Well now... where to begin? Besides stating the online alias that I chose to be identified as?
Crusador. Aspiring and budding game designer and computer graphics artist. Now... how did I get here? Was linked here to an article on an Escapist forum topic about a particular type of foe in video gaming.
My primary hobby is, and always has been, video games; and I consider myself an Ace Video Gamer. I'm a geeky male now in my twenties who has played video games since the NES and Genesis and when the MS-DOS was the go-to PC for games. I also have other hobbies including: Anime, Comic books, action films, firearms, computer hardware, and photography.
Admittedly, while I am one of 'those' people who spend far too much time on this website for their own good, TV tropes is a decent information source for various topics, including those which I find myself to be fascinated in, such as sociological perspectives that differ by nationality and what have you. This is one of many places for which I research, obtain, and observe information at whatever catches my fancy. (Though as nice as it is to have the internet at your fingertips, some "data" is best left alone, never to be accessed by anyone... *AHEM*). At times, I think this site is taken for granted, given the exploration that topics and tropes of massive range are given. I have even been inspired to write articles of my own on more specific topics that have acquired my attention at times. Not necessarily any pages on T Vtropes.org (Yet, at least).
Well I suppose that is it, then. Unless one wants a summary of some of the other aspects of my personality in trope form:
- Above the Influence - Reason and rationale should take charge over impulsive desires. You could say my mindset is at Asexuality, but my experience with the matter renders my assessment on this issue inconclusive.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!- Yes, I have ADHD. Helps in some ways, and hurts and others.
- Berserk Button - Admittedly, I've developed an aversion to romance in nearly all of its forms and has a lowe tolerance for them, whether it is watching that smoopy happy couple I pass by on campus or that romantic-sideplot thrown in for the sake of it. It just bothers me quite alot.
- Brilliant, but Lazy - I'm often told of my potentials. Pity it is a struggle for that motivation to cultivate them.
- But Not Too Black - My caramel skin contrasts with my siblings and some of my relatives.
- Celibate - Choosing to ignore the opposite sex was not a hard decision. I don't get that much attention anyhoo.
- Chaotic Good - Good deeds should not always be defined by who makes the rules. Sometimes, you'll have to break them to help someone.
- Compelling Voice/No Indoor Voice - When I speak, I am heard. Many times too well in that it drowns out everyone else.
- Deadpan Snarker - I have those moments of wit, though I'm not necessarily that cynical.
- Geek - One of many on this site.
- Gratuitous Japanese- Soundly Averted. As poor as my incentive is to actually learn the Japanese language and incomplete as my skill with it is, I have long since outgrown use of it when not needed.
- Genius Sweet Tooth - I need to regulate my consumption of sugar based foods. Love that much needed boost though!
- Keet - I love to lighten the mood and look on the bright side of things.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen - I love a good challenge, whether it is a heated battle in Street Fighter IV, a clever game of chess, or a casual game of basketball and tennis.
- Le Parkour - Another little hobby of mine. Defying the stereotype of the geek, I consider myself physically fit enough to try this!
- Loners Are Freaks - I have much fewer social contacts, online and physical, than your average joe. And I dislike partaking in online communities yet here I am.
- Nerds Are Virgins - I am unconcerned with that "virgin" label. Pursuing romance is no longer a priority for me, stereotypes be damned.
- Run, Don't Walk - Normally, I'm always running to where I need to go.
- Scary Black Guy- Subverted. I can be, but I'm rarely at that level of anger to be that intimidating.
- Sophisticated as Hell - Yes indeed.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist - Even when times are rough, I still seem more laidback than I should be.