Hi there! Now I'm not sure if there's an albatross around my neck, or if I'm the albatross. My name is Lucas, and I'm a sixteen year-old about-to-be junior in high school. I intend on majoring in Psychology with a minor in Gender Studies or another comparable minor. I'm going to place a heavy focus on Social Psychology classes because those are where my interests lie. Hailing from a small town in Texas, I actually don't own a pair of (admittedly tacky) cowboy boots. I do, however, own a cute little frame on my dresser that says Lucas means "determined and poetic" in Latin. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but it reflects my personality well. Or at least I think so.
- All of the Other Reindeer: I never seem to fit in anywhere, not even on the internet.
- The Anti-Nihilist: I strive whole-heartedly to embody this, but sometimes my stringent pessimism and depressive tendencies get in the way.
- Berserk Button: People who violate my privacy, people who readily succumb to their circumstances, people who sympathize stupidity and people who stereotype me, themselves, and/or other people.
- Character Tics: I rub my nose or some other part of my face when anxious/perturbed. I also have a bad stutter when I'm irritated or overstimulated, which can lead to some rather Narmy moments.
- Gay Best Friend: I often feel pigeonholed by others into playing the part, much to my chagrin.
- I Just Want to Be Beautiful: I have a mild case of BDD, and I feel that I must uphold the "positive" stereotypes of a gay guy.
- In Love with Love: Guilty as charged, I have a penchant to romanticize relationships and Love Interests.
- Knight in Sour Armor
- The Quiet One: I'm excessively self-conscious about what comes out of my mouth, so more often than not I opt to not say anything at all. If I sense weakness, however, I won't hesitate to put my two cents in.
- Self-Deprecation: My humor of choice.
- Stepford Snarker
- Team Dad: This is the role I most often play in group relationships.
- Weight Woe: I have a bad habit of watching my weight and calorie intake like a hawk.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: When I was younger, I felt as if I needed to serve others in order to be accepted.