So, I guess I should say who or what I am, right?
Well, allegedly I am a 27 year old human being from 21th century Europe, Earth, Local Bubble, Orion Spiral Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Eä.
I am currently a grad student, and I am having a blast so far! I especially like that it allows me to travel the world, listen to interesting talks by interesting people, and occasionally even give my own contributions :) EDIT: I now graduated from my doctorate programme.
When I am not working on some ridiculously close research deadline, I spend way too much time on the TV Tropes forums. Other than that, I spend my free time cooking, reading narrative (science fiction and/or fantasy, mostly), working on small coding projects I always get bored of before they are finished, reading scientific trivia, jogging or sleeping. I like sleeping.
I watch no TV at all, but I read far too many webcomics for my own good.
Tropes that might apply to me:
- Absent Minded Grad Student
- The Illegible
- Bowties Are Cool - sometimes. Other times, I prefer a simple, good necktie.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist
- Outdated Outfit - quite often. Many of my favorite items of clothing are inherited from my grandpa, after all...
- Wild Hair
- Differently Sane Mathematician - not really mad, I hope. But I can be kind of, well, focused at times.
Feel free to add whatever you feel like adding.
- You are one of my favorite tropers in OTC; people like you who can discuss things they don't believe in just as readily as those who do are far too rare. -Vericrat
- I don't always agree with you, but you're interesting to talk to and teach me quite a few new and cool things! - kay4today
- I decided to drop in and leave a vandalization. Nice fellow, you are. - That One Guy Named X
- hello. you're one of the ones who influences how i think. thank you. - Passerby
- You're the first person whose page I've vandalized, so forgive me if I break everything in the process... But I had to tell you that I think you're awesome. I imagine you're your avatar, only human. (Or are you?) A perfect gentleman. -Alma
- You are a very smart and articulate fellow, and a very nice one, too. Keep being awesome. :) -Mobile Leprechaun