Welcome to the troper page of Commander Ace, also known as Commando Thor or just Thor. I've had a particular interest in English classes during my school years and have always enjoyed film and literature. When I stumbled upon a little website called TV Tropes, I didn't know what I was getting into at first. Once I took a look around, I realized the site's goal of discussing and dissecting stories was a perfect fit for me. After spending a long time getting lost among tropes, I decided to join the effort and can proudly call myself a troper.
I have a variety of interests that include American Kenpo Karate (Which I have a Black Belt in), drawing, reading, playing video games, watching film and cartoons, acting, doing voice impersonations and even writing. You can find me frequenting the pages of works I enjoy making contributions and even in the forums.
Here's some other tidbits about me:
Works that appeal to me:
- Star Wars
- Indiana Jones
- Pixar films such as Toy Story and The Incredibles
- Alien and Aliens and to a far lesser degree, Alien³
- Predator and to an extent, its sequels.
- The Dark Knight, along with most Batman media in general.
- The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- The Thing
- Jurassic Park and its book counterpart.
- Pulp Fiction
- Apocalypse Now
- Men in Black
- Wayne's World
- Ghostbusters (1984)
- Various slasher series such as Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Child's Play
- TV and Animation:
- The Simpsons (Mostly the first 8-10 seasons)
- DC Animated Universe
- Breaking Bad
- The Twilight Zone
- Young Justice
- The Spectacular Spider-Man
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, particularly the 2003 incarnation and the original live-action film.
- Ed, Edd n Eddy
- Spongebob Squarepants (The first four seasons mostly)
- The Powerpuff Girls
- Literature and Comics:
- Video Games:
- I'm very big on LEGO and collecting sets and minifigures.
Tropes that I feel apply to me:
- Asperger Syndrome: Im an aspie.
- Badass Baritone / Evil Sounds Deep: I have a particularly deep voice which someone once likened to Kevin Conroy, which is especially prominent whenever I do voice roles.
- Deadpan Snarker: I have a very sarcastic sense of humor.
- Department of Redundancy Department: I often tend to overexplain or make things longer than they need to be. This often manifests in me writing long walls of text.
- Large Ham / Evil Is Hammy: My acting tends to lean towards this.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: I have a surprisingly wide range which I use to surprise people on occasion.
- Narrator: Thanks to my voice, I often get asked to do speaking roles in reading sessions with people and even did narration for my high school TV program. This was further elevated in college, where my fellow students in my film studies program often utilized my services as a narrator or voice over artist.
- Shrinking Violet: Im the first to admit Im a terribly shy person.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: I'm somewhere in the middle and if I write anything, I tend to gravitate it towards there. In short, I acknowledge the world and people can be crappy and unfair, but that doesn't give anyone an excuse to be constantly bitter and not do anything to improve it.
- Typecasting: Usually as a narrator, villain or deep voiced character in what few acting roles Ive had.
- We never grow up, we only learn how to act in public.Bryan White