- All-Star Cast: An ensemble led by Tom Cruise, it is composed by Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, Kenneth Branagh, Eddie Izzard, Carice Van Houten, Thomas Kretschmann, Terence Stamp, Tom Hollander, Kevin McNally, Christian Berkel, David Schofield and many others.
- Fake Nationality: Most of the characters are played by British actors, a few Americans (including Cruise) and two Dutch actresses (Carice van Houten and Halina Reijn). The only ones that avert this are Thomas Kretschmann, Christian Berkel and Waldemar Kobus who are real Germans.
- Font Anachronism: On the banner with the inscription "Führer befiehl, wir folgen dir", the font used is a Fraktur type. This is extremely improbable, given that Hitler had banned all Fraktur types in 1941 while openly stating that they were of Jewish origin.
- Playing Against Type: Jokes aside, this is Tom "Top Gun" Cruise playing a Wehrmacht officer with an eyepatch. Also, David Schofield (Gladiator, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.) plays a sympathetic character for a change.
- Production Posse: John Ottman composes the film's soundtrack as he did in previous Bryan Singer films such as The Usual Suspects or X2: X-Men United, as well as Newton Thomas Sigel doing the cinematography. This was also Christopher McQuarrie's second collaboration with Singer years later after The Usual Suspects and it marked his first collaboration with Tom Cruise, whom he worked with in Jack Reacher, Edge of Tomorrow and two installments of the Mission: Impossible franchise.
- Real-Life Relative: An interesting case. Tresckow's aide at the beginning is played by Philipp von Schulthess, Stauffenberg's real-life grandson. In the film, Nina von Stauffenberg is pregnant with his mother.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: Cruise took an interest in the role when he saw a profile picture of Stauffenberg that uncannily looked like him.
- What Could Have Been: Patrick Wilson and Stephen Fry were offered unspecified roles for the film. But declined the offer due to scheduling conflicts.
Trivia / Valkyrie