- All-Star Cast: The English dub featured a radically cast of all-stars compared to the Japanese version, featuring a cast of actors that fans of either Attack on Titan, Fate/stay night, Fullmetal Alchemist or Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers might find familiar.
- Creator Killer: Thanks to the mostly disliked or simply indifference-inducing ending of the series, many fans have stated they would have a hard time reading another story from Hino Matsuri again, since they fear she'll just create another series with messed up morals and/or another trolling Love Triangle. The fact that the editors from LaLa made Matsuri to cut the story because it wasn't selling as it did before, doesn't exactly help.
- Executive Meddling: When sales started to drop since the start of the second arc, the editors from LaLa forced Hino Matsuri to cut her ending, apparently three times in the story. As a result, Matsuri even publically apologized to her readers in her blog for the ending being as rushed as it was, being sorry she wasn't able to tell the full story she wanted.
- I Knew It!:
- Yuuki is a pureblood vampire. This was somewhat easy to see coming, but the exact manner was still something of a surprise.
- Many fans predicted that Kaname would be alive at the end despite all the foreshadowing of his death.
- Real-Life Relative: Travis Willingham, Toga Yagari's English voice actor, is married in real-life to Maria Kurenai's English voice actress, Laura Bailey.
- Relationship Voice Actor: This is not the first time (or the last time) that Mamoru Miyano and Vic Mignogna would voice the same character (in this case, Zero) in an anime series.
- She Also Did: Shizuka's Japanese voice actress Fumiko Orikasa is also the Japanese voice of Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach.
- Talking to Himself: Zero and Ichiru are both voiced by Mamoru Miyano (original) and Vic Mignogna (U.S. English dub).
- The Cameo: Kanon Wakeshima, the series' ED performer, lends her voice to the maid in the 8th episode of the first season.
- Trolling Creator: Hino Matsuri being a rather infamous example for her Love Triangle's antics, the epitome of her trolling probably being towards the ending where Yuuki kisses and admits to being in love with Zero in one chapter... and then sleeps with Kaname two chapters later (merely one week later in-universe). She then has a child from both guys in the end, and the love triangle itself is also left with No Romantic Resolution.
- What Could Have Been: The story was supposed to have lasted for a little more than a hundred chapters, but was cut due to the Executive Meddling mentioned above. Considering its massive Seasonal Rot at the time, not many fans found it a bad thing.
- The Wiki Rule: The Vampire Knight Wiki.
Trivia / Vampire Knight