- Breakthrough Hit: If it wasn't for "Accio Deathly Hallows", Vlogbrothers wouldn't have been nearly as popular as it is, and perhaps all of the projects they did would've never come to fruition in the first place.
- Cowboy BeBop at His Computer: British tabloid The Daily Star did a article on Britain's Got Talent runner-up Jonathan Antoine and his professing to be a nerdfighter. The group was referred to as "The Nerd Fighters", was called a bizarre internet cult, and that members are often intellectual loners, claim they are "not made of flesh and bone" and watch Harry Potter and Star Trek movies all the time.
- During the Great American Tour de Nerdfighting, Paper Towns tour 2008, nerdfighters made many items that previously existed only in John's book, Paper Towns, such as Margo's crazy shopping list/receipt, Amish hunger wonder bread, Go Fast bars, and more.
- Invoked in the case of the vehicle used to drive across the country for the Paper Towns tour. It was the exact same minivan owned by Q's mom in the book.
- Also a Culver Creek Prep t-shirt from Looking for Alaska.
Trivia / VlogBrothers