- Career Resurrection: True Legend (2010), despite being a flop, was enough to convince studios that Vincent Zhao can portray dramatic roles convincingly besides ass-kicking, hence granting him additional roles in Wu Dang and The Unity of Heroes trilogy later on.
- No Export for You: Most of Zhao's films after True Legend are really hard to get outside of Asia.
- The Other Darrin: Vincent Zhao replaces Jet Li as Wong Fei-hung in Once Upon a Time in China part 4 and 5.
- Role Reprise: In The Unity of Heroes, Kung fu Alliance, Wrath of Sea, where Vincent Zhao stars as Wong Fei-hung for the first time in 24 years.
- Star-Derailing Role: Body Weapon, an exploitative, nudity-loaded 1999 flick in which Vincent played the Decoy Protagonist. It received terrible reviews and begins a downward spiral for Vincent Zhao condemning him to TV series or low-budget films until 2010's True Legend.
Trivia / Vincent Zhao