I tend to listen more than I talk, read more than I watch, and I live in Kansas City.
I also tend to lose track of where I am in conversations, so Captain Obvious helps me focus.
Part of this page is used as a Sand Box, so don't believe everything. Especially the page layout.
Personal Note: I finally got the COVID-19 shot August 3rd, 2021.
Volunteer Computing Projects Involved In:
- WU Prop (in the process of retiring March 2022)
Tropes Applied To Daily Life:
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: If you talk to me, expect some... 'zoning out'.... (Especially if I feel the conversation is a monologue; which usually involve things I don't feel an interest in.)
- Autism: Diagnosed as an adult, November 2021. (Reportedly, an "Adult" diagnosis is rare.) I also have "social anxiety", which would make 'new conversation' even more of an achievement.
- Captain Obvious: This really helps me, especially if you want to "joke around" (e.g. "Hey, let's have fun.")
- Facial Scruff: It occasionally happens.
- Go Mad from the Revelation: Consider— you're reading a page, see a really good example, nod to yourself... then realize YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THOUGHT THAT WAY IF YOU HADN'T READ IT. And you realize someone really thinks that way! (Even if it makes sense....)
- Headphones Equal Isolation: "I support this message."
- The "honest" version: I like listening to the radio, over starting a conversation. If you see me take at least one earbud out on my own, that means I 'really' want to talk/say "hi"/find out how you're doing. At least I've noticed you are there....
- Must Have Caffeine: gimme-gimme-gimme....
- Not Good with People: Type: Shy. It's Not You, It's Me. (See: I'm autistic, so...)
- Spoiler: I think "What's the script?", and very much aware that I don't actually know what the 'script' is for interpersonal interaction. I don't do well with being by myself (as in, no interaction at all; but as long as I'm 'in charge'...).
- Romantic Asexual: Dating is fine, but...
- Soul-Sucking Retail Job: Started thinking of some of my jobs as this.
- Video Games:
- Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates: I personally insist it's called Rings Of Fate. (Partially through forgetting.)
- Final Fantasy II: Flip!Cell Phone version; no bonus dungeons.
- Final Fantasy: Incomplete, reached level 25 and the canoe. (Also flip phone.)
- Final Fantasy Brave Exvius: Made it partway through Global season two (Getting ready for the Orders Tourney) before the switch to 64-bit Android; my devices (at the time) used the 32-bit versions of 7.1.2 OS. Now playing again.
- Web Comic:
Where To Find Me:
Currently Watching/Have Watched
- PBS/KCPT 19
- Anime & Manga
- Web Comic:
Trope Pages Started By Me:
Work Tabs Started By Me:
- Quotes.Sherlock Special The Abominable Bride
- Recap.All In The Family S 4 E 19 Glorias Boyfriend
- Trivia.Manifold Time
- TearJerker.Under Heaven
- TearJerker.Time Enough For Love
- Recap.The TRY Channel
- Trivia.That Hideous Strength
- Characters.Under Heaven
- Awesome.Under Heaven
- Funny.Under Heaven
- YMMV.Under Heaven
- Fridge.Under Heaven
- Headscratchers.Battle Ground 2020
- Headscratchers.Storm Front
Work Pages Launched:
- Literature.The Enchantment Emporium
- Anime.Ojisan And Marshmallow
- Creator.Robert B Parker
- WebVideo.The TRY Channel