Hello. My screen name is Androgeos, although I used "Altiris" as a screen name for quite some time. I live in Singapore, and my hobbies are using the computer, writing, eating and doing nothing.
Since this is TV Tropes, I've decided to describe myself by doing it like a regular article, and in a fashion that nobody should ever take seriously. I hope it helps.
This contributor has created the following articles:
This contributor provides examples of:
- Always Second Best: I never aim to be first, because everyone else is aiming for first. I gun for second, and I find it much easier to get.
- Captain Oblivious: Was called this after annoying too many Internet users over my lack of knowledge regarding anything that is mainstream. It's not as if I want to know, anyway.
- Chaotic Good / Chaotic Neutral: I waffle between Type 1 Chaotic Good and Type 4 Chaotic Neutral. Rule of thumb: if I'm thinking or not feeling happy, I'm much closer to the latter. Only when I'm in very high spirits and not thinking that much am I closer to the former.
- Death Glare: My normal flat facial expression appears to be this.
- Determined Defeatist: I come from a line of laymen who have a can-do approach to everything. Mix that with the way I tend to look at things and you get this.
- Forgetful Jones: Just look at my edit history! Very often, I spot other errors in an article only after I submit my first edit.
- Hype Aversion: In my dictionary, the definition of "mainstream" is the same as the definition of "rubbish".
- Insult Backfire: Having been called a moron, a lunatic and oblivious by members of the Internet communities I visit, I now regard these adjectives as compliments if they are directed at me.
- The Lancer: I'm forever envious of people in positions of great power, but I dislike being placed in a similar position. I also like to work alone to help a team. I can work in a team, of course, but I doubt I would be just as effective.
- Literal-Minded: When I first came out on the Internet, I was pretty much this. I've managed to distance myself a little from this trope in recent months, but jokes and comments made in Sarcasm Mode to me may still fall flat on occasion.
- Motor Mouth: I've occasionally been told in person that I speak too fast. On a personal note, I cannot recite the first two paragraphs of the invoked trope's article without taking three very deep breaths.
- No Social Skills: Enough to be on neutral terms with almost everybody I speak to, but not enough to sympathise with or befriend them.
- Perpetual Frowner: Unfortunately, my flat face is also comes off like this, even to myself.
- The Quiet One: I don't like talking, especially when I'm doing something else (which is basically everything else).
- Reasonable Authority Figure: I consider rule-bending to be something that needs to be done when the situation needs it. Like how Dettol boasts that it can kill a percentage of germs when you use it, 99.9% of scenarios do not require it. That's my take on this, at least.