- Actor Allusion: Of David Boreanaz's character: "He's no angel."
- Billing Displacement: Denise Richards has less screentime compared with Marley Shelton but is credited first.
- California Doubling: Inverted; the film is set in California but was shot in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Cast the Runner-Up:
- Hedy Burress auditioned for Dorothy and was later cast as Ruthie.
- Jessica Cauffiel auditioned for Paige before being cast as Lily.
- Creator Backlash:
- Katherine Heigl has disowned the film.
- Director Jamie Blanks has openly apologized for doing the film.
- Deleted Scene:
- Kate returning to her apartment after her talk with Gary and learning that most of her outfits are missing.
- After Shelley's funeral, the girls have drinks and talk about Shelley.
- Executive Meddling: Director Jamie Blanks says that Warner Bros. had much of the violence trimmed down due to concerns over violence after Columbine.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Katherine Heigl was already committed to Roswell, so she wound up having three days to shoot scenes and 10 minutes of screentime for this film.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: Chelcie Burgart, who plays Paige at age 11/12, is nearly an absolute dead ringer for Denise Richards. They could easily be confused for sisters if seen together.
- What Could Have Been:
- Jared Leto, Luke Wilson, and Jeremy Sisto were some of the first choices for Adam before David Boreanaz was cast.
- Richard Kelly was one of the first choices to direct.
- Gary was originally hit 11 times with the iron instead of two.
- Paige's death was originally even more graphic, with her skin melting after she's electrocuted.
- David Boreanaz wanted to be the killer onscreen, but his schedule didn't allow it.
Trivia / Valentine