Trans-girl who loves music and shit. If this page shows anything, I must be pretty self indulgent as well.
- Between the Buried and Me
- Nine Inch Nails
- The Mars Volta
- Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Personal Hall of Fame (Favourite people)
Top 10 Albums1. King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
2. Converge - Jane Doe
3. Edge of Sanity - Crimson
4. The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
5. Opeth - Blackwater Park
6. John Fahey - Fare Forward Voyagers (Soldier's Choice)
10. Steve Reich - Structures From Silence
Top 10 Films1. 2001: A Space Odyssey (dir. Stanley Kubrick)
Top 5 Books1. Tao Te Ching
Top 10 Video Games1. The Legend of Zelda
Top 10 Shows (Western Animation & Live-Action TV)1. Six Feet Under
2. Planet Earth
3. Breaking Bad
4. Twin Peaks
5. Brass Eye
6. The X-Files
Top 15 Anime1. Revolutionary Girl Utena
6. Cowboy Bebop
Top 5 Manga1. Berserk
- Big Eater
- Browser Narcotic: Many websites can be this to me, including the obvious.
- Cuddle Bug
- Deadpan Snarker
- Enraged by Idiocy
- Genre Savvy: Thanks, rateyourmusic... Pricks...
- The Idealist
- Innocently Insensitive: Probably?
- Motor Mouth
- Not Good with People
- No Social Skills: And how :')
- Self-Deprecation: Goes almost without saying.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism vs. Cynicism: All over the scale.
Favourite Tropes (W.I.P)
- Author Tract
- Badass Baritone
- Brick Joke
- Comically Missing the Point
- Concept Album
- Darker and Edgier
- Deconstruction: Probably as cringy as you might think it sounds, but when done well, I can get really drawn to this sorta thing.
- Favourite Deconstructive media: Bojack Horseman (Sitcom/celebrity decon & more)); Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (Serial Killer Villain Protagonist decon); House of Leaves (Horror decon); Hunter × Hunter (Shounen decon); The Incredibles (Superhero decon); Metal Gear Solid games (where to start?...); Revolutionary Girl Utena (Magical Girl decon); Spec Ops: The Line (First-Person Shooter decon); The Truman Show (Reality TV decon)
- Doing It for the Art: One word. Fugazi.
- Drone of Dread
- Epic Rocking: Goes almost without saying considering Dream Theater were one of my first favourite bands. Favourites include:
- Edge of Sanity - "Crimson" (40:00)
- We All Die (Laughing) - "Thoughtscan" (33:07)
- The Mars Volta - "Cassandra Gemini" (32:32)
- X Japan - "Art of Life" (29:00)
- Dream Theater - "Octavarium" (24:00), "A Change of Seasons" (23:08)
- Pink Floyd - "Echoes" (23:31), "Dogs" (17:03)
- Meshuggah - "I" (21:00)
- Opeth - "Black Rose Immortal" (20:14)
- Rush - "Cygnus X-1 Book II - Hemispheres" (18:07)
- Between the Buried and Me - "Swim to the Moon" (17:54)
- Shining - "Total utrysning" (16:46)
- Everything Is an Instrument
- Gainax Ending
- Genre Tropes
- Genre-Busting / Genre Roulette / Neoclassical Punk Zydeco Rockabilly: Faves include The Beatles, Beck, Björk, Candiria, Cardiacs, David Bowie, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Frank Zappa, John Zorn, Magma, Mr. Bungle, Nick Cave, Prince, Public Image Ltd., The Residents, Shiina Ringo, Sigh, Swans, Talking Heads, Tom Waits, Ulver, Ween
- Genre Shift / Song Style Shift / Out-of-Genre Experience
- Gilligan Cut
- Gratuitous English: Engrish in Anime, especially on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
- Hypocritical Humour
- Insane Troll Logic
- Last Note Nightmare
- Lead Bassist: Type A, or D
- Lead Drummer
- Lighter and Softer: Depends on context and how it's used. Favourite examples being:
- Longest Song Goes Last
- Man of a Thousand Voices
- Mind Screw
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Favourite bands from each level:
- Mohs Scale of Violence Hardness
- Refuge in Audacity: When done well. This can often turn out rather poorly if not disastrously though. Applies similarly to True Art Is Angsty.
- Rule of Symbolism
- Scary Musician, Harmless Music: The inverted variant of this
- Scenery Porn
- Sensory Abuse: Depends on context or use, and sometimes goes in tandem with Mind Screw
- Shout-Out / Take That!
- Shown Their Work
- Something Completely Different
- Soprano and Gravel
- Soundtrack Dissonance
- Surreal Humor
- Widget Series