Greetings. My name is Ajoura, I'm an inactive reader from until 2012 and a contibutor from 2016 onwards.
I live in Russia, in Moscow, so what are you gonna do about it. I have a university degree in Biotechnology, and I am also a certified Russian-English technical translator. Currently I am working as an R&D specialist. My hobbies are various sports (cycling, skiing, swimming, powerlifting), anime and video games, especially obscure ones. Someday I will write articles about all visual works I like.
My main hobby, though, is music. I am a trained pianist, self-taught multi-instrumentalist and a music producer. I started making music in 2008, released several Genre Roulette albums, then started establishing my Signature Style in the end of 2015 after two years of genre-researching, and is now working in one direction. My utmost favourite music styles are European Renaissance, South-Eastern Asian and Brazilian music; I also like catchy melodies, unusual instruments and genre experiments.
I was the active contributor of Russian Lurkmore wiki and wrote 33 articles mostly about music and memes. Then I lost all interest in it because of its Russophobic and overall bitter cynical tendencies. Now I am here, with positive views and burning eyes.
If you wish to contact me, you may visit me at YouTube, Vk.com or MyAnimeList. I do not like Facebook, rarely visit Twitter (though I also can be found there), is not good with Reddit and avoid Tumblr, so the only ways to find me are these.
Thanks for reading all this. I wish you have a good day today.
Most favourite works of this troper, present on TV Tropes:
- Anime: Galaxy Express 999, Master Keaton, Galaxy Angel, Real Drive, Sugar Sugar Rune, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
- Films: Amélie, A Clockwork Orange, Kin-Dza-Dza, The Green Elephant
- Musical genres: Ambient, Avant Garde Music, Instrumental music, New Age, Progressive Rock
- Literature and graphic novels: A Song of Ice and Fire, Naked Lunch, Transmetropolitan, Discworld
- Video Games: Dwarf Fortress, Arcanum, .flow, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Dungeon Keeper, Darwinia, Ghost Master, Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines
This troper provides examples of:
- Absent-Minded Researcher: Is always deep in thought, and not only at work.
- Agent Scully: Tries to verify or throw away every hypothesis he counters. On this note, does not believe in esotherics, superstitions or any gods.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Was bullied in school. Getting better now and actually became immune to real-life bullying.
- The Anti-Nihilist: Zig-zagged, borderline with The Idealist or even Wide-Eyed Idealist. This troper believes that happiness is the only goal in life, and does not believe the world is bad; it's great, and it's just the people who try to make it bad are not worthy any attention from other people.
- Berserk Button: Borderline with Hair-Trigger Temper. For example:
- Please, never shout at this troper indoors. It makes him really angry.
- Some musical berserk buttons:
- Works and people who openly disrespect Russia, Russian people or Russian culture.
- Sadistic, manipulative, aggressive, or just snarky female characters. This is justified: see Casual Kink and Values Dissonance below.
- Magitek, Magic from Technology and other works about analyzing anti-scientific things like magic.
- Neo-liberalist politics.
- Wise Beyond Their Years characters with no viable justifications of their personality.
- Filthy rich characters or people. Except if they donate really big amounts of money on charity.
- And, in the end: he really dislikes when an unidentified third person is referred as "they". It is not "they", it is a single person, and no matter what do one thinks about "it".
- Can Not Tell A Lie: Is pathologically honest and utterly hates liars, as an addition to Berserk Buttons listed above.
- Casual Kink: Openly has a... thing for Proper Tights with a Skirt and all implications. From until his early teens.
- Chaotic Good: Is not bad person at all, but is also very impulsive and can trash his plans and everyone's plans to do something crazy useful.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Leave him alone for a while, and he will go adrift.
- Deadpan Snarker: Played straight and defied: this troper is a snarker, but hates himself for this and tries not to snark like a jerk.
- The Determinator: Does not like challenges too much, but when is presented one, this troper will finish it.
- Digital Piracy Is Okay: Media distribution in Russia means you have to deal with high (for Russian market) prices for video games and absolute lack of official dubs nearly everywhere, except films and some other media in several cases. So, piracy (or, more positively, free information) is widespread in Russia and is frowned upon only by money-grabbing executives.
- Friendless Background: As consequences of this troper's lifestyle. It is hard to have friends when you hate yourself, work for pennies and search for yourself for three years.
- HeelFace Revolving Door: Went from a positive-minded schoolkid to a bitter, cynical and antisocial university student, then back to a positive-minded guy. Still retaining some non-social traits, but is getting better.
- I Am the Band: Ajoura is not a band, it's one guy who plays bandolimnote , classical guitar, contrabass, drum kit and mellotron. He also plays other instruments, which serve as guests. And also composes, records and mixes all his pieces.
- Bizarre Instrument: Downplayed: he plays not bizarre, but unusual and uncommon instruments.
- Doing It for the Art: The sole reason why this troper does not want to work as a musician.
- Genre Mashup: This troper's so tired of trying to classify his music, he simply calls it New Age.
- Quality over Quantity: When a full-time work day have finally hit this troper, he decided to switch to this production mode.
- Record Producer: The DIY type, records his music himself, alone.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: When you work at the lab and is trying to find your place in the world when not on work, you would want to have friends too.
- Jack of All Trades: Slowly becoming this instead of Master of None in terms of musical instruments playing.
- Literal-Minded: Answers all rhetorical questions and pulls abstract concepts into reality.
- Love Freak: While on his positive-thinking flow.
- Mad Scientist: Is an actual scientist and is a bit deranged.
- Misunderstood Loner with a Heart of Gold: Is not a bad person. Just a little bit strange.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong: Tries to fit with the stereotype: likes cold weather and is stronger than average.
- Motor Mouth: Can wind up and start shooting barrages of words if overexcited and/or nervous.
- My Country, Right or Wrong: Is a moderate patriot of Russia, but not in a political way. And no matter what liberals would say, this troper will still believe his country is not as bad as it presented sometimes.
- Nervous Wreck: With Twitchy Eye complete. His lifestyle of mixing professional work with self-searching made him into this.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Likes really dark and grim things, like horror stories, gothic style and creepy music genres.
- The Perfectionist: Constantly defied: as Russian proverb says, "None seeks good from good". Sometimes, though, defying goes in vain, and the perfectionist roots are played straight.
- Picky Eater: To extremes. Overlaps with Paranoia Fuel in the "someone could poison this food" setup.
- Reclusive Artist: Became one of these in his living conditions.
- Rousseau Was Right: Part of his philosophy is that no evil person is born evil, and he/she could be turned good. With a little bit of torture.
- Sacrificed Social Life for Ability to Play Various Musical Instruments
- Silly Rabbit, Cynicism Is for Losers!: A main doctrine of this troper, which leads him on his way to remove his cynical old ego.
- Surprisingly Good English: Learns English from the age of four. Yet still, with Funetik Aksent.
- Talkative Loon: Ask him about anything he likes, and he will flow like a river.
- Values Dissonance: Dislikes strong women, defies so-called political correctness, has a patriarchal, conservative and strictly heteronormative views. This is a normal behaviour for a Russian.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer...: Is prone to solve various things with pliers, superglue, clamps, duct tape and a rotary tool.
- Yandere: Not only this troper is very, very jealous, but he just likes the concept of yandere.
- Yuri Fan: Adores yuri genre, especially the one with Schoolgirl Lesbians and huge amount of moe and femininity.