- Dummied Out: The game's composer Tomoya Tomita uploaded 6 unused tracks meant to appear in this game.
- Early-Bird Cameo: The Woolly World stage in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is the first instance of a stage being in a Smash Bros. game before the game it's based on releases.
- Fan Nickname: Yoshi's Epic Yarn, Little Big Yoshi and most popular; Yarn Yoshi.
- Sequel Gap: The last home console Yoshi game was nearly 18 years ago. The last Yoshi game in general, though, was Yoshi's New Island, which was released in 2014.
- Urban Legend of Zelda: It's commonly believed around the fandom that the reason why the Pokémon amiibo don't work with this game is because of licensing issues. In reality, they only don't work because the development team found themselves unable to faithfully create Yoshi patterns based on them.
Trivia / Yoshi's Woolly World