- Channel Hop: UPN -> The CW -> MyNetworkTV -> Syfy -> USA Network (-> Fox from October 2019).
- Dueling Shows: With WCW Thunder when it first aired. Later, with Raw in kayfabe.
- Fan Nickname:
- "The Blue Brand" due to its blue colour scheme.
- The six hard-working men (Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero) who are considered to have made SmackDown fun to watch during the beginning of the first brand extension were nicknamed "The SmackDown Six".
- The six hard-working women who created a fun women's divison in 2016 (Becky Lynch, Naomi, Nikki Bella, Carmella, Alexa Bliss and Natalya) are nicknamed "The New SmackDown Six".
- Long-Runners: It's been airing since 1999.
- Long-Runner Cast Turnover: With a show that is 17 years old, and with the wrestling business being what it is, this is kind of a given.
- Milestone Celebration: Smackdown 1000! on October 16, 2018.
- Real Song Theme Tune:
- Marilyn Manson provided the theme song "The Beautiful People" for the blue brand (which was originally used for Raw when it became Raw is War before legal issues arose).
- Drowning Pool wrote the song "Rise Up" for SmackDown, and the song was used from 2004 to 2008. The theme had various lead singers due to Drowning Pool's Revolving door of lead singers.
- For SmackDown's tenth anniversary, Divide the Day provided "Let It Roll".
- When the show moved to Syfy, the theme became "Know Your Enemy" from Green Day. Bumpers used "Hangman" from Rev Theory.
- Although later demoted to bumpers, SmackDown used "Born 2 Run" from Seven Lions between 2012 and 2014.
- Screwed by the Network:
- Surprisingly averted. UPN, upset over WWE returning the broadcast rights of sister program WWE Raw to USA Network from Spike TV (which was owned by UPN's parent Viacom), tried to sabotage SmackDown by shafting it to the Friday Night Death Slot from Thursday nights. WWE, however, got a few tricks up their sleeve and began promoting the series as Friday Night SmackDown, which not only prevented any major ratings drops, but it made it one of the few programs that were carried on to UPN's successor network, The CW, who broadcast the series for another two years (likely for contractual reasons) before the jump to MyNetworkTV.
- Another aversion, but at the expense of another organization: Fox took the broadcasting rights to SmackDown at the expense of their previous deal with sports organization Ultimate Fighting Championship, whom they snubbed out of belief they couldn't market that organization effectively to audiences under the seven years broadcasting their fights. The snub gave ESPN the perfect opportunity to bolster their streaming service with UFC fights, in addition to replacing Fox as the UFC's media partner.
- Short Run in Peru: During the show's taped days, SmackDown aired in countries such as Australia, the Philippines, India, the UK, Ireland and Canada before it reached the U.S. due to time zone differences.
Trivia / WWE SmackDown