Greetings. My name is Ajoura, I'm an inactive reader from until 2012 and a contibutor from 2016 onwards.
I live in Russia, in Moscow, so what are you gonna do about it. I have a university degree in Biotechnology, and I am also a certified Russian-English technical translator. Currently, I work as a medical translator. My hobbies are various sports (cycling, skiing, swimming, powerlifting), anime and video games, especially obscure ones. Someday I will write articles about all visual works I like.
My main hobby, though, is music. I am a trained pianist, self-taught multi-instrumentalist and a homebrew music producer. I started making music in 2008, released several Genre Roulette albums, then started establishing my Signature Style in the end of 2015 after two years of genre-researching, and is now working in one direction. My utmost favourite music styles are South-Eastern Asian music, European Renaissance music, as well as instrumental Easy Listening music (classical-styled); I also like catchy melodies, unusual instruments and genre experiments.
I was the active contributor of Russian Lurkmore wiki and wrote 33 articles mostly about music and memes. Then I lost all interest in it because of its Russophobic and overall bitter cynical tendencies. Now I am here, with positive views and burning eyes.
If you wish to contact me, you may visit me at Youtube, Vk.com or MyAnimeList. I do not like Facebook, rarely visit Twitter (though I also can be found there), am not good with Reddit and avoid Tumblr, so the only ways to find me are these.
Thanks for reading all this. I wish you have a good day today.
Most favourite works of this troper, present on TV Tropes:
- Anime: Galaxy Express 999, Master Keaton, Galaxy Angel, Real Drive, Sugar Sugar Rune, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
- Films: Amélie, A Clockwork Orange, Kin-Dza-Dza, The Green Elephant
- Musical genres: Ambient, Avant Garde Music, Easy Listening, Instrumental music, New Age, Progressive Rock
- Literature and graphic novels: A Song of Ice and Fire, Naked Lunch, Transmetropolitan, Discworld
- Video Games: Dwarf Fortress, Arcanum, .flow, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Dungeon Keeper, Darwinia, Ghost Master, Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines
This troper provides examples of:
- Agent Scully: Tries to verify or throw away every hypothesis he counters. On this note, does not believe in esotherics, superstitions or any gods.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Was bullied in school. Getting better now and actually became immune to real-life bullying.
- The Anti-Nihilist: Zig-zagged, borderline with The Idealist or even Wide-Eyed Idealist. This troper believes that happiness is the only goal in life, and does not believe the world is bad; it's great, and it's just the people who try to make it bad are not worthy any attention from other people.
- Berserk Button: Borderline with Hair-Trigger Temper. For example:
- People talking loudly.
- When someone sings off-tune;
- Works and people who openly disrespect Russia, Russian people or Russian culture.
- Sadistic, manipulative, aggressive, or just snarky female characters. This is justified: see Casual Kink and Values Dissonance below.
- Magitek, Magic from Technology and other works propagating pseudo-science.
- Left-wing liberals.
- Wise Beyond Their Years fictional characters with no viable justifications of their personality.
- Filthy rich characters or people. Except if they donate really big amounts of money on charity.
- Can Not Tell A Lie: Is pathologically honest and utterly hates liars, as an addition to Berserk Buttons listed above.
- Casual Kink: Openly has a... thing for Proper Tights with a Skirt and all implications. From until his early teens.
- Chaotic Good: Is not bad person at all, but is also very impulsive and can trash his plans and everyone's plans to do something crazy useful.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Leave him alone for a while, and he will go adrift.
- The Determinator: Does not like challenges too much, but when is presented one, this troper will finish it.
- Friendless Background: As consequences of this troper's lifestyle. It is hard to have friends when you hate yourself, work for pennies and search for yourself for three years.
- Hates Being Touched: Also qualifies as a result of this troper's lifestyle.
- I Am the Band: Ajoura is not a band, but a name of the sole man who plays clarinet, guitar, contrabass, piano and various other musical instruments (especially keyboards and woodwinds). And also composes, records and mixes all his pieces.
- Doing It for the Art: The sole reason why this troper does not want to work as a musician.
- Quality over Quantity: When a full-time work day have finally hit this troper, he decided to switch to this production mode.
- Revolving Door Band: Basically, the set-up of clarinet, guitar, contrabass and piano. Add whatever you wish, it'll still sound like Ajoura.
- Record Producer: The DIY type, records his music himself, alone.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: When you work at the lab and is trying to find your place in the world when not on work, you would want to have friends too.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: Slowly becoming this instead of Master of None in terms of musical instruments playing.
- Literal-Minded: Answers all rhetorical questions and pulls abstract concepts into reality.
- Love Freak: While on his positive-thinking flow.
- Might Makes Right: One of the main ideologies of this troper. With the addition of that everyone can gain the might to be right.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: Is not a bad person. Just a little bit strange.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong: Tries to fit with the stereotype: likes cold weather and is stronger than average.
- Motor Mouth: Can wind up and start shooting barrages of words if overexcited and/or nervous.
- My Country, Right or Wrong: Holds this lifestyle, even though his views sometimes contradict with official ones.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Likes really dark and grim things, like horror stories, gothic style and creepy music genres.
- The Perfectionist: Constantly defied: as Russian proverb says, "None seeks good from good". Sometimes, though, defying goes in vain, and the perfectionist roots are played straight.
- Patriotic Fervor: Not to extremes, since this troper recognises that his country and politics are not perfect. Yet he's rooting fully for them, since this is where he belongs to, after all.
- Picky Eater: While this is played to extremes. Overlaps with Paranoia Fuel in the "someone could poison this food" setup.
- Sacrificed Social Life for Ability to Play Various Musical Instruments
- Silly Rabbit, Cynicism Is for Losers!: A main doctrine of this troper, which leads him on his way to remove his cynical old ego.
- Surprisingly Good English: Learns English from the age of four and is a professional medical translator.
- Talkative Loon: Ask him about anything he likes, and he will flow like a river.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: A strong supporter of this idea.
- Values Dissonance: Dislikes strong women, defies so-called political correctness, has a patriarchal, conservative and strictly heteronormative views. This is a normal behaviour for a Russian.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer...: Is prone to solve various things with pliers, superglue, baking soda, duct tape and a rotary tool.
- Yandere: Not only this troper is very, very jealous, but he just likes the concept of yandere.