Hey there. Somehow you found me. Oh dear.
I'm Linn (or Thomas, whichever works) from Nevada, I'm genderfluid (you can call me a he, a her, a they, just as long as you don't call me late for dinner), and I am currently attempting to write ideas for a novel, a few webcomics, and a handful of games.
My Twitter, my OTHER Twitter, my Reddit account, my Letterboxd reviews, a playlist of my favorite music and lyric videos, and my exhaustive playlist of shitposts. I used to have a Tumblr, but I don't anymore. Also, I have a Facebook and an Instagram, but I only use them occasionally. I have a Pixiv account and a DeviantArt, but I just use them to bypass the content filters.
Tropes that fit me:
- American Accents: I was born in Henderson, Nevada and I have concluded that my accent is some mix between NorCal and Midwestern because of my tendency to relax syllables and letters like a NorCal accent but otherwise having the "basic" sound of a Midwestern accent. I can also accurately replicate a majority of the accents featured on that page.note
- The Artifact: I call myself a "music shitposter" on Twitter, but I rarely actually shitpost about music.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: I am a very twitchy dude and cannot sit still if my life depended on it, though as far as I'm aware that's just a quirk. It actually goes hand in hand with the below mentioned Super OCD.
- Author Appeal: If you see my Twitter, you will immediately see that I like shitposting about music. If you dig deeper, you'll see that I like muscular people in a horny way and shitposting about music.
- Beige Prose/Purple Prose: I flip-flop between them on social media. Sometimes I don't say much, summing up what I want to say in a sentence or two, but sometimes I post things describing things a lot, like this classy tweet I made.
- Blind Without 'Em: Downplayed; I am extremely near-sighted and can't make anything a yard away from me out without my glasses on.
- Buffy Speak: Oh, do I play the pronoun game well. I also use the phrase "amn't" as opposed to "am not" or "ain't".
- But Not Too Bi: I like anyone as long as they've got muscle, but I prefer women. Doesn't mean I don't still like other genders, though.
- Character Tics: I tend to, in conversations, stop mid-sentence and start hemming and hawing because I don't think of the full sentence at the start, and have to try and catch my train of thought.
- Verbal Tic: I also say "y'know?" at the end of sentences, y'know?
- Deadpan Snarker: I am one in real life, and I reflect that in my social media with all lowercase letters.
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: The YouTube playlists that I've created.
- The Klutz: I am a very clumsy person. Once, I knocked a bowl off a table and it shattered, with the porcelain making me bleed in three places on my feet because I apparently didn't dust pan it well enough; later, when I was about to start vacuuming the last bits, I dropped my handheld vacuum on my toe, cutting my foot again. This all happened within six hours.
- Like Is, Like, a Comma: I'm not proud to admit it, but yeah, I use like as a comma...but only for asking and describing details and not regularly!
- Never Trust a Title: My "inspirational lyric of the week" thread didn't always update every week and only on special occasions were they actually inspirational.
- Perfectly Cromulent Word: Amn't is a contraction of am and not, so it's only kind of an example.
- Self-Deprecation: I like to make fun of myself. A lot. Mostly in the comfort of my own home.
- Sir Swears-a-Lot: I may not look like it at first but then you talk to me and you realize that I am much more cursey than I look. If there's a contest that I'm more of a shoe-in for than Buffy Speak, it's swearing up a gotdamn storm.
- Stylistic Suck: The covers I made for my playlists on Spotify.
- Super OCD: I think I have OCPD, because I like to have my life have order, like my Spotify playlists themed around artists must have their songs in album order and my playlists on Spotify in general must have an even number of songs. I only think that, though, because I've never been to a psychiatrist at all.
An incomplete list of things I enjoy in no particular order:
- OK Go
- Beck, of course.
- Aggressive Retsuko
- Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
- Twenty One Pilots
- Panic! at the Disco
- Spongebob Squarepantsnote
- Bug Martini
- Square Root of Minus Garfield
- Mr. Lovensteinnote
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
- Shows that debunk things in a funny way
- Two Funny Canadians and Their Slovakian Buddy Make Some Actually Pretty Serious Music
- Cookie Runnote
- YouTube Poop, with some examples being:
- Gorillaz, most especially Plastic Beach
- Talking Heads