- Amateur Cast: Most of the singing and voice acting for certain games like Double Dragon Neon and ICarly: Groovy Foodie! were provided by staff from the company who never acted before or since.
- Breakthrough Hit: Shantae.
- Flagship Franchise: Again, Shantae. Mighty Switch Force is also a close second.
- Old Shame: Ping Pals was more or less a ploy for WayForward to obtain devkits. The only thing anyone at WayForward is proud of about it is that they got to slip a few Shantae references in.
- Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! also became this in their eyes as one of their few games to get predominantly negative reviews from just about everyone including critics and fans of the show. When they were tasked with making a sequel to it with The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom they even mentioned how they wanted to take the criticism they got from Explore the Dungeon to heart and improve on them to not repeat the same result.
- Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-bit Land became this for its first time director after the game also bombed critically.
- Money, Dear Boy: Literately the only reason they keep accepting to make licensed games is to keep the company afloat as Shantae and Mighty do not make enough money for them to live off of them alone.
- One for the Money; One for the Art: Their business model is to use the money they make from their licensed games to develop their original games and imbue them with charm and passion.
- Recurring Riff: The 4-note melody from the Mighty series shows up in every installment, and also serves as the company jingle.
- Troubled Production: While nothing has been been detailed about it, some staff from the company have hinted that the tie-in game for The Smurfs 2 suffered from this.
- According to a programmer from Lalaloopsy: Carnival of Friends, that game had memory management problems that randomly kept popping up during development.
- There's some very scattered information indicating Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby in 8-bit Land suffered this due to a combination of short development time and being made by a new, mostly inexperienced staff.
- What Could Have Been: The company once expressed interest in making a licensed game based on My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, but werent able to obtain the rights before the entirety of Generation 4 came to an end.
- The Wiki Rule: Has one (it's mainly about Shantae) here.
Trivia / WayForward Technologies