Things you never expected to learn, you'll probably find here. When you're able to identify a trope you know next to nothing about, you've cleared a major hurdle in your life. And whether we want to admit it or not, tropes are part of our own real lives.
Originally I had planned to have my handle read ANTMuddle (as a play on America's Next Top Model), but I was a bit of a noob in my picks. It came out as you see here, like "ant muddle." You might be familiar with my handiwork on the later-season character sheets.
Since 2009, the year of its inception, I've been a physical and financial supporter of Montreal Walks for Mental Health and a regular client of one of its centers. Like breast cancer is to a number of women, mental health is a personal cause of mine; I received my diagnosis (schizophrenic) when I was 19 years old and endured more than two decades of treatment. You really do not want to quit your medication Cold Turkey (although that was how I kicked a severe Coca-Cola addiction in the late 1980s).
I've been with this site since the start of 2012, probably thanks to the Survivor Sucks site. Their discussion of tropes (and the hijacking of a Neopets account) led me to this site. I registered, found a few topics of interest (and later a spot on Wikia), and the rest is history.
- Giada De Laurentiis
- The Houndcats
- Rules For Radicals
- Write a Four-Temperament Ensemble
- TV Tropes Additional Hero Vows (base)
- Fast And Furryous
- The Three Little Bops
- Pacifist Dojo
- The Twilight Zone S 5 E 128 Uncle Simon
- To Beep or Not to Beep
- Rabbit Every Monday
- Yellow/Purple Contrast (in conjunction with a sponsor)
- Max The 2000 Year Old Mouse
- War and Pieces (there exists another cartoon with this exact title)
- The Wild Chase
- From Hare To Heir
- Forward March Hare
- Sugar and Spies
- What's Up, Doc?
- Cats And Bruises
- A Pizza Tweety Pie
- Wild Wife
- Stop! Look! And Hasten!
- The Sad Sack
- Hopalong Casualty
- The Hole Idea
- The Dixie Fryer
- False Hare
- Tweety And The Beanstalk
- Hare We Go
- Claws For Alarm
- (Yeah, I grew up on the Bugs Bunny / Road Runner show. So sue me.)
- Tattoo Nightmares
This contributor's life provides examples of:
- Beware the Nice Ones: Pranks... ''uughh.''
- Boring, but Practical: That was me describing the Lab Rat on that page and creating its Live-Action TV folder. It also describes my real-world job.
- Canada, Eh?
- Cousin Oliver: Believe it or not, not all redheads are Hot-Blooded.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Many of my favorite characters qualify as The Heart, particularly in cases of What Kind of Lame Power Is Heart, Anyway? If you only knew.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: Again, me on the job.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: If you were a young Looney Tunes addict with a Muppet Babies imagination, you'd probably have been one, too. Speaking of which:
- Loners Are Freaks: Overlaps with Not Good with People and sometimes Intelligence = Isolation.
- The Mentally Disturbed: As stated above, a personal cause.
- Not Good with People: Ties in with the Melancholic part of the Four-Temperament Ensemble.
- Redheads Are Uncool: We are not all fiery.
- Revenge of the Nerds: What, you don't think it's possible for a nerd to learn bullying? Tina Fey would love to have a word with you.
- School Yard Bully All Grown Up: How an abused mind handles both sides of a conflict issue (and why it often cries Double Standard). The Only Sane Man sentiment also stems out of this.
- This Index Has Had a Hard Life: Don't say it hasn't happened to you.
- This Is Your Index on Drugs: Yes, please do talk to your kids about tropes.
- Wangst: Annoys the shit out of others, poisons the social air you breathe, and can't be cured easily, if at all. When such a mind is forced to endure sufficiently on any terms besides its own, it is made to feel like an Acceptable Target and will most likely respond in this manner (also see The Chew Toy).
"Without a dedicated base of rear-line forces, the rest of your team has nowhere to go."