say,
The guy is funny as always,
I think he's really smart,
My eurekas are his brain farts,
He's all-around nice guy,
And he doesn't even need to try.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: I really like this show, and could relate to Toph and Aang a lot. However I already like...
- Baccano: Mobsters + immortality + Gorn = Awesome. All that awesome + Chane Laforet = MIND BOGGLING AWESOME. Shame the anime didn't continue much more...would've been awesome to see Aging animated :(
- Batman The Animated Series: It's Batman in Film Noir...but animated. Enough said.
- Black Lagoon: Badass Girls with Guns fighting and being awesome all the time? Sign me up!
- Code Geass: Okay, so maybe I don't really like the art style but...the show is pretty cool with all its plot twists and stuff. And Kallen / Karen and CC are among the few Bishoujo I would totally marry in a heartbeat (as in, marry both of them, I can't decide between the two...don't make me!).
- Cowboy Bebop: It just is awesome too. Spike is the epitome of badass, Jet is the coolest last DJ evah, Ed is hilarious, Ein is an awesome dog. And Faye Valentine...mmm....
- Darker Than Black: Morally grey anime with Chinese Electric Batman kicking the ass of multiple conspiracies? Kirihara in a swimsuit? I must go watch...again.
- The Dark Knight Saga: It's Batman in Live Action...but So Cool Its Awesome now. Enough said.
- Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex: Major Kusanagi!!! I virtually squee every time she kicks ass!
- Justice League: Superheroes teaming up to save the world all the time? Cool.
- Metroid: Samus was one of my first video game crushes...even before she removed the suit and I knew Samus Is a Girl. Umm, besides that, Samus is badass and...I might not be able to get over this. Okay, and the Metroid Prime trilogy had an epic and gripping story. And Metroid Fusion creeped me out with the X Parasite. And Super Metroid made me cry...then kick ass...as Samus, but Metroid fans know what I'm talking about. Sniff, poor baby Metroid...
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Bronies unite! We are taking over teh internets along with the female pony fans.
- Street Fighter: Without it, I would most likely be very different, since it inspired me to start fighting in Real Life. And is has Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Juri, Makoto and many more female characters, who are ALL badass and portrayed as Amazonian Beauties to varying extents, probably due to Author Appeal, but (especially in Street Fighter IV) and to me at least, also Hot Amazons. I am not happy about this.
- Soul Calibur: The backstory is really good, and I'd love for them to expand on it in-game. But since they most likely won't, at least to the extent I would like, I'm content for the all the hot swordplay the ladies engage in. That Came Out Wrong.
- Supernatural: Though packed to the brim with Ho Yay and Mr. Fanservice characters, it is still really good and sometimes scary. Plus, Ruby was hawt when played by either of her actresses. Okay, so since she was manipulating the heroes to summon Satan, maybe she's a Dark Action Girl...
- Teen Titans: TITANS GO! The only things I didn't like about this series were Never Say "Die", Starfire being more moe than hawt but intimidating (like in the comics, though the comic version is Fetish Fuel to a lot, including me) and the massive Deus ex Machina at the end of Season 4. And the final episode ALWAYS MAKES ME CRY. Dammit, why couldn't Beast Boy be with Terra? WHY, WRITERS?!?
- Tiger And Bunny: This show is made of 110% pure awesome. It even helped me get out of a brief state of depression, since Wild Tiger's idealism and badassery apparently can even break through into reality. Or maybe the show just made me feel better. The former sounds cooler.
- Paper Mario: All of them. They were great stories with humour and drama. They had real tension, which I usually wouldn't expect from Mario. And Shadow Queen was hawt. For more on the hilarity of the series and the drama of the series, look at some of the fanmade videos about it.
- Training With Hinako: Seriously, I love working out but this is wrong on so many levels. One, a Moe loli is teaching people how to work out by flirting with them? What the hell?!?! And two, they Did Not Do The Research! At all! Sit-ups? For abs? Yeah; unless you have impeccable form, a strong back and amazing nutrition to keep it that way...DO NOT DO IT! And even then, be careful. And even even then, there are so many more safe and effective ways to get abs like circuit training! I'm going to shut up now, because I'm now in anvilicious mode...but seriously, I feel like somewhere right now, lolicons are watching this series. And it scares me.
- Twilight: Okay, I know this is a Love It or Hate It series...but I've heard some people say FREAKING Bella is a "feminist" character who "empowers" women? How? By clinging to an abusive Bastard Boyfriend who's also a vampire?!? ARGH! That's like saying Lara Croft has a realistic body type for all the stunts she pulls off. It's not true! ...Though Lara is hawt :P
??? - Unknown Date
Should be working on my philosophy essay...oh well, I'll get it done. Due to college, I feel I haven't nearly worked out or trained in fighting nearly enough in the past two weeks or so. I feel like less of a badass already. I think I'll work out when I get the chance soon, but in April when I get off school, I'm going to work out like mad. And join a dojo for Hapkido. And hopefully learn to use a katana. Yeah. By the way, you shouldn't start sentences with "and". And Now You Know.
Anyways, in writing news, I think I shall try to make my Magnum Opus a comic first then get it adapted. More on that as it happens :)
Feb 12, 2011
Was in hospital to get my meds changed and depression. Yeah. Oh well, I'm back and happy again, so I'm...happy.
In writing news, I need to write my Pitch Bible more. It is going well. However, I still worry if it will get made...
Also, "Megan" is noticeably buffer (my left arm), almost as big as my right arm now (probably off by like 0.1 of an inch maybe). This is due to a lot of weight lifting on it.
Jan 29, 2011
Feeling down. So I'm just updating my tropes list. To feel better, I've put up my "goals folder". Basically, it's what I want to be when older. I hope I don't sound like I want to be a Mary Sue. Check it out.
Jan 25, 2011
Gotta do my Philosophy Essay. Damn, I hate essays. I really, REALLY, REEAALLLY do. But I have to go do it. So I will leave you with this update on my writings. Did I mention I hate essays?
I am currently working on blurring the lines of morality. Also, I have to work on my characters sheet since their moralities are changing. Was having fun but then my essay came up :P So yeah.
Anyways, will talk again soon hopefully. Bye for now.
Jan 20, 2011
Finished my exams :) To celebrate, I bought the Baccano DVD set and watched it start to finish. Awesome series.
Currently wondering about the Double Standard. Don't know why it exists, but I hate it.
On that topic, in my previous post, I alluded to a trope that's part of it, All Amazons Want Hercules. I said I was not exploiting it or anything. It's true that I'm not as I want to be buff (or, to be more specific, buffer than I am currently) but honestly, I don't care if any person, male or female, is buffer than me. Or better at kicking butt than me. Or anything really. I see it like there's Always Someone Better, so why care? All I can do is get buffer for me and enjoy doing so and continue my fighting training. I enjoy it anyways.
Also, I have already encountered some humorous and not so humorous things about the bodybuilding lifestyle and trying to get a Heroic Build. A lot of ladies I know are encouraging me to get buffer, but the second I say I like my ladies to have muscle, it's either:
I hate Double Standards. If a woman wants to build muscle, it shouldn't be squick just because "traditionally" men are usually buffer (Seriously, someone used this "excuse" on me). I think anyone who is fit and wants to be buff, can do it and should if they want to. But I'm biased, since I like my ladies to have legs like Chun-Li and upper bodies like She Hulk, with a healthy dose of the Statuesque Stunner trope. So why is it that it's cool for me to be buff but not women? ARGH, I could go crazy from trying to understand the Double Standard.
On a humorous note, someone recently believed I was jealous of Chun-Li. Specifcally, her legs. I rebuffed with that I am not and find her legs to be sexy. The reaction was surprisingly that quite a few others find her legs hot as well. Some still denied it though.
Oh, and my writing is going well but I'm on a CRAZY deadline. And I swear I won't talk nearly as much about muscle next post. I have Bipolar and OCD, so I tend to fixate on topics sometimes, sorry. Still, it's being Cursed with Awesome for the most part though...tons of imagination and my fixations allow me to focus like crazy on my goals. More on writing next post though :P
See ya soon :)
Jan 6th, 2011
I now am attempting to build my own Heroic Build. Seriously. I am dieting and bodybuilding now. It has interested me for a while and I've worked out a lot, but never really attempted to do hardcore natural bodybuilding. To my surprise, it's actually going well. The dieting isn't too bad, and I love to work out...in fact, my personal trainer wants me to not work out too much because now I may be overdoing it in my pursuit of a buff bod. Oh well.
Sadly, I am not showing my abs yet and that could take a while to show. On the plus side, my arms and legs are noticeable. But my left bicep is a bit smaller than my right. So I'm going to work it out a lot more. Apparently with my mesomorph body structure, I could get seriously jacked in a couple of years.
Told you I was serious. And no, I am not only doing this to invoke/exploit All Amazons Want Hercules. Though I have learned that female bodybuilders tend to stay in relationships with fellow bodybuilders longer than those who don't bodybuild themselves, on average (according to my trainer and some bodybuilders, male and female, that I've met). I'm doing this to get buff, because I just want to. And maybe, just a bit, to get an Amazonian Beauty girlfriend. Actually, I'm not doing it for that reason at all. (If you have no clue that I like muscle on my ladies, see my entry for Fetish below...and I guess I want muscle on myself as well.)
Until next post, see ya.
- Gasp! You didn't vandalize in the vandalize folder! NOOOO! This has now ruined my Batman Gambit to Take Over the World. - Darkclaw
- And I'll keep on vandalizing here. ;)
Because I want to.
- And I'll keep on vandalizing here. ;)
- We shall see in due time, troper. I shall think of an excellent plot twist to win this battle of wits.
- Yeah, Two versus one. Ain't happenin' brah. Inhopelessguy
- The faeries direct you to Athena... and every other war goddess. - Stolen By Faeries
- Yay for faeries! And war goddesses! ...Hopefully I can take my place in some mythological pantheon. That would be pretty awesome. Hmm, I could be like the God of War...but I don't think Ares or Kratos would like that...oh well, I shall fight for that right. And fight to meet Freya, Athena and Artemis. But when I meet them, umm, I'll let the faeries help me figure out what to do in that situation. After all, flir—I mean talking to goddesses is probably a bit different than talking to humans... The faeries will help me, right? - Darkclaw
- Down, downright, right! raigakuren
- Why can't I hadouken IRL? It would be so awesome... Looks like my Hadouken is more like a Hadou-can't... - Darkclaw
- Your Avatar! It is the distraction! But I still have fury! — Dark Confidant
- I am never distracted by it. - Darkclaw
- .... Hey again. I uhh.... broek your fridge. Inhopeless Guy
- NOOOOOOO! How will I eat the stuff in it now? - Darkclaw
- You need a new vandalism folder. ~theindefiniteone
- Of course, I have no fear in ticking you off whenever I feel like doing this. — Belfagor
- The above was put in the folder that only I am supposed to write in. So I moved it; because I'm that strict and boring. - Darkclaw
- You fiend! This way you destroyed the snarky content of my phrase!
- If you think I'm a Seme, sign your handle here:
- Noir Grimoir: You're a Mujaki-seme, you're a shy top who will probably get lead around by your bottom. ;P.
- Gasp! I can actually kinda see this, a bit...
- Noir Grimoir: You're a Mujaki-seme, you're a shy top who will probably get lead around by your bottom. ;P.
- If you think I'm a Uke, sign your handle here: Inhopeless Guy
- Thanks inhopelessguy for first response to this :)
- If you think I'm a Switch (someone who can be both Seme and Uke depending on the situation, sign your handle here):
- Although using yaoi tropes for a het person is odd, I can understand what you're trying to convey. You seem to be more of a switcher... Eva Unit 01
- Thanks for the post :) I am an odd person in general though :P - Darkclaw
- If you wonder why the hell you're trying to apply Yaoi tropes to a heterosexual guy : Dhana Ragnarok
- But seriously, it's weird that you're using Yaoi terms for a heterosexual guy. ~ That Human
- I guess. Oh well. - Darkclaw
- If you have the time, leave a reason as to why. Thanks!
Sometimes I rant. Sometimes I feel the rants deserve to be posted to preserve their epicness.
This rant was when the Fetishes forum was discussing what would happen if different tropers took over the world; and forced their kinks on it. This is exactly why I should never Take Over the World as well: About the whole changing the world to match someone's kinks thing...
I disapprove of changing the world to match one person's kinks. It is horribly wrong And Thats Terrible.
First of all, people would be a lot more open to things like sex and fetishes. If you're not into sex or toying with new ideas, then you eventually become like that, no exceptions. Second of all, monogamy would be out and polygamy would become the norm for relationships. Thirdly, everyone would find things like physical strength, speed, agility, flexibility, endurance, durability, etc. to be Fetish Fuel, regardless of other preferences. The Heroic Build would be the most desired body type for men and women. In addition, the populace would seek out ways for people to achieve the Heroic Build without resorting to dangerous things like steroids which would be frowned upon, though genetic experimentation is okay I guess. Also, people would have to train to not only gain vast strength but keep up and improve the rest of their physical attributes as well. Fourthly, badassery would also be a major component of attraction. Basically, everyone would also be turned on by fighting; be it with hands, blades, guns, etc. ...which would probably lead to a lot of Sex Is Violence, but whatever. Fifthly, the whole Dom/Sub thing would have to go. People would always be fighting for dominance and the loser would then go sub for them for the time being until their next rematch. Sixth..ly(?), all other kinks that could go with the above would also be allowed and be encouraged. In other words, if someone has a kink, they should be free to explore it with other like-minded people. In fact, there would be a whole scientific field just for this (everything from finding ways for Buxom Is Better to Catgirls to anything people can think of). And seventh(ly), other than the above...equality for all, no matter how hypocritical this may sound now.
Rant About Bodybuilding's Effectiveness On Fighting (from Fetishes Forum) -
- In response to an argument on the Fetishes forum, in which some people believed muscles are bad for fighting:
Darkclaw's response - Wall of Text below, but still helpful info about fighting and bodybuilding:
As a natural bodybuilder and fighter, I take offense to that last one :P Anyways, it all depends on how you train. I can see a lot of bodybuilders having trouble training to fight, as in my experience, there are two types of "bodybuilders":
- The bodybuilders who either use steroids or do anything to bulk up quickly and don't actually think about the consequences or how to do so to achieve all their physical goals.
- The bodybuilders who actually study the human body and therefore can do a lot with their bodies, because they train in specific and precise ways.
I'm personally aiming to be the latter, and although I am "bulky", due to doing both strength and endurance training equally as well as running training (in terms of sheer speed and endurance training), plus flexibility and agility training AND conditioning and fighting training....I don't really want to brag too much, but I'm a bit of a Lightning Bruiser. Of course, I know more experience fighters who are even more so than me but still...
Oh and if you know how to use your muscle mass and density in combat, it is not useless. Have you ever seen a UFC fight for example? Even a lot of female fighters are pretty jacked (...which may or may not be why I watch those matches :P). Anyways, when you fight, you can direct your body weight into a punch or kick to make it more effective (a lot of people refer to it as "ki"). However, although this is effective, if your opponent is equally skilled and can block it/use it to their advantage, it won't mean too much to them. Ever heard of the trope My Kung Fu Is Stronger? Often the deciding factor between two equally skilled fighters is their strength, because it helps them power through their opponents to deal more damage AND the muscle mass, if dense enough (read: they actually did the research on how to train and bodybuild for fighting), will give them some more protection against strikes (though pressure points and the like will still hurt just as much).
While I'm saying all this, I should probably say if I were to date an Amazonian Beauty, I'd preferably want one who is the second type I mentioned and therefore can do more things than just lift stuff :P
Oh, and also "about actual combat" note , there's a huge difference between stepping in the ring and the military. In the ring, you just need to knock someone out or restrain them, or in a lot of martial arts competititons....just gain points through quick hits that you make soft at the last second. Some competitions don't even let you touch your opponent and instead multiple judges decide who would win.
Plus, ALL of my senseis and instructors for boxing, wrestilng and MMA (Karate, Taekwondo, Japanese Jiujutsu) have not been bishonen or bishoujo. They run the gambit from lithe and putting emphasis on speed in attacks but still being really defined (like having a six-pack of abs for example) to flat-out buff (for example, the only female sensei I had was...which made it more fun, I mean awkward, to train with her; or the sensei I plan to go train under in Hapkido is pretty bulky). Honestly, being built like a twig is not going to help in a fight...you can be lithe, don't get me wrong, but you still will build at least some dense muscle from the crazy training that goes in dojos if you're there long enough. Just saying.
..Oh and since I mentioned speed...yes, a strike's power can come just from the speed and technique. BUT if you add strength and mass to that strike, thanks to the Square/Cube Law and how mass works...well, what do you think will block, take more damage and deal out more damage: a well-trained lithe arm or leg, or a well-trained massively buff one? And as for the disadvantage of Square-Cube Law (see: the bigger they are, the harder they fall), if you make sure your bones are strong and you know how to absorb hits/fall properly...it really isn't that big of a deal. Of course, if you're bodybuilding PROPERLY and learning to fight as well, you'll have dense and strong bones anyways.
It really pisses me off when people automatically assume all bodybuilders are too slow or whatever to fight...Because those people tend to not actually not have done the research on either field. And I pride myself in both. Just saying.
And just for the record, this type of training, hell even bodybuilders who only train for sheer strength, is INSANELY hard...and you need to be able to dedicate your life to it. I have to diet constantly and spend hours in gyms, rings and dojos each week as well as stretch whenever I can. And I do this all while in college and writing, working and having a social life. ...Of course, right now, I'm just chilling due to a back injury (never powerlift when a girl who hits a lot of your kinks is training nearby and you're prone to Distracted by the Sexy, let me just tell you that now).
Why did you open this?!? ARGH! Anyways, feel free to post links and pics and videos and whatever in here. In fact; even if you find it fun, kinky or whatever but think I or others won't, you should post in here. I'll comment and stuff, since I'm always looking for new things to enjoy. Not meant to be a Double Entendre, really.
Oh, and anything linked below may be spoiler-ish and/or kinky in various ways and/or other offensive stuff. You've been warned.
- Because it was getting too kinky and only really about one kink down there, here's an AMV of Baccano! Best anime...about gangsters in the 1930's...ever. - Darkclaw
- Here's a Baccano! girl who if you do not know, I will be filled with shame:
- Yay! Thanks so much Dhana! :) - Darkclaw
- If you keep posting this stuff, my head will asplode. Do you really want that? I kinda do... - Darkclaw
- As a side-note, Freya looks like a somewhat less scarred Gender Flipped version of me without glasses. - Darkclaw
- All those video games the kids are into today:
- Street Fighter X Tekken -
- Comic Con Cinematic Trailer...Poison is all skinny in this cinematic, oh well. She's still hawt.
- Another Comic Con trailer....but with gameplay! GASP! Poison looks hotter in this vid to me for some reason...her abs at 0:58, of course.
- Moar Poison. Do not have a fetish for her, like at all. Especially not her buffed up redesign, and I definitely care about that She's a Man in Japan. And Julia is in the video...yay. She looks cute but hot and deadly when she strikes and her muscles get all tensed up. I am a pervy guy. Deal with it.
- Street Fighter X Tekken -
- Surprisingly, nothing associated with any fetish of mine. Or does it? Like Cornelia, Euphemia and Cecile. Obviously an Averted Trope here...obviously. - goes off to find fan art of them that hits even more kinks of mine -
- How could Google fail me?!? I search "cornelia code geass" [insert fetishes here which I ain't telling you reading for the lulz] and I get nothing back fitting those kinks. What the hell, Google? I thought you had everything I ever needed. - Darkclaw
- Hi? Excuse me. Just, uhm, walking along. Don't know what to do here. Someone told me to put a trope here. So, uhm... Rule of Funny for you.
|Hey there, My Friend! How have you been doing? I haven't seen you in a while, so I thought I'd deface your page :D ~Dhana Ragnarok|
- Posted back, hope you are doing awesome!
- ALWAYS!~ Now back to Sexy Captain Curse :p ~Dhana Ragnarok
If you somehow read this entire page, congratulations! *Clapping*
...If you didn't read this entire page, you have saved a lot of time of your life.