- Acting for Two: Played for laughs when all of the named pigs in Episode 12 of the anime are voiced by the same actors as their namesakes, making "pig" noises. Possibly the only main character whose actor doesn't do this is Baka.
- Cowboy BeBop at His Computer: A long-running fan translation of the series had Ota's surname translated as Sakuchi for over 50 chapters, before the anime announcement and website clarified it was read as Kikuchi. An extra edit was made to apologise for the mistranslation.
- Defictionalization: Teishotoku-P, the Vocaloid producer that Ota usually listens to, is a "real"note account with his own YouTube channel. This is the music video that Ota watched in episode 8.
- Fan Nickname:
- "High School Girls are Funky 2".
- Alternatively, there's "Nichijou 2.0", due to the uncanny resemblances between the two main trios, right down to their seating arrangements in class◊.
- On 4chan, Majime is sometimes referred to as /biz/, their business/finance board, because she mainly uses her headphones to listen to business news.
- "Interesting woman" for Baka, stemming from the short Running Gag in her Imagine Spots in the first episode, where all of her romantic interests describe her as such for some reason.
- Playing Against Type:
- Aki Toyosaki is known for playing ditzy, silly, but otherwise cheerful and kind-hearted girls, typically with a noticeable Kansai accent (think Yui Hirasawa). So it comes as a surprise when she is cast as the stoic, deadpan and no-nonsense Robo. The voice she's normally known for could be heard in the "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune ending song, though, which doesn't sound like Robo in the least.
- Rie Takahashi is known for playing coy and playful comedic characters (like Takagi from Teasing Master Takagi-san and Megumin from Konosuba), and in this case, she's playing Majime, a serious, tomboyish and literal-minded girl.
- Relationship Voice Actor:
- Chapter 44 provides the "Interesting Woman" skit of the first episode. This is also the chapter before the manga entered a long hiatus.
Trivia / Wasteful Days of High School Girls