- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $20 million. Box office, $19,765,868 (domestic), $29,170,410 (worldwide).
- Creator Killer: This is the final theatrically released movie with the 4Kids banner on it; they never put another movie in a cinema after the movie failed in America.
- Genre-Killer: Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Movie was released only months after Disney's Home on the Range, and helped ensure that, apart from Studio Ghibli films and the Curious George movies, there wouldn't be another 2D-animated film until The Princess and the Frog in 2009. It received a theatrical re-release in 2018 alongside a preview for Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Outside of the initial VHS/DVD release, the movie hasn't been rereleased in 16:9, in high definition anywhere, nor in its extended form with the Japanese audio outside of Japan.
- Marth Debuted in "Smash Bros.": The movie shows the aftermath of Battle City, which aired weeks after the movie's debut in America.
- Troubled Production: Eric Stuart, who voice directed the English dub in addition to voicing Kaiba, has said that the entire English dub was recorded from scratch three times.
- The Wiki Rule: The Yu-Gi-Oh! Wiki, and the forked site, Yugipedia.
Trivia / Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light