Hi there! I'm Dammerung.
I've got a BA in Philosophy with a minor in Ethics from Stetson University, and I'm an ordained minister. You can usually find me lurking around threads about religion and reality. I'm into Gnosticism, post-modernism, and anything that pisses off The Man. I love folklore, mythology, and urban legends - storytelling of all kinds in all media. I'm an irrepressible contrarian and I believe if you've offended someone, you've likely said something true.
If you want to contact me, just AIM angeluscruentus and I'll be there. Or maybe I won't.
Tropes I'd use to describe myself...
- AB Negative
- A God Am I: My interpretation of the universal message underlying all religions
- Ascend to a Higher Plane of Existence: Why try for anything less?
- Black and Grey Morality: There are only ever evil men, but some of them are on opposite sides.
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Church Militant
- Combat Pragmatist
- Common Eye Colors: blue
- Fiery Redhead
- The Heretic
- He Who Fights Monsters: Alucard is wrong. Only monsters have the power necessary to defeat other monsters. History is a blind alley of oppression and war - the best we can achieve is fighting the very worst monsters and striving to be a little less evil.
- Hot-Blooded: I give it my all even when wildly inappropriate - like in mini golf.
- Jerkass: Most people give up trying to reason with me about the time I announce
- Barack Obama is George W Bush in blackface.
- That the Nazis were totally justified in starting WWII (though they did later cross the Moral Event Horizon with the Holocaust. After all, Jews were valuable to German society - many were professionals - doctors, lawyers, engineers. Who would take a ship full of steel and intentionally sink it in war time?)
- That modern Christianity is a hollow mockery of what early Christians believed.
- That Western attitudes towards pubescent sex are hardly universal, and the age of adulthood is as low as 12 or 13 in some cultures.
- That homeless people should either be given basic food, clothing, and shelter or gassed.
- That the Soviet Socialist road system has totally destroyed America's neighborhoods and culture.
- Magical Realism: If God does not show up to put a stop to something you're doing, you're not trying hard enough.
- Gnosticism: My favored religion.
- Karma Houdini: I can talk, manipulate, or bald-faced lie my way out of just about anything.
- Knight Templar: Political power comes out of the barrel of a gun. Rights are not granted to man by governments, they are seized at gunpoint
- Morality Pet: The girlfriend
- Psychic Powers: It's a mystery even to myself.
- Reality Warper: We all are, to a greater or lesser extent. The goal is to move up on that continuum.
- Troubled, but Cute
- Tsundere: Type A, the male kind. I must glare and fight my way through life.
- Villain Protagonist: Some people are do-gooders, doing good deeds for a just cause. I'm a do-badder. I do bad deeds for a just cause.
I'm a fan of...
- Elfen Lied
- Ergo Proxy
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Hellsing: Particularly the OVA. I love a series with the balls to go Full Nazi
- The Matrix
- The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Revolutionary Girl Utena
- Rosario To Vampire: Fanservice Good
- Serial Experiments Lain
- Zero No Tsukaima: I deeply sympathize with Louise
- Chrono Trigger
- Secret Of Mana
- Silent Hill
- Soul Calibur: Friend me as Hypsiphrone
- Xenogears and Xenosaga
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Warhammer40000: For the Emperor!
- Philip K Dick, HP Lovecraft, Umberto Ecco, Robert Anton Wilson, Kafka and all the like
Quick! Pick a side!
Ravenclaw, Malkavian, Palestine, the Confederacy, Oz, Shevat, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, Ormus, White Court, Browncoats, Ron Paul, Rohan