- Ascended Fanon: A mysterious duo known as Grey began remixing several of Zedd's singles off of True Colors, which attracted lots of attention in the internet. Zedd was eventually made aware of these remixes by Troye Sivan, and was impressed enough to add them to the remixes EP of True Colors.
- Banned in China: In 2019, he's no longer allowed to perform in China due to liking a tweet from the creators of South Park that came out right after the episode "Band In China" aired. He even admitted this in this tweet.
- Creator Couple: With Selena Gomez as of 2015.
- Career Resurrection: To help Kesha escape from her abusive and controlling label manager Dr. Luke, Zedd re-released True Colors as a single with Kesha's more powerful vocals over it. Not only did the song make sense, given her situation, but it was the first track Kesha released on her own since 2013's "Timber". Needless to say, the track was successfully able to positively lift Kesha's spirits, and get her back into the world of pop music.
- Similarly Named Works: Oddly enough, both "The Middle" and "Clarity" share their titles with songs by Jimmy Eat World. Even odder, both artists' songs titled "The Middle" are their biggest hits (peaking exactly at #5 on the Hot 100 each), and both songs titled "Clarity" are title tracks from the album.
- Star-Making Role:
- "Clarity" served as one for Foxes, beforehand she was almost completely unknown.
- Papercut became a huge one for Troye Sivan, who only had some minor fame off of YouTube and his self-produced track "Happy Little Pill".
- Before "Fall Into The Sky" was released, Lucky Date wasn't heard of at all in the electronic world. After its release, Lucky Date successfully was able to release many other tracks on multiple electro house labels.
- A similar thing can be said about Canadian duo Botnek, who were only known for their remixes, notably that of Martin Garrix's "Animals". Zedd ended up contacting them, swapped some ideas around, and ended up with this in just a single day.
- As mentioned above, Grey's remixes of several of True Colors tracks got them recognized by Zedd himself and called on them to help produce a remake of the Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory song "Candyman", "Starving" for Hailee Steinfield, and their original electro house track "Adrenaline", which is already becoming very popular.
- "The Middle" greatly boosted Maren Morris's popularity outside of her home format of country music.
- What Could Have Been:
- The vocal part of "The Middle" was originally offered to 17 other artists before Maren Morris.
- Matthew Koma was initially going to be the vocalist for "Clarity", but the role ultimately went to Foxes since Koma couldn't hit all the high notes in the song, and refused to let Zedd pitch up his voice to get him to hit it. Additionally, if Zedd's manager hadn't discovered Foxes, "Clarity" likely would've been left off the debut album due to deadline issues.
- The Wiki Rule: The Zedd Wiki.
Trivia / Zedd