- Alternate Continuity: Maybe, because while Jun Fukuda says the show is not canon with the Showa films, Toho says otherwise. So basically it's Word of God vs. Word of God.
- Creator Backlash: Reportedly, director Jun Fukuda refused to talk about the show if asked about it. However, he softened up in later years.
- Cut Short: The show was cancelled midway through because of the downturn in the Japanese economy caused by the Energy Crisis during the 1970s, leaving the story of the Zone Family and the Garoga forever unfinished.
- Follow the Leader: Giant hero similar to Ultraman? Check! Of course, it has to be remembered that Zone Fighter was not the only series copying Ultraman at the time, but it is certainly one of the more notable ones.
- No Export for You: The show has never been sold out of Japan.
- Prop Recycling: The suits of Godzilla (specifically the one used in Godzilla vs. Megalon), King Ghidorah, and Gigan are all recycled from their movie appearances.
- Retroactive Recognition: Kazuya Aoyama (Zone Fighter's human form Hikaru Sakimori) would have a bigger role in a later Godzilla-related work as Masahiko Shimizu from Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla.
- The Wiki Rule: Gojipedia and The Zone Fighter Wiki.
Trivia / Zone Fighter